PDA

View Full Version : Motors for 88 honda prelude!

sydeFX
07-11-2004, 12:21 PM
ok hows it going, im not asking for everyone to do the research i just need some help, maybe knowledge or sites that can help me, ive been serching for a bit!

i have cracked the head inmy 88 prelude(well we think we have) and apartntly the 88=89 do this pretty easy???? so im wieghing up my options.......

gettin it pulled down to find that it could be a piston or what ever and gotta pay out alot of money to get it fixed but it'll still might have the same prob again orrrrrrrrrr........... get a import motor for it, i dont want a sports high power one just a stock ish would be nice

now this is where i need help, the 88 preludes what engines will fit in them i know that the b20a will duh n maybe the h23a???

will any other prelude, intergra, civic or accord, remember i dont want to loose power. i lil more wont hurt :)

so yeah if anyone could help me that'd be great either that or can i get a stronger head for it, any that would fit???

thanks
sydeFX

LUD02C
07-11-2004, 01:01 PM
Ok, first of all find out the problem first.
Whats it doing?
A cracked head is much different to a blown piston.

2nd, it'll most likely be cheaper just to fix the current problem then to put in a H22a (VTi-R Prelude motor) or whatever your looking at.

bigteethygrin
07-11-2004, 02:01 PM
yeah cheaper to fix it though also the perfect excuse to put a H22a in it..

Your budget and your choice dude

sydeFX
07-11-2004, 05:12 PM
there is air bubbling in the radiator but we no there are no leaks and it over heated about 2 or 3 weeks ago becos a pipe behind the engine had eroded and we didnt find out till it was to late, so hence i think its a crack head!

i dont really wanna upgrade my engine or anything but like i said ive been told the heads are a bit of a prob with the b20a's so i was kinda wantin maybe the import version or if there a engine that will fit in the standard mounts that wont have this prob or a stronger head! do you know of any places that would also import this stuff becos im from WA n want to check the east and maybe get it brought ove(thats no drama) but yeah thanks

ECU-MAN
08-11-2004, 11:12 PM
I rection you head gasket is rooted and posibly a warpped head. Last A20A4 engine I ripped the head off was so rooted, the head was badly warpped and the gasket was so far gone. cost about $400 in head repair alone. then the VRS kit, and of corse labour if you cant do it your self. not much change from $1000 if not more. Good Luck

flipmods
10-11-2004, 11:21 PM
I got a spare B20 head if your interested. $300. PM if interested.