PDA

View Full Version : The Air Resonator?

ekvtir90
14-07-2009, 12:19 PM
Could anyone tell me where the air resonator is located in my honda integra vtir 99? and explain to me how to possible get to it so i can remove it? I heard somewhere thats it on the drivers side front wheels bumper?

dvsx
14-07-2009, 12:22 PM
it should sit behind the front bumper on the driver side. i removed it from my previous civic. integra should be the same. taking off the front bumper makes it much easier to take off.

diy: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13836&highlight=resonator

thats for a ek though. integra should be similar

another one for eg: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44320&highlight=resonator

ekvtir90
14-07-2009, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. I bought my car second hand and the screw on for the bumper near the wheel has been removed and its loose is it possible somebody has already removed it because i heard you can remove it from there instead of taking the whole bumper off?

dvsx
14-07-2009, 12:32 PM
does your car have a stock air box? if not. you could see 2 black pipes coming into the bay from the driver side. otherwise u can pull back the guard from the driver side wheel and you should see it, since the bolt is gone, should make it easier to pull back the guard.

ive heard you can remove it without taking the bumper off. but it was hard enough doing it with off as you need to wriggle the resonator quite a bit.

if your car is running an aftermarket pod then chances are it has been removed otherwise just look for these 2 black pipes in your bay like this pic

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/ek9/EK9/Airbox%20resonator%20removal/airbox2.jpg

ekvtir90
14-07-2009, 12:33 PM
No i have the stock air box. I'll take a look now and try to move it.

dvsx
14-07-2009, 12:35 PM
No i have the stock air box. I'll take a look now and try to move it.

o ok, then its probly still in there. good luck with it :thumbsup:

feel free to rep me :angel: lol

ekvtir90
14-07-2009, 12:42 PM
I looked inside theres a big white looking plastic box, is that the resonator? lol and under the car theres a cover? i think i need to remove it in order for it to come out and its tied on with a nut i need a wrench or something to loosen it.

ekvtir90
14-07-2009, 01:13 PM
ive tried and tried too loosen the bolt thats holding it on it wont loosen i tried all my nuts 11mm is the only one that fits and its not a perfect fit what do i need?

ekvtir90
14-07-2009, 01:36 PM
Ive finally unscrewed it!! but the pipin that is connected to it doesnt come off how do i loosen that so it comes out?? someone please help need it done in an hour.,

ekvtir90
14-07-2009, 02:28 PM
dont worry about it i finally got it taken out and screwed all the stuff back in but in the process i ripped my guards :( damn.

b4dnuf
14-07-2009, 03:06 PM
haha.
bit late but yeah that white box is the resonator. the easiest is to take the bumper off takes like 15 mins all up to take out and put back on. u can do it without taking the bumper off but its a bit more of a struggle. as u may have found out.

ekvtir90
14-07-2009, 03:32 PM
Yes I found it really difficult to take it out and in the process i ripped my guards now its hanging off masking tape lmao. Hopefully if i see any for sale ill buy someoneso or maybe purchase it from honda.

Finally went out onto the road when the cars idling it sounds like a vacuum cleaner sucking in air lmao. and for some reason after 3.5rpm it does the whistling noise I don't know why but it sounds cool.

dvsx
14-07-2009, 03:36 PM
lol if u get an aftermarket pod it will whistle even louder

sorry wasnt here to help lol

ekvtir90
14-07-2009, 03:38 PM
lol if u get an aftermarket pod it will whistle even louder

sorry wasnt here to help lol

LOL its okay thank you for your response if it wasn't for you I would of gotten no where, I thought I would not of been able to do it but I did :D

Yes I'm thinking of getting a K&N replacement of my stock when i get the money, would that make a sound difference?

dvsx
14-07-2009, 04:48 PM
definately mate