PDA

View Full Version : ne1 have a 92-95 civic hatch

phils_herre
16-11-2003, 05:26 PM
hey all,
Just wondering how the stock civic 93 gli's go... can u make a significant difference with minor mods only, such as exhaust, airflow ect... or is the vtec the only way to go... wat type of cars can non vtec civics beat... lancers, integra gsi, mirages.... and wats the difference in 92 Si to 93 Vti... Anyone :shock:

mo
16-11-2003, 05:44 PM
lol you asking really hard questions here? they are all rated about the same power rating but it all comes down to driver skill of course

Chi
16-11-2003, 06:01 PM
well im still new to honda terms and definitions, but ive been reading the forums lately alot....

I believe a VTi is ur best option over the GLi..... Ive tried both and i hafta say the Vti is undoublty more fun to drive in terms of power.....

As for Si and VTi

the Si is a 1.6 Lt DOHC non vtec engine
as where the VTi is a 1.6 Lt VTEC SOHC engine......

the VTi is slightly powerful than the Si i believe...

Correct me on this if im wrong anyone...... :wink:

phils_herre
16-11-2003, 06:10 PM
ah thats true, with the vtec and si, lol... yeh its the Si that doesnt have too much over the standard Gli... lol the vtec will kick ass obviously... was just wondering how the Gli's ran against the lancers and mirages... i think the Glxi lancers 1.8 would win but the Gli lancer 1.5/6litre would be a good run for the civics money... anyone in a civic raced a lancer/mirage?

phils_herre
16-11-2003, 06:33 PM
also does ne1 own a civic ek vtir hatch... how do they go???

luzinit
16-11-2003, 06:35 PM
yeh man!! omg i replied to like all u 3 posts just then hahahah

i got one....
!
i love it :)
can beat gsi tegs, lil bit behind vtir tegs, and i've never gone against a prelude of any model so i have no idea~

1.6L dohc vtec!

phils_herre
16-11-2003, 06:39 PM
lol luzinit, just checking that ur awake dude, lol... getting all excited now that i can feel a vtec close by... it just might happen...

and yeh i just replied to another one of ur posts somewhere else hahaha... go the mugen hit on the civic hey :D

phils_herre
16-11-2003, 06:41 PM
ill just stay in this forum if u get back, too confusing otherwise lol... do civic vtir beat comodores hey... i know that vtir kicks ass over protons and stuff like that...

and just to clarify civic vtir = hatch, vti = coupe/sedan

luzinit
16-11-2003, 06:48 PM
haha sorry man i was watching australian idol..

anyways, this is the basic model listing
for EG civic i think 91-95 models, they came in GL/GLI and SI/VTI..

but the model i have
EK, VTIR from 96-98 were hatches
99-00 were coupes.

hatches also came in cxi/gli, but i'd rather GSI teg over a non vtec civic

in the sedan they came in GLI/VTI

hope that helps
yeh man, can beat V6 commos ;) for sure!

luzinit
16-11-2003, 06:50 PM
and yeh, in the world of 1.6, theres not many cars out there that can beat a civic vtir :)

yeh i think it SHOULD beat mazda sp20's, proton satria's, n/a lancers, yada yada!

hehe

phils_herre
16-11-2003, 06:55 PM
yeh it will kick there ass for sure, lol... proton satria gti's do like 9.9sec to 100 and mazda does like 10.5 or something like that... it will kick ass over just about nething in this smaller car ranger that isnt turboed or isnt a type r civic... now give me one of them ne day.

also have u seen them with a type R mugen body kit... it looks hot as anything... i always wanted a civic with a mugen kit, expensive though i think....

luzinit
16-11-2003, 06:59 PM
haha yeh.. i have, but i rather no kit, as there are so many other civics out there with that same mugen kit these days...

im just gonna get a factory front lip, drop it on some 16" gold rims! hahah nice nice :)

phils_herre
16-11-2003, 07:02 PM
yeh not wrong... i really like the hatch civics actually... just a lip mabe some skirts and depending on wat colour ur car is mabe altezza tail lights... gotta get a 2.25in exhaust as well...

i just saw this websight called www.cardomain.com and its great... just checking out the civics now, though mostly are from the states and are coupes... i like the hatches better...

dcii_sir
16-11-2003, 07:04 PM
Hey guys.. I firmly believe that the EG series Si is actually a little bit faster than the VTi although they are both rated at the same power (96 kw). In terms of mods, it is better as well. I have heard hotted up Si (still NA) beating integra type R. By the way, I drive a 92 Civic Si sedan.. I think it goes okay. I can beat lancers (the 1.8s MAY give u a run for your money but I am not sure).... but lost to a SSS.. Dang...

phils_herre
16-11-2003, 07:09 PM
wow si faster... would like to see them race though... that cardomain.com has some wikid cars though... some of them must have spent a mint to get them babies up to that standard... yeh i have also heard that sss are quick... i didnt realise that they were that quick, i thought they yeilded only 98kw or something like that...

Weq
16-11-2003, 07:31 PM
As i said in a thead before, i dyned with 2 1.8L lancers, one came out a tiny bit below me, the other a tiny bit above. Both were modded though witht he usuals. Mine was stock.

wynode
16-11-2003, 08:04 PM
I have heard hotted up Si (still NA) beating integra type R

That is rubbish. There is no way a NA Civic Si will beat a ITR!!!

The SSS is 105kW and is quicker than a Vti or Si Civic.

bennjamin
ALso remember the SSS pulsar has 200-400cc's more capacity than our lil civics...( i dont know if 1.8 or 2l?)

Still , civics are a good thing mate.

I HAD a Si civic - quite a very good lil car - Mind you , it has been recently crashed into and i am very pissed off :P

But , I am buying another Si , simply that for the money the Si is the best car u can buy i think. I have driven a vti - i dont care if the "peak power" is the same - a SOHC engine is never going to be as efficent and quick as a DOHC anyway - That is ...IF u can find a Si lol...
There is alot of vti's for sale ! Not soo many Si's.

And , a Si will never beat a ITR - maybe off teh mark into say 3rd gear - but the ITR has more top end. I have a mate with a EG5 ( si) and it is very quick , very stable car too - My next Si will be kind of a project - with most of my money going to be spent on handling properties rather than bags of power - as Keiichi would say " Its about balance!"

Basically , I would buy an vti if i was going to do a hybrid conversion or turbo it - and an si if u want a quick lil car, that with a few $k sepnt would be a VERY quick car :)

Best of luck , Ben

mo
ah thats true, with the vtec and si, lol... yeh its the Si that doesnt have too much over the standard Gli... lol the vtec will kick ass obviously... was just wondering how the Gli's ran against the lancers and mirages... i think the Glxi lancers 1.8 would win but the Gli lancer 1.5/6litre would be a good run for the civics money... anyone in a civic raced a lancer/mirage?

i own an EK gli sedan...hrmm...lancers are cool but all i can just see are there headlights :wink:

phils_herre
16-11-2003, 09:10 PM
lol thats good to hear Mo... damn those lancers, lol...

I didnt think that an Si civic had a chance of beating the 147kw type r's... unless it was fully modified... My friends type R keeps up with most wrx and stock Gtst's in dry conditions with his sub pulled out and and 1/8th tank of petrol...

Also u gotta wonder, do people that own Honda's just love them or wat... lol no goin back...

Plus wats the best mods to use on a Gli civic hatch... Can u get any more kw without turboing or supercharging it??

mo
16-11-2003, 10:20 PM
what year model gli hatch are you thinking? the EK series?
i've seen 1996 vti-r's go for like 15k before!!

phils_herre
16-11-2003, 10:24 PM
yeh dude... like the 96/98 ek civic hatch's... i really like the mugen kits for them... (the one that looks like the white type R civic)...

anyone know how much a kit like the type r would cost... im thinking around 2-3k...

mo
16-11-2003, 10:37 PM
i dunno but i also like the buddy club kit for the ek! they look nice

phils_herre
16-11-2003, 10:43 PM
hey mo where bouts u seen these buddy club kits... most civic kits up in brissy are shite... u got ne links so i can take a look...

luzinit
16-11-2003, 11:00 PM
basically if ur thinking of getting more power out without forced induction, best bet would be vti-r integra, then the vti-r civic. dont look at the non vtec hondas.

having said that, just try shop around for the 2 cars mentioned and i'm sure sooner or later you will be able to find one within ur budget.

tony.

A'PEXi
17-11-2003, 01:05 AM
while going for the forced induction route tho, be a bit more cautious with vtec cars :) have a look in the forced induction section for a bit more info.

as for kits, dmd, ares, jetspeed and them will be able to get you what you are looking for, average is 2-3k fitted+painted+meshed etc. dmd specialize in ground designs kits and if u add bonnets, flares etc to them you will obviously up the price tag. Where as ares have a few options from the japanese market. jetspeed i think has just been operational in brisbane for not long, they should have the basic kits for civics :D

and in regards to si vs vti - i think they are relativley the same, down to the driver... the vti may have a slight advantage at higher revs due to obvious reasons... just my opinion 8)

[[d a n n y]]
17-11-2003, 07:29 AM
ok mate i got a EG hatch a EG3

which is breeze i am gonna put oin a dohc b16a

which should gib it sum more goes than a Ek vti-r and maybe head to head with teggy VTir

haha tony watch out mate..

mo
17-11-2003, 09:31 AM
phils_herre, not sure where you can buy the kits but here is a pic!
http://octane.nt4.com/firesport/item_images/4052.jpg
taken from firesport.com

and for danny! hahah can't wait to see your conversion man! :D :!:

luzinit
17-11-2003, 02:10 PM
wow!! that is a very clean EK! i want mine to look similar to that but on gold rims!!

hahahaha danny.. i'll be waiting mate.. LOL!! if 6months later you're still farting around in a carby im gonna laff at u!! :P

jk man.. take ur time..

EG5
17-11-2003, 08:54 PM
[quote]I have heard hotted up Si (still NA) beating integra type R

my 1993 civic si hatch wth some mods can beat a slightly moded Integra Type R untill the end of 3rd gear with a proper launch and flatshifting gear change and then the integra type R only pull away around 1 car length away from my civic.

Also at club rsx australia forum ( old skool thread) it shows an mpeg of me beating H22a type S powered on 1988 prelude.

For those who watch me on that race they know what im talking about.. (some guys from club rsx.com)
Vtec vs non vtec ??? :shock:

bennjamin
17-11-2003, 09:26 PM
[quote]I have heard hotted up Si (still NA) beating integra type R

my 1993 civic si hatch wth some mods can beat a slightly moded Integra Type R untill the end of 3rd gear with a proper launch and flatshifting gear change and then the integra type R only pull away around 1 car length away from my civic.

Also at club rsx australia forum ( old skool thread) it shows an mpeg of me beating H22a type S powered on 1988 prelude.

For those who watch me on that race they know what im talking about.. (some guys from club rsx.com)
Vtec vs non vtec ??? :shock:

hehe - Gosh dam my man Yonas here does have a point...i can remeber watching ur car when Phil wus drivn in Melbourne - beatin a suprised ITR till 3rd easy :P

Dont forget....wen i get ANOTHER EG5...its time for rematch man 8)

Nuttz
18-11-2003, 10:17 PM
It looks like thats just a front lip put on , not the whole front bar.

phils_herre, not sure where you can buy the kits but here is a pic!
http://octane.nt4.com/firesport/item_images/4052.jpg
taken from firesport.com

and for danny! hahah can't wait to see your conversion man! :D :!:

berniebern
23-12-2003, 08:36 AM
Have a '94 Civic GLi. No major mods except K&N panel filter, 2" cat back exhaust with 3" dumpy.

In cold weather, shits all over pre 2003 Lancers, Mirages. Pre 2002 Corolla's and GL civic

In warmer weather, it tends to be hell sluggish and never gets off the mark

vuvu
23-12-2003, 03:17 PM
In regards to Si vs. Vti.. im sure with the same amount of power it would come down to the driver.. vtec is better than non vtec but DOHC is better than SOHC
i have an Si manual sedan and im telling you the car goes pretty good.. i was sceptical about it cz i knew nothing about it wen i got it (my dad bought it for me).. then i raced a slightly modded lancer mr (1.8lt) and bet it by a car length.. then came an exa (CA18de) and killed that by about 4 lengths.. even beat a eg vti hatch the other night at the drags by a car length.. not bad for a 1.6lt
i raced these guys several times and the outcome was the same.. pulled 8.3sec 0-100.. easily went past 200km/h.. car is not bad at all

well thats my experience with the car... onli had it for about 2 weeks... need a new clutch and some brake pads :D

OLM-02R
23-12-2003, 03:29 PM

that's no rubbish man....its true....my frens Si beat stock ITR's....its all about how you drive ur car..... :D cheers

EG5
31-12-2003, 10:54 AM

that's no rubbish man....its true....my frens Si beat stock ITR's....its all about how you drive ur car..... :D cheers

;)

2MPRSS
01-01-2004, 05:32 PM
ive got a 95 v-tec hatch