PDA

View Full Version : S2000 greddy turbo kit issues?

WAN33Y
08-07-2009, 10:52 PM
Hi i am new to ozhonda but have had my S2K since late 2006.
I recently bought a greddy turbo kit from the US.
I got it installed and the turbo part works prefectly fine but i am getting no power in the VTEC band. Basically i am driving around with turbo boost till about 5500 -6000rpm and then when the vtec should come strong i am getting no power. I dynoed my car before turbo kit and i got 144.6kw on the rear wheels. After turbo kit installed i got 154.3. The dyno guy said it was pinging in the range where the vtec should come strong.

I was wondering if the possible issues is the stock ecu as different to the US ecu?

or the e-manage ultimate which maybe tuned to the US ecu?

I was hoping for some helpful info before i actually go get the e-manage tuned.

mr_vtec
08-07-2009, 11:05 PM
im not sure at all but maybe injectors?

if not go to s2ki.com
and post there you will get an answer st8 away

Rai-C
08-07-2009, 11:22 PM
yeah man, um this is an introduction part of the forum.. maybe post your questions somewhere more appropriate?

vtesh
09-07-2009, 12:48 AM
i think i know who installed it for you, someone in parra aye? and his indian?

s2kadl
09-07-2009, 08:04 PM
The log manifold and small turbo+downpipe is really restrictive and causes the vtec drop in power, raise vtec to around 7400rpms and you should be good to go. Also get yourself a free flowing exhaust 3"

vtesh
09-07-2009, 11:44 PM
lol nah man, don't service my car there, my mate who works there was telling me how he done the install on the the s2k
yeah do you know the guy? Do you service your car there?

s2kadl
10-07-2009, 08:29 AM
From memory, after I installed a 3" single exhaust and was tuned I made about 80hp from stock

Then i switched to AEM EMS and also upped boost to 12psi and made about 104hp from stock

Then I got bigger injectors, ran E85 fuel and upped boost to 14psi and made 132hp from stock

Then I switch out the greddy turbo for a GT3076R-WG and made 172hp from stock

Ive had a new bell mouth downpipe and will get dynoed today to see if there are any gains.

If you are just running the base kit with stock exhaust you should make about 50-60hp

VTi_b0i
19-07-2009, 11:01 AM
i was following you down horsley drive and cumberland hwy yesterday lol i tried to catch u but i kept getting every fcuking red light lol
u got stock exhaust?

TODA AU
19-07-2009, 09:10 PM
You came to us with your problem....
A problem you created & were party too... Not the other way around...
When you have someone else strap together a complete pile of shit that only pushes 125kw at the wheels. (Not 150+ you're dreaming)
You have a real hide blaming someone else for your issues.
We explained your problem to you...
That is your cat/exhaust is ****ed & your emanage is locked.
We offered you a fix, but you didn't want that...
You prefered to leave it the way it is...
we charged you $50 for wasting an hour & a half of our time.
-1 rep point for you.

aaronng
19-07-2009, 09:41 PM
I got it installed and the turbo part works prefectly fine but i am getting no power in the VTEC band. Basically i am driving around with turbo boost till about 5500 -6000rpm and then when the vtec should come strong i am getting no power. I dynoed my car before turbo kit and i got 144.6kw on the rear wheels. After turbo kit installed i got 154.3. The dyno guy said it was pinging in the range where the vtec should come strong.

I was wondering if the possible issues is the stock ecu as different to the US ecu?

Let me get this right, you installed the turbo kit, and got an e-manage ultimate installed but not tuned locally for your car? So the map in the e-manage is not for your car and setup?

Another question, have you replaced your MAP sensor to a 3 bar unit or similar when you installed the turbo kit?

Both are not good, especially if you are running anything more than 1 bar total intake manifold pressure.

aaronng
19-07-2009, 09:50 PM
Moved this to the forced induction section.

FastFwd
28-07-2009, 05:39 PM
Sounds like Map sensor issue...ive had to detune my eg to 10psi atm because anything over that once it hits vtec is just craps itself. I didnt know what the issue was either until i got some help from some guys on here and realised i never replaced my Stock map sensor and it only reads around 9.5-10.5. Not to sure if its the same in the S2000 but sounds like the same issue.

flipstar
28-07-2009, 09:39 PM
more info needed

are you running stock exhaust
have up upgraded your fuel pump/injectors
boost levels? is it tuned to your car
have you upgraded your map sensor or are you running the reducer?

see i had issues with my kit but it was just a faulty knock sensor does your engine light come on?
my car when i boost and vtec it dont sound as mean as it used to but apparently i heard that its because of the manifold being to restrictive

OEMFTW
28-07-2009, 11:42 PM
mate, what if he just wanted it to be diagnosed you got your 50$ your not happy because his not continuing on using you and your service,,, he can always go somewhere else, maybe he just wanted you to diagnose it
You came to us with your problem....
A problem you created & were party too... Not the other way around...
When you have someone else strap together a complete pile of shit that only pushes 125kw at the wheels. (Not 150+ you're dreaming)
You have a real hide blaming someone else for your issues.
We explained your problem to you...
That is your cat/exhaust is ****ed & your emanage is locked.
We offered you a fix, but you didn't want that...
You prefered to leave it the way it is...
we charged you $50 for wasting an hour & a half of our time.
-1 rep point for you.

7ypeR
29-07-2009, 01:42 AM
What Toda is saying is that the car has already been diagnosed for the main problem/s so why come on here and waste his (and others) time.

Also $50 for 1.5hrs of engine diagnosing (maybe even dynoing) is d*ck all. Most mechanics charge between $65-$80 PER hour.

NVD52K
29-07-2009, 08:51 AM
people in the states run a BERK high flow cat since the greddy kit will not run safely with a Test pipe, and the OEM cat robs some power up top

zco
29-07-2009, 10:13 AM
What Toda is saying is that the car has already been diagnosed for the main problem/s so why come on here and waste his (and others) time.

Also $50 for 1.5hrs of engine diagnosing (maybe even dynoing) is d*ck all. Most mechanics charge between $65-$80 PER hour.
try $110/hour

na-118
30-07-2009, 12:14 AM
lol $110 an hour who are you giong to ?

zco
30-07-2009, 12:28 AM
i dont go to anyone, asif im that dumb to pay 110 per hour when my mate is a mechanic. LOL

but workshops are charging 110 per hour. honda charges that too. rediculous

yourfather
30-07-2009, 12:36 AM
mate, what if he just wanted it to be diagnosed you got your 50$ your not happy because his not continuing on using you and your service,,, he can always go somewhere else, maybe he just wanted you to diagnose it

hey noob, before you open your mouth do some reading first.

TODA is well respected tuner on here, he has paid his dues. The problem has been diagnosed and the guy comes on here asking for free advice.

He knows what the problem is, it has been diagnosed. A cheap $50 test.

Considering he spent $3,000+ on the Greddy kit you'd think another pineapple isnt going to hurt.

Of course the dude can always go someone else - that's the point of competition and the free market.

But just because you can take your shit to another place doesn't mean that you'll get the same treatment.

OEMFTW
30-07-2009, 10:45 PM
what if his worried that the last mechanic that diagnosed found the wrong fault? can he at least ask for second advice?

yourfather
31-07-2009, 12:47 AM
If TODA AU has misdiagnosed the issue, then we might as well accidentally an hero the whole universe

aaronng
31-07-2009, 08:16 AM
what if his worried that the last mechanic that diagnosed found the wrong fault? can he at least ask for second advice?

If he wants a second opinion, then he should go to another mechanic to get a second opinion. Not badmouth someone on the forum.

FastFwd
31-07-2009, 12:51 PM
If he wants a second opinion, then he should go to another mechanic to get a second opinion. Not badmouth someone on the forum.

I cant see anywhere that he has bad mouthed someone unless it was deleted in the posts in page one. So for us people who cant read the deleted threads in page 1...we dont know that he bad mouthed someone. If i knew that i wouldnt have helped him. Maybe next time please put more detail into the reason the reply was removed so i know. Is that fair?

aaronng
31-07-2009, 02:27 PM
I cant see anywhere that he has bad mouthed someone unless it was deleted in the posts in page one. So for us people who cant read the deleted threads in page 1...we dont know that he bad mouthed someone. If i knew that i wouldnt have helped him. Maybe next time please put more detail into the reason the reply was removed so i know. Is that fair?

It was in the other thread. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115657&page=2

FastFwd
31-07-2009, 06:10 PM
It was in the other thread. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115657&page=2

Ahh ok not so confused now...

Killa From Manila
31-07-2009, 07:02 PM
what happened is his got a shit setup on his car, he brought it to toda to get it diagnosed. they told him the problem, charged him a petty $50 for all their work, then he comes on the forum and badmouths them. and stil wonders y hsi car is fked

Lukezen27
02-08-2009, 11:46 AM
Reply removed

I didn't realize Adrian has already worked out the problem and the customer didn't like the answer lol

Limbo
02-08-2009, 08:53 PM
all i can say is research the stuff you buy. Everything can be had at a price, and if you've run cheap on a product and it doesn't do what you want then its no-one's fault but your own.

There is a reason why some kits are cheap and some cost alot more

03-08-2009, 01:56 AM
turbo on budget... el cheapo :p

Slaz
03-08-2009, 10:30 PM
yes it does amaze when people spend as little as they can and get people who have no idea to fit and tune the car, then wonder why its not a world beater, go figure. :eek:

FastFwd
04-08-2009, 11:00 AM
I wonder if this guy reregisteres another account under the same name? or if he just doesnt come back at all.

probably at hondatech getting told the same things.

WAN33Y
09-11-2009, 07:22 AM
FYI, running 6.5 PSI my car dynoed 182.6kw atw after being tuned.

Lukezen27
09-11-2009, 07:25 AM
FYI, running 6.5 PSI my car dynoed 182.6kw atw after being tuned.
Sweet

So that's about a 20kw gain?

EK1.6LCIV
09-11-2009, 07:35 AM

the kit I drove with in the USA delivered power bloody excellent for the little money it cost a mate over there, fantastic bit of gear

I think you should go thro everything and see where you stuffed it up as it's pretty full proof

here's a pic of it installed in my buddy's car

Lukezen27
09-11-2009, 11:05 AM
Its about 38kw or 51 hp gain at very safe boost

Sweet :)

You'll have to come to the Creek with us :thumbsup:

Nepolian
09-11-2009, 11:58 AM
:rolleyes: Magic happens when you tune your car...

Lukezen27
09-11-2009, 06:02 PM
:rolleyes: Magic happens when you tune your car...

Ben and I are going Wed George :)

You should come