PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Racing

SiR CRX
08-11-2004, 05:37 PM
I am just wondering if Jackson Racing make a supercharger to fit the 1989 CRX SiR. I noticed on CAPA that there are a few kits available for the Gen 2 CRX but it doesn't mention the B16A in any of them. Can any help me out?

Cheers

SiR CRX
13-11-2004, 08:14 PM
I just thought I would tell everyone that I found a place that does a Jackson Racing supercharger kit for B16A powered CRX's. I have heard some great things about the Jackson Racing blowers and I am seriously considering this kit for a bit more fun in my CRX. What do you all think?

http://www.hasport.com/News/Projects/Pics/1988%20CRX/88%20crx%20engine.jpg

Chi
13-11-2004, 08:57 PM
Ive seen that kit intalled on a b16a and b18c on some cars at good performance.

So i would say its sold in australia somewhere.

SiR CRX
13-11-2004, 09:04 PM
Yeah I contacted CAPA who told me to contact Jacson Racing who told me to contact these guys www.hasport.com

If it is sold in Australia then that would be great but I need to find out who sells them.

vtc
13-11-2004, 09:59 PM
You got to go through the supercharger vs turbo and insurance debate. But hey if its a supercharger you want.. get a supercharger.. would be very nice!

Setanta
13-11-2004, 10:24 PM
Just be careful - while it has the Jackson name on it, in the US, I understand, it's not made by them, nor do they warentee/service it. There were a few people who listed faults with the system on www.clubsi.com with their EM1 Coupes - oil leaks and such in the blower itself.

It needs a few mods to go into an ED bay from what I've heard - there's not quite the free space that a EM1 enjoys... for an EF however, you might well be in luck.

I do suggest researching it carefully before commiting... I wish I had the links to reviews of it - I just remember a lot wern't good in terms of reliability and quoted v's real-life output.

SiR CRX
13-11-2004, 10:43 PM
Ta man, the reason I am considering it is because I have read about some VTi-R Civic's here in Australia running them and getting some good power out of them. It's different to a turbo which everyone seems to be doing so it's good in that respect too. This kit is specifically made to fit the EF CRX with a B16A conversion and I have been told because I have the B16A then it will fit no problems. I will definetly do more research before I decide though.

panda[cRx]
14-11-2004, 03:15 AM
hasport's website wont sell direct to aus. when i was gettin my bseries stuff for my swap they directed me to www.full-race.com u can buy hasport stuff from there

panda[cRx]
14-11-2004, 03:28 AM
just had a look on full-race and found this... :D

Stage 4 AC (700 hp)
http://full-race.com/store/images/stage2turbokit.jpg
Stage 4 AC Turbo Kit is designed to be the ultimate high power turbo kit for the racer who is willing to give up spool time in exchange for insane top end power, yet still must keep AC. This is the same turbo used on the Full-Race Motorsports street car, which runs 9.7 at 146mph with no wheelie bars. To help save time in between rounds, the downpipe is flanged for quick release with a V band connection. If you simply do not want to lose, and you must stay cool in the staging lanes this is the turbo kit to run. Power levels up to 700whp are to be expected. Available for B series engines ONLY.

Includes:
-Full-Race AC Manifold
-Full-Race 3" V-band Downpipe
-Full-Race Intercooler 22"x8"x3"
-Full-Race T4/T67 Turbo
-Tial 44mm Wastegate
-Tial 50mm Blow Off Valve
-Full-Race Custom 2.5" Aluminum Intercooler Piping
-Full-Race Oil Line Kit
-Full-Race Vacuum Line Kit
-Full-Race Hardware Kit
-Full-Race Gasket Kit
-Full-Race Silicon Coupler Kit
-Full-Race Hose Clamp Kit

good for 700hp and still keep aircon, very nice.
although might wanna spend a few bucks on internals first hehehe

z3lda
14-11-2004, 10:42 AM
superchargers got better bov sounds then turbos ahaha. definately get teh s/c

SiR CRX
14-11-2004, 03:01 PM
z3lda I hope you are not serious. You can't even use a BOV on this type of blower ;) Just wondering if anyone has seen/heard one of these blowers in action? Do they whine much?

Setanta
14-11-2004, 04:33 PM
In most states you'll get defected using an atmo BOV anyway... it has to be plumbed back. You can also cop noise level defects on them.

strafe
14-11-2004, 07:52 PM
Sent PM to you SiR CRX

Mr. Focus
15-11-2004, 12:32 PM
i've been thinking about s/c'ing my 'd'. i know they do em heaps in th US but has anyone done it here yet?

Kawasaki
15-11-2004, 12:45 PM
like setanta said ive heard some bad things happen to ppl who have purchased the jackson superchargers and couldnt get them fixed on warranty. There have been a couple of posts on american websites. Just get a turbo kit.

SiR CRX
15-11-2004, 01:34 PM
A couple of posts about some bad stuff happening doesn't mean they are crap. I have read some terrible things that have happened to turbo kits too. Plus I have read far more posts praising the Jackson Racing blowers than I have dissin them.

Check this article out http://www.autospeed.com.au/cms/A_1959/article.html

SINISTR
15-11-2004, 03:06 PM
too bad not many ppl have a ZC powered Gen1 around here as we have a Jacksons Racing Supercharger for that...

I was spewin cos it won't fit my gen2 without modifications to the strut case, and my GENONE has an EW5 motor which is pre-ZC.

mike

Type R Positive
15-11-2004, 06:56 PM
like setanta said ive heard some bad things happen to ppl who have purchased the jackson superchargers and couldnt get them fixed on warranty. There have been a couple of posts on american websites. Just get a turbo kit. I don't think Americans know much about maintenance. They are a Eaton supercharger which are very good.

Setanta
15-11-2004, 11:17 PM
Check this article out http://www.autospeed.com.au/cms/A_1959/article.html

All credibility went out the window when I read this:

But when Salvadore of Sydney lines you up at the lights in his dark blue VTi-R, you'd better get used to the idea of getting wasted. This VTi-R ain't no underdog - it's a 280-odd horsepower top dog!

So what the heck is responsible for more than doubling the 160-horse factory power output? Simple - a bolt-on Jackson Racing supercharger kit from the 'States

Last time I checked, 2x 160bhp is 320bhp not 280bhp