PDA

View Full Version : Supercharged DC5

mystic
05-07-2009, 01:34 PM
Has anyone put in a Supercharger for DC5 2005+ ? Would be interested to hear of the results and where I can get the kit from ie Jackson Racing

Mr_will
05-07-2009, 02:12 PM
http://www.hondatech.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=75
http://www.hondata.com/techk20itrjrsc75lbs.html
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/343565
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21039
http://www.blazingtype-r.com/2008/10/supercharger-for-honda-dc5-type-r.html

Just try a quick google search mate :)

FASN8U
05-07-2009, 02:52 PM
dude go on clubrsx.com , a heap of info on boosted/charged dc5's

OMG.JAI xD
05-07-2009, 03:50 PM
Traffic and a front mounted charger is not so good.

Heard mixed reviews about supercharged K series.
Some experience engine temps going abit above N.O.T.

Id think a turbo charger is more efficient and cheaper.

Arkayn
05-07-2009, 04:01 PM
there is a HKS turbo kit for and dc5 that bolts straight on, been out for a few years. No one has any probs and you don't have to butcher the carf for piping etc as it designed for that car. Search it and you will find. I was going to get one but didn't get a dc5.... got a jdm s15r so ya know...

mystic
06-07-2009, 12:48 AM
I've had a look at other sites but they're all non australian, I was hoping someone had already done this, especially since its a PITA to try to get ECU upgraded for a 2005 Type S in Perth. I've done the basic bolt ons ie Mugen Header, Mugen Twin Loop, GruppeM, Mugen SS, ADVAN rims and was considering what I could do next to increase acceleration.

Any suggestions clutch/ecu?

jesmine0
06-07-2009, 10:01 AM
i would say go for cam, valve, spring, intake ported and RBC or even piston. and of cos tuned. this wil increase the power significantly. if u supercharged or turbo it in future, it wil be more reliable.

OMG.JAI xD
06-07-2009, 06:26 PM
i would say go for cam, valve, spring, intake ported and RBC or even piston. and of cos tuned. this wil increase the power significantly. if u supercharged or turbo it in future, it wil be more reliable.

Yeh but, if you just get forgies on stock compression, you wont be able to run high boost.
You run boost with 11:1 comp ratio, it kills the meaning of having a reliable motor, even with just 5-10 psi.
If you have the money to take the engine out and get forgies, but not a turbo kit. Then just make a high comp motor.
Or make it a low comp and live with a less responsive motor.

Headwork isnt all that important unless youre running in excess or 20psi of boost. Stock honda heads are designed fairly well.

IsItQik??
10-07-2009, 08:11 AM
At the end of the day it comes down to your goals and budget...
Just remember that it's always cheaper to do it properly once then having to consistently pour money into it.
Be realistic about what your trying to achieve, what you'll be using it for and how much your willing to spend.
Ideally you should save up the money for the whole build and have it finished in as shorter time as possible. This will allow continuity of the build, less time off the road, a saving in labour costs and a workshop/mechanic that knows your car inside and out....etc.
As far as parts go, you generally get what you pay for.
Also, I'd go turbocharging over supercharging, with performance and local knowledge just two of the reasons why.

Good luck with whichever way you decide to go, your sure to have an absolute blast feeling the car transform.

Hope this helps, if so a pq point would be greatly appreciated.

6thgear
10-07-2009, 02:28 PM
jrsc designed their superchargers for stock engines though - ideal if you're not aiming for big power, just that little bit extra

mystic
11-07-2009, 11:34 AM
I like the idea of superchargers where its instant power not like boost where you you get that lag effect. First step I guess would be to find a ECU for my 2005 Type S. I think E-Manage Ultimate is probably the best bet, any other suggestions.

Cheers

OMG.JAI xD
12-07-2009, 03:20 PM
Hondata K pro.

Probably the best honda ecu out there. Retains the stock ecu.

omgzilla
12-07-2009, 04:46 PM
If I were you... i'd be doing the following (keeping N/A):
1. LSD
2. RBC Inlet Manifold
3. K-Pro
4. More suspension goodies

Take a look at timofytit's build and results etc (N/A) before you think more about forced induction. Just think hard about your goals, what suits your driving usage/style and do your research!

http://forums.clubrsx.com - is a good place to start!

barefootbonzai
12-07-2009, 04:53 PM
Super Charger would cost a fraction of the price and most likely net the same power gains if not more.

mystic
12-07-2009, 05:22 PM
A NA powered car would be nice, especially if I could keep up with a mates Mazda 6 MPS and his turbo.... I've decided I'm going to start off with a hondata ecu and go from there, so first step I've gotta find a 02-04 DC5R ECU.

Vision R EK is putting out quite a bit of power.. with a NA engine. Something that has given me a bit of inspiration.

Cheers!

ewendc2r
13-07-2009, 10:00 AM
I drove in a bris guys car who had a JRSC kit on his DC5. Running 9psi he had around 220hp @ treads.. was a very linear delivery and anyone who bags superchargers for race application simply don't know the full picture. In front wheel drive where traction on front wheels is a delicate balance, you don't want any sudden changes in power to them (i.e. some of the reason why FWD racers resist clutch type LSD). My personal opinion is that besides the fact that Turbo's are more efficient for 'top end' (general comment without starting a whole new thread) there is a real advantage in the way the power is delivered with a roots style blower and 'generally' for a low pressure system the area under the curve (which is what you really want for track racing) isn't too dissimilar. I think it comes down to driving preference, but I know I am happy to lose a little bit of potential top end (efficiency drops off with a roots style blower) for instant throttle response, linear delivery etc.

His car was quite quick from memory, putting the foot down in second was spinning the tyres but I didn't like the handling of the car (tail happy) so didn't push it .. He did go through charger belts though which can be a pain in the ass.

Look on the american honda-tech site if you want second hand charger -- probably not so expensive now and shipping wouldn't be THAT much..

IMHO -- the whistle of a roots blower makes it all worthwhile :) haha -- sounds fantastic!