PDA

View Full Version : Anyone put ABS into an EG?

VTi_b0i
12-07-2009, 07:31 PM
hey all,
I was just wondering, if anyone has tried to put the ABS from a DC2R or any other honda for that matter into an EG?
just curious to see if it can be done because i think it would be worth while on my eg as im making quite alot of power...

bennjamin
12-07-2009, 07:34 PM
can be done at a large expense.
More power get better brakes pads tyres.

VTi_b0i
12-07-2009, 07:36 PM
thanks for that Ben, but why should it cost so much? if i got 5lug conversion, with dc2r MC+BB couldnt it be fairly easy to add the abs?

90LAN
12-07-2009, 07:56 PM
it can be done
if you find a eg6/ eg9 sir 95 model
that had abs and traction control
odds of finding a working complete abs kit will be zero

SHOGUNOVDDRK
12-07-2009, 07:59 PM
Ok.

So, for argument sake (not that I give a shit about the topic at hand)

Its not all that possible to use something from a EK or above and adapting it to the EG shell without...lets say selling your soul to the devil?

Just for argument sake.

fatboyz39
12-07-2009, 08:02 PM
Why does power gotta do anything with brakes?

OEMFTW
12-07-2009, 11:19 PM
without brakes hows your car going to stop?
Why does power gotta do anything with brakes?

fatboyz39
13-07-2009, 08:15 AM

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Benson
13-07-2009, 08:19 AM

Well, if your a reasonable driver on the streets you dont need bigger brakes. Upgrades to brake pads, rotors and BB/MC is more than enough for the streets

If your planning on doing circuit racing, then thats a different story

ECU-MAN
13-07-2009, 09:18 AM
if you know how to wire up cars and read schematics then its not that much of an impossible job.

you need all the ABS parts and you may have to make some custom brake lines int he engine bay.

JasonGilholme
13-07-2009, 10:00 AM
why don't you buy a car that has ABS and swap all the parts over.

Some EG have ABS as stated, DC integras with ABS should fit up, and Del Sols all have ABS and it will bolt straight up as well. Could use the same lines and everything, possibly have to find a different place to mount the computer though, as it varies from chassis to chassis. If you got it from a matching chassis though it would work fine.

anster
19-07-2009, 04:45 PM
im not sure about honda's, but i think abs is also in the diff if im not correct.
because i recently got my diff changed, and i had to source out a diff with abs in it.
i own a 1996 180SX andthey come with abs.

90LAN
19-07-2009, 05:15 PM
im not sure about honda's, but i think abs is also in the diff if im not correct.
because i recently got my diff changed, and i had to source out a diff with abs in it.
i own a 1996 180SX andthey come with abs.

hahahaha
civics dont have rear diffs
hondas have abs sensors only on the hubs

maybe on sr20 vtecs

JasonGilholme
19-07-2009, 05:50 PM
hahahaha
civics dont have rear diffs
hondas have abs sensors only on the hubs

maybe on sr20 vtecs

haha lan your a shit stirrer :thumbsup::thumbsup:

As he said though, all the sensors are at the hubs and the computer is in the rear of the car.

The master cylinder goes to the modulator (in the engine bay) and then all the brake lines go to their respective hubs.

Its not impossible to do but it would take a descent sized parts list, thats why i suggested taking it from a doner car, that way you know it works and you have all the parts needed.

90LAN
19-07-2009, 06:05 PM
[QUOTE=JasonGilholme;2359707]haha lan your a shit stirrer :thumbsup::thumbsup:

As he said though, all the sensors are at the hubs and the computer is in the rear of the car.

abs ecus are at the front of the car too
last time i checked jase lol

yah mum
19-07-2009, 07:32 PM
1000hp civic will stop the same time as a 100hp civic?

unless your accelerating and braking at the same time lol?

JasonGilholme
19-07-2009, 09:43 PM
[QUOTE=JasonGilholme;2359707]haha lan your a shit stirrer :thumbsup::thumbsup:

abs ecus are at the front of the car too
last time i checked jase lol

just going off my car the comp is in the rear. I haven't seen any ABS gear under the dash in my sol. Just a fuse box and the modulator in the front end from what i've found (nothing else was left when i had the dash out).

Must be some differences between setups from chassis to chassis then.

Only other ECU style things i found in the front were for the SRS and the Engine Ecu.