PDA

View Full Version : Disarming immobiliser ?

PrahVtec
07-11-2004, 01:45 PM
i doubt anyone had this problem before but i need urgent advice..

last nite my remote wouldnt work and therefore i couldnt disarm the eng immob... unwilling i had to leave my car at the servo overnight coz it turns on automatically .. dis morning tried changin d batts for d remote n stil no response... so i cant start the car ..

my car is stil at the servo.. i wanna know if there is anyway of turning of the engine immobliser manually... i dont have the key to it ... cant get thru to previous owner, n doubt he has the key... i can get inside the car but i cant start it... i only have one remote... is it tru there is a switch someone underneath the dash to turn it off ? but i looked n cant find it anywher,...if anyone noes more about a fuse or anythin of a switch underneath the dash to disarm to eng immob, i would appreciate it heaps...

its just a factory immobliser and i know id need it to be serviced or better off gettin a new alarm system..

i only got my car(95 prelude vtir..) a week ago.. i cant believe this..

any advice appreciated asap ... cheers

Bubu
09-11-2004, 03:13 PM
have you checked your car battery? happened to me once... engine clicks but doesn't want to turnover...

check the voltage of battery with a multimeter... should be just a little greater than 12 volts...

ECU-MAN
09-11-2004, 07:59 PM
yeah battery on car and battery in remote.. you say you got he factory Honda Alarm !!!, they are pretty rare, so you got a three button remote with honda written on it. does the LED light up on the remote. I dont remember there being a overide switch but there was a lock key thing on the siren which disarms it all in the front grill. the factory alarm module is mounted in the boot under the reae parcle shelf, you could disconnect it and see if the car will start, also there is more wiring under the dash, and a realay to stop the engine from starting. note this only applies to the genuine honda alarm, other alarms would be easyer to override, you need to find the box, look for the two thickest wires or an external realy that looks like the immo circuit and bypass it. good luck

vtc
09-11-2004, 09:30 PM
Sweet... now everyone knows how to steal cars!
hehhe

ECU-MAN
09-11-2004, 09:31 PM
yaeh

opening the car and cracking the stearing lock is another art :) I wont go down that road.

PrahVtec
09-11-2004, 10:59 PM
thnx for d input..well in d end i got a alarm techy to come chek it out..

yeh he fiddled with sum box underneath d dash.. now id noe how to do it next time at least.. he sed if it appens agen, turnin d key 10 times (not startin d car) dis would overide the eng immob or alrm for it.. dat advice cost me 70 bux coz all he did was reset d alarm and took max 15mins ...
fact it was a 'service' call made it so expensive ... bleh..