PDA

View Full Version : central locking problem after car been repaired

hondajazz2005
04-07-2009, 12:14 AM
hi guys,
my car got rear ended few weeks before, just have me car back and found out that only the drivers door lock is responding to the remote.
check the fuse, and found out that the fuse is blown, replaced another fuse, and the remote will work for all the doors except the rear left door. but this only works once, then, all doors will not response to remote again except the drivers door.
check the fuse again, and it is blown, tried this 3 times with new fuse, still the same ... i am thinking something must be wrong somewhere when they fixed up my rear.
i found out another problem that is no matter my car is lock/unlock, i still can open my hatch door regardless (the tailgate door). also find out that my boot light is not working too ... gosh!!!
i called the smash repair, and he said, if small problem, easy fix, he will do it. if a major one, like he need to takes the car apart again, then he will need to contact the insurance company and get it re-assess and bla bla bla, all the process again. which is a pain.
any idea on what is wrong, or any place i can go to and get it check?
thanks heaps

markoJEK1
04-07-2009, 07:14 AM
Sounds like you have a short in your electrical system reguarding the central locking. Where ever your car has been pulled apart / repaired, I suggest pull the interior trims off and have a quick look for any pinched / exposed wires coming in contact with the car body.

OMG.JAI xD
04-07-2009, 10:20 AM
How bout take it back to where you had it repaired?

hondajazz2005
04-07-2009, 01:21 PM
will be taking back on monday. they said if a small and easy job, they will fix it. if the job requires them to start dismantle parts, they will need to contact insurance company first, then book in for the assessor to check again ... that is way out !

OMG.JAI xD
05-07-2009, 03:35 PM
Just remember nothing should come out of your pocket.

If it is a big job and your insurance company rejects the claim, its the workshops responsibility to fix the problem.

Id recommend you keep receipts and keep reports of this situation. Have a witness handy.
As you never know when youll need legal action.

hondajazz2005
05-07-2009, 08:41 PM
thanks for the advice bro, i will bring along my mate as a witness tomorrow.

danny_2132
18-07-2009, 08:43 PM
heyy howd you go with the problem??

i just got my rear bar repaired on my dc2 and now the left door doesnt lock with the remote and my boot light isnt working..

hondajazz2005
18-07-2009, 09:20 PM
short circuit in the car. brought the car back, then he said he never touch it, those bull shit ... bla bla bla, end of the day he still check it. after 2 hours, he said is fixed. i checked it. STILL NOT WORKING !! getting worst tho, central lock is working, but car alarm keeps going off and car won't turn on, even blow my front 50amp fuse !! end of the day, i paid 100 bucks to get an auto electrician in and fix up all the short circuit, then go to honda and order a fuse.... :(

p/s: are we fixing the car in the same place?? mine is around strathfield ... but no name here :)

danny_2132
19-07-2009, 12:50 AM
naa i got mine done at fivedock lol

what auto electrician did you go to?

Chriskoss
19-07-2009, 01:07 AM
Sounds liek a dodgy ass repairer.. tell him 2 get ****ed.

OMG.JAI xD
19-07-2009, 12:53 PM
Consumer affairs bud =]

hondajazz2005
19-07-2009, 07:41 PM
naa i got mine done at fivedock lol

what auto electrician did you go to?

just a guy down the road near where i fixed me car. can't give much feedback as first time using him and ... at least he fixed my central locking and fuse issue.

danny_2132
19-07-2009, 07:46 PM
lol i worked out that my door unlocks with the remote but doesnt lock.....

im really not bored taking it back cause i had to leave it there for almost a week to get the rear bar fixed...