PDA

View Full Version : Antenna problem

khav515
15-07-2009, 08:53 AM
I have been having a problem with my antenna ever since I bought the integra 96 and was needing some assistance in options that I can take to resolve the issue.

The antenna is making a noise every time the car starts and when i turn the engine off. The sound of the antenna is like a repeated knocking on the antenna end as it goes up or down.

I was wandering whether this is a common occurrence to other Honda cars and how it was resolved.

Would the best option to replace the antenna with a brand new system?

Hope that a few suggestions are able to be made so that i am able to rectify this problem.

Thanks!

F.O.B Squad
15-07-2009, 09:45 AM
Does the antenna go all the way up?
If not, could be ceased at a certain point and the motor is trying to push it up with no budge.

marky53
15-07-2009, 09:47 AM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57146&highlight=antenna

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27558&highlight=dc2r+antenna

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82594&highlight=dc2r+antenna

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82489&highlight=dc2r+antenna

i have the same problem.... not sure what I am going to do.... thinking about disconnecting the power to the antenna for now....

koevi
15-07-2009, 09:48 AM
Yea my teg did that too, until i pulled the power to the antenna out lol. The motor is probly screwed like my one. If you want to get a new antenna i suggest getting the s2000 antenna and putting that on. Looks mint and not that expensive.

F.O.B Squad
15-07-2009, 09:49 AM
Yeah thats what i did with mine. Just took the whole unit out and looking to get a s2k one.
so i don't need to worry about that 1m erection every time the car starts.

dvsx
15-07-2009, 12:00 PM
yep s2k antennas are motor less so you dont need to worry about any antenna problems ever again. unless it gets snapped off

khav515
15-07-2009, 01:53 PM
thanks all.. i think disconnecting would be a good option (the cheapest option too)

once u disconnect the aerial you can always reconnect ??

rmalov
15-07-2009, 04:04 PM
yeh dissconnect the power on the antenna, u can always connect it back its just a clip, all integras have this problem with the antenna, best thing to do is replace it for a s2000 antenna u can buy the kit off ebay.

khav515
15-07-2009, 05:04 PM
Cools Thnx. If i choose the option of disconnecting the motor antenna what will happen to the signal that I get from my Pioneer Head Unit?

Will the radio be clear ??

Bludger
15-07-2009, 07:27 PM
disconnecting it is not that simple

requires removal of all boot plastics........

or maybe you could disconnect it from the head unit.

yes, s2k antenna is besat option, but you could always get another one from the wrecker.

all Honda's from that era have this same problem

Bludger
15-07-2009, 07:28 PM
Cools Thnx. If i choose the option of disconnecting the motor antenna what will happen to the signal that I get from my Pioneer Head Unit?

Will the radio be clear ??if you disconnect it while its down, then yes, signal will be weak.

if you disconnect it while off, it will be ok, as long as the antenna cable is still pluged in. Just disconect the power, not the antenna cable.

sretocz
19-07-2009, 02:47 PM
disconnecting it is not that simple

requires removal of all boot plastics.....

no it doesnt, at least with the ITR, remove the rear bar, remove back panel, unscrew a couple of screws on the side panels and one screw for the antenna. then you take pliers and unscrew the silver bit around the antenna and ur done. takes about 15-20 minutes max.

Will the radio be clear ??

that will probably depend on the area you are in, generally you will get a signal but it wont be as good and u wont get it everywhere.

F.O.B Squad
19-07-2009, 09:42 PM
no it doesnt, at least with the ITR, remove the rear bar, remove back panel, unscrew a couple of screws on the side panels and one screw for the antenna. then you take pliers and unscrew the silver bit around the antenna and ur done. takes about 15-20 minutes max.

Why would you remove the rear bar for?
You just need to remove the boot carpet, rear boot brace, rear strut if you have and then unscrew a few plastic screws. Just enough to shift the rear plastic side panel to access the antenna mechanism.
And then go from there to remove or do whatever with the antenna.

sretocz
20-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Why would you remove the rear bar for?

what i ment was the rear boot brace if u got one.

F.O.B Squad
20-07-2009, 01:09 PM
what i ment was the rear boot brace if u got one.

Yeah i sort of figured you meant that lol. All good.

Bludger
23-07-2009, 11:34 PM
takes about 15-20 minutes max.
this is ozhonda

kiet88
02-08-2009, 02:40 PM
i installed an override switch on my dc4... I mainly use the CD/MP3player in my car anyway.. found this better as i still have the ability to use the antenna when i need to without having to hear the annoying antenna sound on every start up and shut down.

see http://integramod.tripod.com/ under the audio section