PDA

View Full Version : NEED help, to low my s2000

mikoZ
12-07-2009, 04:17 PM
hi ppl,

i m new to s2000, just get my s2000 ap1 month ago and have a set TEIN TYRE RS sitting in my garage, ready to install and get my car lower abt 20mm-25mm.

i did bit resarch and reading on both Ozhonda and S2KI, seems a lot of ppl reckon a "drive shaft spacer" to a lower s2000, and seems a "roll center adjuster" can correct carroll back close to stock. Then more research i found a drive shaft spacer not really solve the problem and just extend the life of bucket by a movement. and i can not find much info how a roll center adjuster help lower s2k's handling

okay, what i want to ask and to know: any one here lowed ur s2000, what other relevant mods you have to keep ur S good use for a long term and also with a better handling. if you have a spacer or RCA on ur lower s2000, how it feel and how it help.

thx for reading my words, and any input be appreciated

JAP-S2K
12-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Hi Miko,

I have one that's got coilovers and driveshaft spacers, i also have a few mates with S2k's all lowered on different brands of coilovers, Bilstein, Tein, Buddy Club, and Zeal(also uses J's rollcentre adjuster, i think 20mm)

Depending on what you are out to achieve with yours? Daily driver and rarely see a track day, or weekender and see's track frequently?

There are plenty of good coilovers that are available that are rubbish for everyday use, so my point being, you don't want to install a track type coilover for an everyday streeter as you'll shake yourself to death and destroy the valves in the coilovers.

Drive shaft spacers are not required when lowering your car, they help to solve a common vibration S2K's get, lowered S2K's get this vibration sooner, anyway check other threads on that one.

As for roll centre adjustment, this is quite technical, and it really should be setup but a good suspension tech that understands how to determine where your roll centre will be. There are alot of variables that need to be considered and no 2 cars are the same. As for example mine sits 25mm lower than factory, yours sits 30mm, your roll centre is would be in a different position to mine, even dialing camber will make a slight change. I know J's Racing have a few different options with these adjustments. Providing you follow what they instruct, it will have a positive effect.
These do have i negative effect though, when the suspension compresses under load, you end up increasing camber to wheel, which reduces the area of tyre/road contact.

IMO install your coilovers, and see from there, it's hard to determine if a mod has actually made an improvment. IMO hold off on the roll centre adjuster for now.

mikoZ
12-07-2009, 07:55 PM
Hi Miko,

I have one that's got coilovers and driveshaft spacers, i also have a few mates with S2k's all lowered on different brands of coilovers, Bilstein, Tein, Buddy Club, and Zeal(also uses J's rollcentre adjuster, i think 20mm)

Depending on what you are out to achieve with yours? Daily driver and rarely see a track day, or weekender and see's track frequently?

There are plenty of good coilovers that are available that are rubbish for everyday use, so my point being, you don't want to install a track type coilover for an everyday streeter as you'll shake yourself to death and destroy the valves in the coilovers.

Drive shaft spacers are not required when lowering your car, they help to solve a common vibration S2K's get, lowered S2K's get this vibration sooner, anyway check other threads on that one.

As for roll centre adjustment, this is quite technical, and it really should be setup but a good suspension tech that understands how to determine where your roll centre will be. There are alot of variables that need to be considered and no 2 cars are the same. As for example mine sits 25mm lower than factory, yours sits 30mm, your roll centre is would be in a different position to mine, even dialing camber will make a slight change. I know J's Racing have a few different options with these adjustments. Providing you follow what they instruct, it will have a positive effect.
These do have i negative effect though, when the suspension compresses under load, you end up increasing camber to wheel, which reduces the area of tyre/road contact.

IMO install your coilovers, and see from there, it's hard to determine if a mod has actually made an improvment. IMO hold off on the roll centre adjuster for now.

thx for your great input JAP-S2K

my s2000 mainly for daily driving and sum track like once in two months
but a hardcore daily drive car will be welcomed,lol

i m plan to get T1R Drive shaft spacer as sum shop doing cheaper instock
and once bucket wear out, put it on. whick like a cheap insurance,lol

abt the RCA,firstly i ll c how s the car going after i put the coilover in.

vyets
12-07-2009, 09:08 PM
tein rs don't go that low so i dont really need it, but its good for peace of mind.

mikoZ
12-07-2009, 09:15 PM
tein rs don't go that low so i dont really need it, but its good for peace of mind.

so you have the tein typr RS as well, how low this setup can go to

vyets
12-07-2009, 09:34 PM
u will have about 1 fat finger gap at the rear and abit less then 1 finger gap at the front. thats on a 17" rim. U will have less wheel gap with bigger wheels :)

mikoZ
12-07-2009, 09:48 PM
thx for ur input, help alot

ChromZ
13-07-2009, 10:52 AM
i too agree with Vyets,
i also run the RS and i track the car. no issues, although my car sits slightly higher than Vyets.