PDA

View Full Version : avantgarde amp problem

redefine
09-07-2009, 11:07 PM
hey guys.

i recently picked up an avantgarde amp. competition series. 43dxi.

it has 4x200W on the base, but its really 4x67W RMS at 4ohms, or so i read.

anyway. its got this problem, if i only connect power, and input, it seems to work fine. LED power light goes on and everything. but when i connect my 4ohm speakers, it suddenly kicks into protection mode. i know its not the speakers, cause i have the speakers in my car, and theyre running fine.

anyone know what the problem could be??

shoppingsecure
10-07-2009, 05:34 PM
Are you sure you are connecting them EXACTLY how the manual of the amplifier suggests?

redefine
10-07-2009, 06:48 PM
how hard can it be?? i've got pos to pos and neg to neg on the speakers. i dont have the manual though

tron07
16-07-2009, 08:50 AM
did you ground the amp?

hectic_filo
16-07-2009, 10:20 AM
did you ground the amp?

the amp will not work if the ground cable is not grounded.. lol,

I learn my lesson.. the other time my amp just stop working check all cables, and my ground cable that was screwed in my chassis was loose...

hectic_filo
16-07-2009, 10:22 AM
hey guys.

i recently picked up an avantgarde amp. competition series. 43dxi.

it has 4x200W on the base, but its really 4x67W RMS at 4ohms, or so i read.

anyway. its got this problem, if i only connect power, and input, it seems to work fine. LED power light goes on and everything. but when i connect my 4ohm speakers, it suddenly kicks into protection mode. i know its not the speakers, cause i have the speakers in my car, and theyre running fine.

anyone know what the problem could be??

how bout the speaker cable of you speakers.. are they ok? coz i experience this but not in a car amp, my mini component in my garage, i check the speaker cable it looks screwed, i replace it, its working ok again..

redefine
16-07-2009, 12:47 PM
yeah, i grounded it.

how bout the speaker cable of you speakers.. are they ok? coz i experience this but not in a car amp, my mini component in my garage, i check the speaker cable it looks screwed, i replace it, its working ok again..

hmm, maybe. the speaker cables LOOK ok from the outside, and they came with the speakers when i brought them...

i'll try different cable, just incase...

hectic_filo
16-07-2009, 05:14 PM
yeah, i grounded it.

hmm, maybe. the speaker cables LOOK ok from the outside, and they came with the speakers when i brought them...

i'll try different cable, just incase...

let us know what happen after the cable replace. check the soldering in the back of the cone of the speaker maybe loosen aswell..