PDA

View Full Version : Honda Accord V6 Lux - Windshield Noise

veeparam
14-07-2009, 10:47 PM
Hi Guys,
Need some guidance pls....

I've got the Honda Accord V6 Lux model. Gr8 car.. no doubts... BUT....:o
When I'm on the highway, and driving at 100 kmph, I start to hear a mild rattling noise, which seems to come from the rear windshield. :confused:

If i increase the speed to say 110kmph, then the noise increases and behold I get the noise from the driver side window as well.... (when the window is up..):confused:

This happens only on rough roads.. not off roads but rough roads. On soft bitumen highways, absolutely no noise.

I have my tyre pressure set at 33psi (recommended is 32).

Pls could someone advice,
if they are facing a similar problem,
tips on what could be the issue,
Could it be the rear windscreen and the driver window is not firmly in place
Could it be the suspension, rear ones.

Any tips / advice is much appreciated,

Thanks in advance,
Cheers,

VP

Shpox
15-07-2009, 04:34 PM
Not sure if this is the same issue, but I do experience a weird issue when the rear window is down maybe 10cm and I'm going ~60-100 km/h. Makes like a loud shaking windtunnel noise and the SVC doesn't pick it up either for some reason. Doesn't happen on any of the other cars I drive. Didn't think much of it. When the window is fully up, all is fine. Happens on rough roads too. Didn't really think much of it.

My tyre pressure is set at 32. 1200 km on the clock so far. I've got the 2.4L.

zero_1234567890
16-07-2009, 05:39 PM
Window seals might be worn?

VTECH
24-07-2009, 02:58 PM
Try this link, could be related to your noise.

http://blogs.edmunds.com/roadtests/2008/09/2008-honda-accord-ex-l-v6-rattling-deck-panel.html

bbk
29-07-2009, 02:36 PM
Exact same issue when the car was new. Got it fixed at the dealership as a warranty repair (which was basically removing the shelf and putting it back again), was good for a year and it's back now!