PDA

View Full Version : Timing Belt Change and Big Service for 100k

huamengus
13-07-2009, 10:53 AM
New to OzHonda

Just wondering could anyone recommend a mechanic for me, please? coz, I have nearly approached 100K and I was advised to change the timing belt as well as a major big service. I had a quota from Honda Dearler which cost me $1500. so expensive which I cannot afford. By the way I am in SYDNEY.

Thanks
Cheers

akira
13-07-2009, 11:47 AM
$1500 for a major service and timing belt change?! that's a rip off
Although I'm in melb, that only costs me $700 altogether. Have you tried asking other honda dealers?

kriZy
13-07-2009, 11:57 AM
Hey dude,

Ask for a quote here:

Hannys Performance CentreSuite 3, 28 Victoria St,
Smithfield, NSW 2164 Phone: (02) 9725 5115

They do Major services and have a great rep with Honda's. (Ask other OZH members if you don't believe me)

After you've asked for a quote. Let us know how much you got quoted ;)

OEMFTW
14-07-2009, 01:32 AM
PM SENT ON MECHANIC RECOMMENDATIONS<<<<<<

100,000kms service is called a major service anyways,,, just to let you know,,,,
well it's obvious why the price you got quoted for was $1500 obviously there going to be using "OEM" parts. but i don't know what they do in their major service, all workshops do major services differently, though honda goes through manufacturers specifications,,,
not to put hannys down or anything,,, but they don't completely do a major service how it's suppose to be done like Honda, yeah they might change timing belt,,,, but do they change the tensioner, cam seals water pump etc???

i've had bad experience with hannys,,,, don't get upset cause i've had bad experience, cause someone will say something,,,, and just because one of you's might have had the best service there,,,, doesn't mean every customer leaves happy,,,

if your going all aftermarket parts, you looking at 200$ plus roughly 7-8 hours of labour,,, including gst,,, give or take,,, and workshops usually charge 88 an hour or so,,,

KRIZY if your interested in a quote or a price on a major service can't you just call them up for yourself,,,, various model and makes of cars varies on the price of the major service, there won't be set prices, it's like doing one on a mercedes and a honda, it's different, so i recommend you call them for your own car,,,,,

burner42
14-07-2009, 02:05 AM
what do they normally do with the major service?

EK1.6LCIV
14-07-2009, 09:56 AM
well they will change with a new:
timing belt $60
cam and crank seal(s) (pending on engine) $34
tension pulley $120
power steering fluid
valve cover gasket
water pump $140+
oil
oil filter
air filter
fuel filter

just depends really I what has been done

when I did mine I knew the j***s at the dealer ship do charge alot (they good bloody parts, yes they cost good money, what did u expect lol)

I bought a kit from ebay for $140 shipped which consisted of:
water pump (oem manufactured)
timing belt (oem spec)
seals (cam and crank) (usa honda seals)
tension pulley (oem spec)

then paid $400 for the service which needed power steering fluid as well

as I already changed:
transmission fluid
fuel filter
oil
oil filter

but more than $1400 at Honda is a bit rich as its no more than 4.5hrs of work at best

Bludger
14-07-2009, 10:36 AM
who the hell is OEM FTW, sounds sus this girl

EK1.6LCIV
14-07-2009, 10:45 AM
pretty awesome name tbch :)

huamengus
14-07-2009, 10:53 AM
Thanks everyone. I got a little bit confused.

I had a ring Hannys and got the quote. They charge me $180 for Timing belt and altogether $500 for a major service and timing belt with an option of $120 for water pump. I forgot to ask them whether all the parts are from Honda or not.

Does it sound reasonable?

Thanks again, Guys

EK1.6LCIV
14-07-2009, 11:11 AM
do that, its sounds very cheap to me :)
alot cheaper than Brissy prices, like everything else down south of the border :)

altong0840
14-07-2009, 11:14 AM
700 i think is a fair price~ i live in SA~

usually timing belt, water pump, seal and fuilds changes will be done

OEMFTW
14-07-2009, 11:20 AM
If his not going genuine,,,, shoot me a pm,,,, and i will do a way cheaper price,,,, on water pump, timing belt, tensioner,
Thanks everyone. I got a little bit confused.

I had a ring Hannys and got the quote. They charge me $180 for Timing belt and altogether $500 for a major service and timing belt with an option of $120 for water pump. I forgot to ask them whether all the parts are from Honda or not.

Does it sound reasonable?

Thanks again, Guys

jords
14-07-2009, 11:29 AM
any oem honda parts?

EK1.6LCIV
14-07-2009, 11:42 AM
seals theyll always use oem
but u can get away with non-oem belt, tensioner pulley and pump as theyre easily replicated to the same spec

moogle
14-07-2009, 12:01 PM
timing belt $60
tension pulley $120
power steering fluid
valve cover gasket
water pump $140+
oil
oil filter
air filter
fuel filter

when I did mine I knew the j***s at the dealer ship do charge alot (they good bloody parts, yes they cost good money, what did u expect lol)

timing belt (oem spec)

as I already changed:
transmission fluid
fuel filter
oil
oil filter

but more than $1400 at Honda is a bit rich as its no more than 4.5hrs of work at best

hello where did you get your 100,000 km service? im due for my 200,000 km service *sigh* is there any good, affordable and cheap services in brisbane?

EK1.6LCIV
14-07-2009, 12:05 PM
hello where did you get your 100,000 km service? im due for my 200,000 km service *sigh* is there any good, affordable and cheap services in brisbane?

I have a good mech just in eagle farm worth a call
ethier him or Honda in the Gabba :)

pm sent

outatime
14-07-2009, 12:39 PM
i've had bad experience with hannys,,,, don't get upset cause i've had bad experience, cause someone will say something,,,, and just because one of you's might have had the best service there,,,, doesn't mean every customer leaves happy,,,

lol pm sent

pzr
14-07-2009, 12:43 PM
I'm going to check out Honda care at Sumner park. Heard good reviews about them. Just picked up an EK and needs it 100k done. I'll let you know how much they charge.

EDIT: Just got a quote this afternoon. The guy there said it would cost 430 for my 100k service which includes cam belt, timing belt and then the usual oil filters, transmission fluid etc. Nice and friendly easy to deal will get it done on Monday.

jks24
14-07-2009, 03:16 PM
from memory i got a 100k service and timing belt done on my ek when i first purchased it two years ago. I think i was charged around $600 back then and that was at a honda dealer. Prob would cost more now though

Raztaz
15-07-2009, 11:19 AM
i had timing/cam belts, water pump and valve clearances/tappet adjustment done for $400 at my 100K kms, duno if this helps lol

outatime
15-07-2009, 12:48 PM
i had timing/cam belts, water pump and valve clearances/tappet adjustment done for $400 at my 100K kms, duno if this helps lol

which mechanic is this??

Raztaz
15-07-2009, 12:57 PM
it was at AK, one of the traders on here

hectic_filo
16-07-2009, 05:56 PM
timing belt $60
tension pulley $120
power steering fluid
valve cover gasket
water pump $140+
oil
oil filter
air filter
fuel filter

timing belt (oem spec)

as I already changed:
transmission fluid
fuel filter
oil
oil filter

so transmission fluid change doesnt include in the major service?

Bludger
16-07-2009, 06:34 PM
I think, don't quote me, tranny fluid is either 20k or 40k, one of the two, can't remember.

lol

I was no help

hectic_filo
16-07-2009, 10:37 PM
I think, don't quote me, tranny fluid is either 20k or 40k, one of the two, can't remember.

lol

I was no help

I got mine service it cost me $150 its says every 40K wat i was saying is in that quote from honda dealer is trans fluid change included or not?

seems like its not..

Bludger
16-07-2009, 10:47 PM
I got mine service it cost me $150 its says every 40K wat i was saying is in that quote from honda dealer is trans fluid change included or not?

seems like its not..So transmission fluid change is every 40k

It would not be included at the major 100k.

It would be done 40k, 80k, 120k, so on and so forth....

EK1.6LCIV
17-07-2009, 08:57 AM
you should do it every 40k if you ethier, drive hard, tow or are stuck in heavy traffic or drive in the snow... lol

normally it says to do it every 120,000ks in my manual, which I think is a croc of shiz lol

kriZy
28-07-2009, 11:08 AM
KRIZY if your interested in a quote or a price on a major service can't you just call them up for yourself,,,, various model and makes of cars varies on the price of the major service, there won't be set prices, it's like doing one on a mercedes and a honda, it's different, so i recommend you call them for your own car,,,,,

Thanks, but i was asking so other people on this thread that own the exact same cars as this thread starter would have a rough idea of what they would be spending.