PDA

View Full Version : VOTE NOW! - Photochop Competition #1 finalists!

wynode
07-11-2004, 08:18 PM
Hi all,

We have managed to go through all the entries and selected the best 10 images based on the criteria set out in the first thread.

The 10 best images are presented above (if you are viewing this from the mainpage, click the 'reply button' in order to vote/view the finalists).

Here are the instructions for voting: READ BEFORE VOTING!

- Click the tick box to the left of the image(s) you wish to vote for.
- You can vote ONLY once.
- You can vote for more than one image when you vote.
- The image with the most votes by midnight 8:30pm AEST 14 November 2004 will be declared the winner. The image with the second highest number of votes will be given second place, and so on.

Goodluck!

nedgeworth
07-11-2004, 08:25 PM
ummm win i'm not seein any images?

XXpl0Sive
07-11-2004, 08:57 PM
Yella convertible :)

newmski
07-11-2004, 09:05 PM
no.1 - nice work i like this one, however i think the wheels are angled wrong
no.2 - very nice. I voted for u on this one the only critisism is on the bumpers/skirts a little pixely
mr. convertable - good work but im not a fan of convertable sorry

A'PEXi
07-11-2004, 09:15 PM
no offence, some of the chops are pretty good, but some of them are done by newbies.... wheels/kits are on wrong angles, lighting/colours dont match, pics have been cut and pasted on without any adjustment :P

[AROUSN]
07-11-2004, 09:31 PM
Second one got my vote. Whats with the last one? 5 Stud wheels on the back, 4 Stud wheels on the front? Conversion funding cut short?

Dxs
07-11-2004, 09:43 PM
*Official protest!
I am just wondering why one of my entries is not in the top 10! The criteria for the chop was "Images will be judged based on originality/creativeness." and i believe my entries were the best candidates for the criteria issued! I dont see how typical photochops can be classed as 'orginal'. :thumbdwn:

Now keverns is gonna starve damn it! :eek:

JAP-EK9
07-11-2004, 09:47 PM
thakns guys for ur vote, those wheels r from my actaul civic, my 5 zigen inperios wop wop, why ruin such a mad car. if its honda gota b honda styled none of that micky mouse rice crap, el cheapo!!!

mine is the 2nd one!!! thanks for the votes aye aye keep em cummin!

z3lda
07-11-2004, 10:09 PM
wat is the criteria for the comp? i didnt read the first thread? should of told me. i would of use Paint. own all of j0oz

bumography
07-11-2004, 11:10 PM
what happened to my favourite red one!? :( and Caught in the act??

droneh22a
07-11-2004, 11:25 PM
:wave: Glad to see i made it

....except i thought my import tuner image was the better of my chops :(

JAP-EK9
07-11-2004, 11:35 PM
i liked the import tuner chop, i gave that 10!

toE
08-11-2004, 12:19 AM
wat is the criteria for the comp? i didnt read the first thread? should of told me. i would of use Paint. own all of j0oz
The terms and conditions were up on the site. A little bit of clicking around would have gotten you the "criteria" ;)

i liked the import tuner chop, i gave that 10!
That was of no use in our decision for the Top 10 ;)

JAP-EK9
08-11-2004, 01:10 AM
i take 10 steps back then hehehe

xKx_31
08-11-2004, 01:13 AM
thakns guys for ur vote, those wheels r from my actaul civic, my 5 zigen inperios wop wop, why ruin such a mad car. if its honda gota b honda styled none of that micky mouse rice crap, el cheapo!!!

mine is the 2nd one!!! thanks for the votes aye aye keep em cummin!

NICE!!! VERY NICE!!!!! :thumbsup:
Carbon hood?

xKx_31
08-11-2004, 01:16 AM
Anyone any idea where the pix on number six is taken?

Blends well into the background ...

The topless EG has two different types of rims .. is it intentional? Airbrush was superb!

JAP-EK9
08-11-2004, 01:55 AM
NICE!!! VERY NICE!!!!! :thumbsup:
Carbon hood?

on my car? yeh, on the chop well u cant see it but pretend it has one on it hehehehe

bumography
08-11-2004, 02:02 AM
the convertible reminds me of the bmw Z4

JAP-EK9
08-11-2004, 02:15 AM
i want another photoshop comp. got some crazy ideas already without a car to chop

mr_crust
08-11-2004, 07:44 AM
where is the one by Jnr_Mint that one there was crazy??

wkd_crx
08-11-2004, 07:47 AM
damn i'm too late to put my car in ..! :thumbdwn: but all the other car i seen is petty good for their 1st chop.! cheers :thumbsup:

BlacKEGPedroew
08-11-2004, 08:45 AM
Anyone any idea where the pix on number six is taken?

Blends well into the background ...

The topless EG has two different types of rims .. is it intentional? Airbrush was superb!

pretty sure that is a bridge in Melbourne, i dont use it because i can't afford city link :p

droneh22a
08-11-2004, 09:22 AM
Yep the front rim being a stocky was intentional, only prob is that i completely forgot about the stud pattern :p

And i'm not ashamed of the ricer tag its been given, afterall it was a photoshop competition and it was all in good fun. Just wanted to have a go at some crazy stuff, and see how much i could get away with before its started looking too fake. It doesnt have massive wings, or a crazy melted looking body kit with 50 air ducts, but i think it still gets that autosalon show car look. BTW i'd like to state right now that "i am not a ricer" :D To prove it, check my yellow JDM style civic doing the handbrake turn, and my bright green import tuner one back in the entry thread.

Well thanks to all the people who are voting for my chop, appreciate it :thumbsup:

C[H]aMeLeoN
08-11-2004, 01:08 PM
I liked my monster truck better. ahh well at least i got in. :)

KB
08-11-2004, 03:34 PM
aMeLeoN']I liked my monster truck better. ahh well at least i got in. :)

Yeh I like yours too!!

The images were supposed to be based on originality?

Your monster truck was original.
My "Caught in Act" was original.

I mean im not having a bitch cause I didn't get in, but theres a car there with nothing but a set of mags and no rear spoiler. Which about 8 people submitted the same thing. (i mean still good photochop) But original?

Anyway I Vote for Drone!

Savant
08-11-2004, 03:45 PM
Agreed. Most have mags a paintjob and different background. they are good, but need some diversity.

A monster truck would have been cool as! Or maybe a crash or... i dunno, that's why i didn't enter. but some different images would have been cool.

EuroAccord13
08-11-2004, 06:02 PM
I don't know if this a a comp that is supposed to be taken lightly or seriously No offence..

It's a good effort by those who have taken the time to chop this photo up but I feel you guys can do better. If it's about being serious and stuffs, leave the cartoons and montage on the foreground out, it draws attention away from the car. I can see some effort being done on some of the chops and I can see work that are not being done seriously and to be honest, I'm quite surprised that it made it to the finals list. Is it because there were too little entry or is it because they weren't enough good ones?

I don't wished to be flamed for this but because of what I do, I am rather particular when it comes to photochopping stuffs. It's just my advice... Time is not of the essence in photochopping, sometimes, simple ones without going overboard makes a very good chop, it's about making it real without being overly done...

The Sponsers are giving out good prizes for the comp and you guys must work hard for it :) ...

I hope to see more effort in the next comp if there will be one..

CHEERS

wynode
08-11-2004, 07:46 PM
To be honest, I also expected some better entries but some people submitted photos just for the sake of it. There were a few really goods ones, but the rest of them were pretty average.

In regards to people complaining that their images were not selected although they were original I have this to say to you. Sure your image may be 'original' but the effort put into making the image look decent/professional was absolutely minimal. Being orginaly is one thing, making it look decent (and not like some 3 year old kid had edited it) is a different story.

Maybe the next competition will have even more good entries :)

Ok so lets just keep the replies related to this competition thanks.

-Win

Spoon-Accord
09-11-2004, 08:00 AM
i am with dan.. dan made a nice one..
was funny. original and alwayz creative!!

come on guys..

Ken

Jnr_Mint
09-11-2004, 08:09 AM
yeah thats mr_crust

seriously man thats rigged, in that entire top 10 i see about 3 which look actually look good

in the criteria it say something must be original, and out of all them i see about 2 which contain something original

and another thing i was under the impression that the car needed to be transformed not the background... coz its seems to me the only ones who got through were ones which modifed the background

mojo the flashy monkey
09-11-2004, 11:21 AM
hey my 3yr old kid chop was good its a conspiracy i recon that they thort oweres were 2 good thats y they didnt poot them in. :D

chunsa
09-11-2004, 12:03 PM
:( mine didnt make it to top 10

i dunno wat u mean by effort but i put in at least 5 hours into my chop :confused: i dunno wat u guyz were judging whether it was a quick background swap ? i thought photochopping was transforming the car whilst making it still look real x.X i was goin for a simple clean look ><

if i knew that wasnt the case i would have gone cartooning the car into a rice machine :/

im not saying that some of the top 10 deserve to be there but wat i would like to kno was wat was ur selection criteria? originality? then shouldnt that caught in the act and monster truck like stated before be in the top? what do u mean by originality x.x

muli
09-11-2004, 07:41 PM
no offence, some of the chops are pretty good, but some of them are done by newbies.... wheels/kits are on wrong angles, lighting/colours dont match, pics have been cut and pasted on without any adjustment :P

i was just wondering same thing but i read it all wrong the whole time, i thought it was photocomp but photochop :confused:

droneh22a
17-11-2004, 01:14 PM
i am teh winner :wave:

JAP-EK9
17-11-2004, 07:07 PM
weEeEe im happy with silver!

fully sick larger pm box LOL

COPTZA
18-11-2004, 10:01 AM
Man those cars are insane!!!!! Glad I didn't enter would of been cained

wynode
18-11-2004, 06:11 PM
Ahh sorry guys/girls. I will get in contact with and announce and organise prizes for the winners by this weekend! :)

toE
19-11-2004, 12:25 AM
gd work to the winners. :thumbsup:

wynode
19-11-2004, 04:43 PM
Results here (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12202)!