PDA

View Full Version : to keep and build or sell and buy one complete???

norm84
14-07-2009, 11:28 AM
how you going ppls, having a slight dilemma with my self.
so i thought id put the question out there. also sorry if this is in the wrong section.

currently iv got my self a Eg4 Gl, and iv got some cash coming my way verrrry soon(Should be about 5k). so i was going to slap a new motor ect...
but then i got thinking, am i better off selling my lil beast and getting one thats got the things i want. or even going to an ek with a decent motor set up already..

what would you guys do,
also please justify your reason.

p.s this is not a blow ass post, so please take it seriously:cool:

thank you

norman

Doe.Man
14-07-2009, 12:40 PM
Ok honestly bro sell and go for an EK or at least an EG5. Your current engine in a carby engine so your gonna have limited engine mods (Can a civic guru confirm this please). This link should help you :D : http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30977

norm84
14-07-2009, 12:44 PM
lol sorry for the miss understanding, but when i say im going to slap a new motor in it, i meant to go b16 or b18

thanks anyways.

beeza
14-07-2009, 12:59 PM
You have to weigh all the costs and options up mate and it's not easy.

The trick is not to be too attached to your car so you can let go of it if need be.

There is a lot of costs involved in doing a conversion and I believe most of the time you are better off selling and buying what you want and rebuilding it if need be and/Or swapping in another bottom end/head/whatever then retuning for bigger numbers later on down the track.

This has the advantage of saving on initial cost and getting what you want straight away and you get to look forward to the rebuild/retune.

norm84
14-07-2009, 01:10 PM
You have to weigh all the costs and options up mate and it's not easy.

The trick is not to be too attached to your car so you can let go of it if need be.

There is a lot of costs involved in doing a conversion and I believe most of the time you are better off selling and buying what you want and rebuilding it if need be and/Or swapping in another bottom end/head/whatever then retuning for bigger numbers later on down the track.

This has the advantage of saving on initial cost and getting what you want straight away and you get to look forward to the rebuild/retune.

lol get attached to all cars i get, which sux but you do get used to it after the 25th car lol.
iv already got a price to do an b18c drive in drive out which i was VVERRRRYYY happy with, but then i thought about the cost of doing all the shit after. then i thought about just going the b16 which only a lil cheaper but wont need to deal with an engineer. at the end of the day if i go b16 the car will cost me less than iv seen any other civic for sale with the same set up.. thats why im confused on what to do :eek:

Red_EG4
14-07-2009, 02:31 PM
lol get attached to all cars i get, which sux but you do get used to it after the 25th car lol.
iv already got a price to do an b18c drive in drive out which i was VVERRRRYYY happy with, but then i thought about the cost of doing all the shit after. then i thought about just going the b16 which only a lil cheaper but wont need to deal with an engineer. at the end of the day if i go b16 the car will cost me less than iv seen any other civic for sale with the same set up.. thats why im confused on what to do :eek:

With A B16 I would still suggest upgrading the brakes.
If you are willing to wait and save up some cash you might be able to find a nice EG with a B18 or B16 swapped in with brake and suspension upgrades for a very reasonable price when you compare to building the whole thing yourself.
The B16 won't need engineering but as I suggested, brakes and suspension upgrades would be preferable to compliment the newly attained powerrrrrrr.

To be honest if you are happy with a B16, I say do it to your own car. Because you know the history of your chassis (hopefully).

norm84
14-07-2009, 02:40 PM
yhe true on the "condition" part.. its pretty clean hey...hnmmm..

plus its white... go to love white Eg's

Red_EG4
14-07-2009, 03:00 PM
I debate this question with myself almost every day.

JDM.Power
14-07-2009, 03:36 PM
buy my kseries :)

norm84
14-07-2009, 04:36 PM
tried to look through your topics but cant see anything on you ride. if your been seriouse please show me a link,
but if your just f**king around............... ""OWWWW you got me" :P lol

Red_EG4
14-07-2009, 04:45 PM
tried to look through your topics but cant see anything on you ride. if your been seriouse please show me a link,
but if your just f**king around............... ""OWWWW you got me" :P lol
search for his posts in the showoff thread for new parts. :p

JDM.Power
14-07-2009, 04:59 PM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/MRb18c/Image326523523017.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/MRb18c/Image2356236016.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y126/MRb18c/Image009.jpg

etc etc etc..

norm84
14-07-2009, 05:11 PM
geez you would want hheheeeaaappppsss for that. is it complete yet???

beeza
14-07-2009, 05:28 PM
I debate this question with myself almost every day.

Yeah,well lets talk about what's really on our minds! :thumbsup:

I reckon so many of us are having dilema's about 'making things happen'

It's about what will make U happy and the budget that supports it,ya know...

No use trying to live up there when the reality is there's limited funds.

It comes down to the budget offcoarse.

But you need to work out first and foremost what you want (within budget) and the future plans for it.

I suggest buying the car you want then saving for a rebuild/tune and push for a bit more power.

It's really never ending with cars,so you have to have a plan and stick to it.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
14-07-2009, 05:30 PM
If you're a nostalgic person, build.

If that doesn't bother you, buy.

I'm a nostalgic person, I'd rather Build

JDM.Power
14-07-2009, 05:33 PM
geez you would want hheheeeaaappppsss for that. is it complete yet???

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115747

have a look.
pm me if you are really interested.

nonetheless, as everyone said its really up to you and your budget

some people rather build a car some people dont and just buy a car that is done already for them to save heaps of time and money.

beeza
14-07-2009, 05:34 PM
I'm nostalgic!

But I haven't got the money to be like that with cars.I mean if I was to do a b18c swap,I want to do it right!

And THAT costs money...

So why not buy and build! :)

Buy what you want to start with (or sell what you got to buy what you want) then build it up later!

If you buy it cheaper with 200,000+ km's it's due for a rebuild anyways!

norm84
14-07-2009, 05:38 PM
farrrkkk doing this topic has actually made me think allooott more deeper into it.. lol

beeza
14-07-2009, 05:45 PM
Yes yes yes,it needs EXACTLY that!!!!

It's a big thing.