PDA

View Full Version : Pinging like noise

snajper
04-07-2009, 08:40 AM
Hi,

I have 8th Gen 2008 Accord non Euro and was wondering if anyone is expiriencing pinging like issue when accelerating. I have taken it back to the dealer several times and they are saying they cannot find anything wrong. I haer the noise 30 times a day every day for a year now during slow acceleration. My feeling is that it due to faulty stall converter as it pings just before, during and after the gear change. I am thinking of getting the car repaired privately bcs Honda is beeing ignorant as that seems to be the cheapest option for them. This is how I get treated after speding 70K on 2 new Honda card in 18 months. Never again. Anyway did someone have the stall converted replaced by honda under waranty due to the same fault.

Cheers,

OMG.JAI xD
04-07-2009, 10:04 AM
Search is your friend bud.

Theres like 5 threads about the same issue.
They have no fix for it yet.
If youre using 95 or above then keep coming back to honda. Request they send a report in to honda australia.
I think only a handful of the new euros suffer from this pinging.

Just be sure youre using a good quality fuel.

snajper
04-07-2009, 02:10 PM
Search is your friend bud.

Theres like 5 threads about the same issue.
They have no fix for it yet.
If youre using 95 or above then keep coming back to honda. Request they send a report in to honda australia.
I think only a handful of the new euros suffer from this pinging.

Just be sure youre using a good quality fuel.

Thanks mate but my accord is NON EURO version.

Thanks

OMG.JAI xD
05-07-2009, 03:33 PM
With the k24 engine?
Or v6.

If its the k24, then what ive said still applies.

Probably was in the same line up as the euro engines.
Just keep going back to honda dealer.

If you go private workshop and they cant fix, you have a problem and they find out you went to another workshop theyll say, take it back to that workshop.

Thats the way dealers work. Theyll try help you. But when they can get out of hassles they will.

How bout tell em you want to roadtest the vehicle with a technician with you driving.
If you cant replicate then well, thats badluck. If you say it happens that often. Im sure itll happen on a roadtest.

What fuel are you using?
How many K's.

And if youre going to say. I use premium. Where from.