PDA

View Full Version : Hid's

typesss
09-07-2009, 03:29 PM
Hi Guys,

I am thinking to get some HID's for my DC5S and i was wondering what are some brands/odels out there that are reliable and most importantly that will fit my car.

Thanks!

EK1.6LCIV
09-07-2009, 03:32 PM
anything actually made in japan would work
steer clear of ebay

better still, save urself some money for something more worthwhile that wont:

1. get u defected (and the way defect laws are evolving, a court summons)
2. blind ppl as theyre not designed to be used in your type of headlight housing
3. 9/10 the ballasts die as unlike the BMWs and other proper cars whos headlights cost several thousand dollars, little to no research has gone into the kits forsale to the lower end market

OMG.JAI xD
09-07-2009, 06:02 PM
I bought my HIDs from ebay.
1 year and still going strong (though they are supposed to last very..very long).

Youll need projector headlights to not blind people coming towards you.
And the last time i checked. The dc5 doesnt have a projector.

Without a projector headlight, it does do its job in being brighter. But really, its like having high beam on all the time, just not a yellow colour.

ebay kit costed me 150 with 2 years warranty.

4age8u
09-07-2009, 09:23 PM
anything actually made in japan would work
steer clear of ebay

better still, save urself some money for something more worthwhile that wont:

1. get u defected (and the way defect laws are evolving, a court summons)
2. blind ppl as theyre not designed to be used in your type of headlight housing
3. 9/10 the ballasts die as unlike the BMWs and other proper cars whos headlights cost several thousand dollars, little to no research has gone into the kits forsale to the lower end market

dont know what your on about ebay kits are good had mine now for over 2years..with 5 year warranty been pulled over over a dozen times and said nothing about them.,..i just pointed them down abit so i dont blind people and get 6000k lol and dc5 i think has projector factory

TypeS
09-07-2009, 09:29 PM
You need to do a retrofit, that is put accord or bmw projectors into your type S headlights. Then use proper HID bulbs for the projectors. I'm gonna do mine this weekend!

EK1.6LCIV
10-07-2009, 07:21 AM
well I used my HIDs daily for a 3 month period and countless kits like them are a waste of money to the consumer
would love to see an ebay warranty go thro to be completely honest lol
seriously u want ppl in traffic thinking ur a twat for having stupidly bright gay lights lol

Manabir
10-07-2009, 07:41 AM
i have been using a hid kit from ebay ($80 inc shipping) for 1.5 years with no problems.
but i am running projectors...cant fcuking stand selfish arsehole who use hid in reflectors...fcuking blinding!
hid in reflectors: (the light is scattering everywhere...hitting a 3rd story window!)
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y82/Manabir/Dscf3921.jpg

hid in projectors: (nice crisp cutoff...no blinding other motorists potentially causing accidents)
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y82/Manabir/P8180073.jpg

mattchuej8
10-07-2009, 08:24 AM
Those are very helpful photos ^
for on coming traffic.. hid + reflector type headlights = ohh wtf blindzor. ><

eBays kits do go alright from what i have seen, a few of my mates use them and its been about a year or so and they are still working.
Other then that if you do go forward with the HID you will make your car stand out to cops especially if you blind them. 8000K ftw.

typeS__
13-07-2009, 04:19 PM
You need to do a retrofit, that is put accord or bmw projectors into your type S headlights. Then use proper HID bulbs for the projectors. I'm gonna do mine this weekend!

Hey where did you get your projectors from??