PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on exhaust related stuff.

kcokla
13-07-2009, 05:22 PM
hello again ozhonda!
before i begin, let me state that my knowledge on exhaust stuff is very limited hence why ive made a thread hoping for experienced people's imput,

im driving a d series eg right now,with stock exhaust muffler etc etc and frankly couldnt care less, however ive got a exhaust leak, in the pipe that is between the exhaust and the muffler ( whats this called ?) and,

i can weld over it for around $40 and fixed
or i can pay $300 for a brand new (not oem) pipe to replace the entire thing
logically the 40 dollar fix is just that, but since its getting leaks from wear n tear i thought obviously this will keep occuring with time being a 15 year old car.

hence why im searching for a new pipe with muffler that could suit my car that would be more 'worth it' than paying 300 for a long term solution or 40 for a quick fix.
as i stated, i frankly dont mind the oem exhaust muffler etc because im only running d series currently and the new engine wont be coming in for some time.

hence with a budget of lets say . $200 ? more or less i dont mind, what would u guys suggest i put on ? as u know ill need the pipe and a muffler,
id like something very quiet on idle and loud on rev's but not stupidly loud. a nice tone would be desired obviously.

if anyone has anything for sale, please pm me, or, could anyone/everyone give their imput as to what dimensions or particular types or brands or shapes etc i should look at and even places you can recommend i get this done!

ive been suggested so far, a s12 ? but at the same time i hear this becomes shitty over time and becomes droney? but it doesnt solve the piping issue which is more important overalll i guess, to pass blue slip as well (thanks jeffery for the suggestion).

ive also been suggested the dc2r pipe and dc2r muffler?

any feedback on everything/'anything above would be much appreciated!

thanks.

also:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116056

zachge
13-07-2009, 05:42 PM
hello again ozhonda!
before i begin, let me state that my knowledge on exhaust stuff is very limited hence why ive made a thread hoping for experienced people's imput,

im driving a d series eg right now,with stock exhaust muffler etc etc and frankly couldnt care less, however ive got a exhaust leak, in the pipe that is between the exhaust and the muffler ( whats this called ?) and,

i can weld over it for around $40 and fixed
or i can pay $300 for a brand new (not oem) pipe to replace the entire thing
logically the 40 dollar fix is just that, but since its getting leaks from wear n tear i thought obviously this will keep occuring with time being a 15 year old car.

hence why im searching for a new pipe with muffler that could suit my car that would be more 'worth it' than paying 300 for a long term solution or 40 for a quick fix.
as i stated, i frankly dont mind the oem exhaust muffler etc because im only running d series currently and the new engine wont be coming in for some time.

hence with a budget of lets say . $200 ? more or less i dont mind, what would u guys suggest i put on ? as u know ill need the pipe and a muffler,
id like something very quiet on idle and loud on rev's but not stupidly loud. a nice tone would be desired obviously.

if anyone has anything for sale, please pm me, or, could anyone/everyone give their imput as to what dimensions or particular types or brands or shapes etc i should look at and even places you can recommend i get this done!

ive been suggested so far, a s12 ? but at the same time i hear this becomes shitty over time and becomes droney? but it doesnt solve the piping issue which is more important overalll i guess, to pass blue slip as well (thanks jeffery for the suggestion).

ive also been suggested the dc2r pipe and dc2r muffler?

any feedback on everything/'anything above would be much appreciated!

thanks.

also:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116056

Between the exhaust and the muffler? What does that even mean. I am taking a totally random guess and saying you mean you want an axle back exhaust. (where it joins on behind your driver side rear wheel, to your last muffler..)

kcokla
13-07-2009, 05:51 PM
perhaps i have my terms incorrect

the thing at the very rear end of the car ? = muffler? (thats what ive written it as )

exhaust = generally sits right under the shift knob and is a big fat short pipe, that connects 1 side to the headers, and the other side to antoher pipe which connects to the muffler (?thingi mentioned above)?

is this the axle back?

iwantvtec
13-07-2009, 05:52 PM
the thing between the "exhaust"/tail pipe and muffler is the resonator?, if the leak is minimal. Im sure a good welder can could resolve this.. hence you don't have to spend am arm and leg. Well i hope that helps.

kcokla
13-07-2009, 06:05 PM
yes, he said he can just weld over the holes, but considering that its getting leaks from wear n tear, im thinking might aswell go a little further!
after all, over time itll wear and tear more holes right?

altong0840
14-07-2009, 11:20 AM
but 300/40= 7.5

u can fix 7 more holes~ hahaha
just joke~ it will wear and tear of course, my eg had same problem, to avoid the problem again, i go for steelness steel~ it cost heaps to do by a workshop but i think u can get one form ebay within $300?