PDA

View Full Version : Car not starting properly + dying

da9_boy
06-07-2009, 08:37 PM
Hey guys

My LS integra B18a just recently today struggles to start and when it does dies after idling a bit rough.

I replaced the coil not long ago.. what else could it be.

I have new leads also

It just came back from a service so I'm dreading the mechanics did something while they replaced my rocker cover gasket..

I herd it could also be the igniter?

Anyone else had this problem.. cheers

vtesh
06-07-2009, 09:04 PM
Replacing the rocker cover gasket will have nothing to do with the car not starting and dying on you, unless of course the mechanic done something which i highly doubt they would do these sort of things these days,
you might as well invest in a multi metre anyways before you replacing all these parts, what if you replace the ignitor and it wasn't the ignitor your just wasting money.
Have you got a multi metre and checked your battery should be around at 13.1 -4 or something like that. Check your alternator, check your starter motor, also, if you replaced your leads might as well change your spark plugs if you havn't

da9_boy
06-07-2009, 10:01 PM
I herd it could be battery.. thing is it cranks over strong so it can't be a flat battery can it?

No multimetre but will get one tomorrow if possible

vtesh
06-07-2009, 10:45 PM
well if the car dies as soon as it starts, then its sign of alternator not charging the battery while the cars on, you will also need a multi metre to check this out, yuo say it could be, rather check it first and be sure, before you go ahead wasting money and replacing unnecessary parts

da9_boy
06-07-2009, 10:53 PM
good idea matey! how do you use the multimetre lolzzzz

vtesh
06-07-2009, 10:59 PM
lo lit's hard to explain over the net man, theres different options like using ohms and all that, and switching the red and black wires around, i know how to use it if its infront of me i cant explain to you how to use it haha sorry mate