PDA

View Full Version : 93 Accord back seat leaking?

Petronas
04-07-2009, 04:30 PM
Water leaks when it rains in the back seat. We took the seat off and it seems to be coming from underneath the left rear passenger seat...

What would be a good way to find the hole?

Is this a common issue with 93 Accord Sedans?

CB7_OWNER
04-07-2009, 04:39 PM
not sure where there is direct access to the outside via the back seat, apart from the shock absorber area..never heard of this problem in a CB, if its a CB

Petronas
04-07-2009, 04:47 PM
not sure where there is direct access to the outside via the back seat, apart from the shock absorber area..never heard of this problem in a CB, if its a CB

Nah it's a CD Accord, probably a 1994 model in that case...

JohnL
05-07-2009, 12:06 PM
CB7 should be more or less the same as CD5.

I'd be looking at the aperture where the top of the coilover penetrates the top of the tower. Perhaps water spray is leaking in at this point, and then trickling down the 'outside' of the tower? (the 'outside' of the tower being on the inside of the cabin).

There is (or should be) a rubbery ring at the top of the coilover between the coilover and the top of the aperture. This ring seals the aperture to dust and water. Perhaps this has perished?

munkaii
05-07-2009, 12:11 PM
Could it be the tail light gaskets letting water through? Give that a look too.

OMG.JAI xD
05-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Do a water test.

Itll be unusual for a water to leak upwards.
You do get rare occasions where a grommet or plug went missing and it splashes in.

Get a hose, strip the interior and pin point the leak.

Petronas
06-07-2009, 01:38 AM
Could it be the tail light gaskets letting water through? Give that a look too.

What do you mean?

CB7 should be more or less the same as CD5.

I'd be looking at the aperture where the top of the coilover penetrates the top of the tower. Perhaps water spray is leaking in at this point, and then trickling down the 'outside' of the tower? (the 'outside' of the tower being on the inside of the cabin).

There is (or should be) a rubbery ring at the top of the coilover between the coilover and the top of the aperture. This ring seals the aperture to dust and water. Perhaps this has perished?

Will look into this, I'll ask questions in this thread if I get confused :thumbsup:

Do a water test.

Itll be unusual for a water to leak upwards.
You do get rare occasions where a grommet or plug went missing and it splashes in.

Get a hose, strip the interior and pin point the leak.

Was thinking about this... Maybe I'll do this as a last resort...