PDA

View Full Version : S2000 06 / 08 Throttle Lag?

bADbOYz
05-07-2009, 07:49 PM
Hi there.

Performed a search, however a lot of stuff came up that wasn't relevant to the direct question.

I understand the 06 - 08 S2000's are drive by wire, however how responsive is the throttle? If it's anything like the Suzuki Swift Sport, which is about as responsive as Paris Hilton after a massive night, I'll be turned off greatly.

Thanks

JAP-S2K
05-07-2009, 08:15 PM
It's actually pretty good. however still not like cable throttle though. There's a slight delay between quick gearchanges.

OMG.JAI xD
05-07-2009, 08:42 PM
Run a ground wire directly from the -ve of the battery to some where on the throttle body (preferably not on a sensor bolt).

Itll bring up the response a touch. =]

WhiteAP1
07-07-2009, 03:16 PM
Hi there.

Performed a search, however a lot of stuff came up that wasn't relevant to the direct question.

I understand the 06 - 08 S2000's are drive by wire, however how responsive is the throttle? If it's anything like the Suzuki Swift Sport, which is about as responsive as Paris Hilton after a massive night, I'll be turned off greatly.

Thanks

If you intend to buy one theres a real simple solution, take one for a test drive. Everyone's gonna have a different opinion best to find out first hand. :thumbsup:

stndrd
07-07-2009, 04:14 PM
i highly agree with WhiteAP1. after driving many cars with fly-by wire (from all subaru modles -> euro cars) the 'lag' in each car is different. some cars you can feel it, some you cant. Then it is different again for each individual in each of the different cars. At the end of the day if you dont like the feel of the fly-by wire, by a s2k with cable =D

vtek
07-07-2009, 06:44 PM
You can improve it by purchashing a Buddy club item which is like $750, in saying that drive by wire is in most new cars so its not something the manufacturers are going to change any time soon for emission reasons. Every thing is going electronic...

AusS2000
07-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Is it a wire that goes from the -ve terminal of the battery to the throttle body with 'Buddy Club' printed on it?

vtek
08-07-2009, 07:06 PM
Its called the E-throttle booster, check this link

http://www.buddyclub.us/buddyclub/e_Throttle_Booster_HAC/e_Throttle_Booster.html