PDA

View Full Version : Mods on euro....

Faiz
08-11-2004, 06:56 PM
hey all, i know absolutly nothing about cars...i would like to make modifications to my euro, so it can gain a bit of power.....Next time i bloody see those Xr6 and holdens ill show them :(. So yea.....where do i start, pros and cons anyone of modding? Is it very expensive...No turbo or super charging. The mods shouldnt reck the car basically, just there to gain more power... so any advice or leave it the same. Btw mines an auto..

PERTH_EURO
08-11-2004, 07:59 PM
start by doin a search man

Slugoid
08-11-2004, 08:07 PM
Buy a WRX, really. It is designed to beat Holden's and Ford's and you'll have more fun in that than the Euro...

bkn_computers
08-11-2004, 08:52 PM
i've got an accord euro in the family. i dont think you need a rexy to beat fords or holdens.

i get p plater commodore hoons rev @ me (p plater in accord) at the lights all the time.
And i dont do anything, coz its such a quiet car, i just wait till its green and floor it, the euros go hard, i woudlnt underestimate em, i've taken 6cyl's with ease, not even to redline.

As for mods dude, the usual you know, cold air intake, exhaust, extractors, the basic mods of NA, and you cant ask for cheap mods. mods are mods, most are expensive, and some are really expensive, lol. performance costs $$$!

coladuna
08-11-2004, 09:15 PM
i've got an accord euro in the family. i dont think you need a rexy to beat fords or holdens.

It really depends on what Ford or Holden we are talking about.
The only Ford or Holdens the Euro could probably compete with in performance would be base model V6 Commodore and Falcons.
Anything other than that would probably be too powerful.
If you are next to XR6T or Commodore SS, don't even bother and save your petrol.

yfin
08-11-2004, 09:34 PM
hey all, i know absolutly nothing about cars...i would like to make modifications to my euro, so it can gain a bit of power.....Next time i bloody see those Xr6 and holdens ill show them :(. So yea.....where do i start, pros and cons anyone of modding? Is it very expensive...No turbo or super charging. The mods shouldnt reck the car basically, just there to gain more power... so any advice or leave it the same. Btw mines an auto..

Faiz - aren't you the chap who had the Euro purchased for you by your dad and you are still on your L (learner) plates?

If so - don't mod the car yet please. :) Get some experience under your belt (at least wait until you are half way through your Ps!!!).

Reagan
08-11-2004, 09:38 PM
supercharge it
get the parts to make it AWD BABY!
lol

EuroAccord13
08-11-2004, 11:39 PM
Dude.. a friendly word of advice... :)

Be able to drive the car safely before you think about modding a car.....

SeraphimX
09-11-2004, 12:56 PM
Faiz - aren't you the chap who had the Euro purchased for you by your dad and you are still on your L (learner) plates?

If so - don't mod the car yet please. :) Get some experience under your belt (at least wait until you are half way through your Ps!!!).

First of all...your modding auto??? :rolleyes: Mods are good for power but not really sensible from a financial point of view, your just building depreciation into your car; when you sell it, you basically lose what you paid for the mods and installation on top of your depreciation.. very painful..

Faiz
09-11-2004, 02:13 PM
that just sucks doesnt it. And what you mean buy a wrx????Im a made of money. If mods are expensive than no thanx.. Ill just have to wait 10 mores for a fast car than aye when i get the money. Those new skylines which arent out even in japan sound awesome...its said to have 8 speed manual.....Thats just unbeliveable...

evolution42
09-11-2004, 03:05 PM

no thats me;)

ive done around 80hrs worth of driving in 5 months- i think thats a slight indication of how keen I am when it comes to driving.

btw, i have no intention to mod my car- i like it just the way it is :) :D i dun like honda's without honda parts:P

Type R Positive
09-11-2004, 06:49 PM
First of all...your modding auto??? :rolleyes: Mods are good for power but not really sensible from a financial point of view, your just building depreciation into your car; when you sell it, you basically lose what you paid for the mods and installation on top of your depreciation.. very painful..I think about that sometimes, but I really enjoy my driving. I will be doing the basics to my car, ie: mags, coilovers, bodykit, exhaust, intake. This is about $6k - $7k worth of mods for me. Is it worth it? To me, definately yes. I would be satisfied with lowered and mags but I can afford more, so why not?

I am a huge believer in if you are going to modify your car, get a car worthy of modification in the first place. Example. Don't get a lancer and put a turbo, kit, mags, ect... when you could and should have got a WRX in the first place.

I believe the Euro is a fantastic car and lends itself really well to modification.

To me it is all about getting the car to where I think it should have come from the factory. And better still, it would be individual.

I won't be selling my car for a a long while (anything can happen, EURO-R?), so depreciation isn't a factor for me.

Just like fitting a better stereo in your car, although I think the standard system is more than adequate, it is nothing compared to a custom install.

SeraphimX
09-11-2004, 07:06 PM
I think about that sometimes, but I really enjoy my driving. I will be doing the basics to my car, ie: mags, coilovers, bodykit, exhaust, intake. This is about $6k - $7k worth of mods for me. Is it worth it? To me, definately yes. I would be satisfied with lowered and mags but I can afford more, so why not?

I am a huge believer in if you are going to modify your car, get a car worthy of modification in the first place. Example. Don't get a lancer and put a turbo, kit, mags, ect... when you could and should have got a WRX in the first place.

I believe the Euro is a fantastic car and lends itself really well to modification.

To me it is all about getting the car to where I think it should have come from the factory. And better still, it would be individual.

I won't be selling my car for a a long while (anything can happen, EURO-R?), so depreciation isn't a factor for me.

Just like fitting a better stereo in your car, although I think the standard system is more than adequate, it is nothing compared to a custom install.

Oh well to each his own then, I wouldn't mind buying mags as I can sell em later, if I was going to keep it long then I would mod it, but my parents believe in new cars every 3 years so.. :P

Type R Positive
09-11-2004, 07:13 PM
Oh well to each his own then, I wouldn't mind buying mags as I can sell em later, if I was going to keep it long then I would mod it, but my parents believe in new cars every 3 years so.. :Pmmmmm, NICE!

Hey, you got a Celica, I'd be sticking on a blitz supercharger kit on that quick smart!

Catcha
09-11-2004, 07:33 PM
that just sucks doesnt it. And what you mean buy a wrx????Im a made of money. If mods are expensive than no thanx.. Ill just have to wait 10 mores for a fast car than aye when i get the money. Those new skylines which arent out even in japan sound awesome...its said to have 8 speed manual.....Thats just unbeliveable...

You already made the biggest mistake in buying an auto for performance sure autos are good for drag strip applications anything else is a waste of time, should of just brought a wrx or turbo car at the start and you wouldn't be wasting you time asking people how to mod it, Honda's are well designed so modding them sometimes decreased performance. Has been well documented unless you take it to a tuning shop. I remember the civic VTI-R coming out and them modifying it, in the end it was a minimal gain for the amount spent cause honda did such a great job already there was really minimal gains to it, like spending 5g on 5 kw's gain is not great you get ?

yfin
09-11-2004, 07:56 PM
You already made the biggest mistake in buying an auto for performance sure autos are good for drag strip applications anything else is a waste of time, should of just brought a wrx or turbo car at the start and you wouldn't be wasting you time asking people how to mod it, Honda's are well designed so modding them sometimes decreased performance. Has been well documented unless you take it to a tuning shop. I remember the civic VTI-R coming out and them modifying it, in the end it was a minimal gain for the amount spent cause honda did such a great job already there was really minimal gains to it, like spending 5g on 5 kw's gain is not great you get ?

I agree with the general gist of what you are saying. But you don't need to take a Euro to a tuning shop for 5kw gain or spend $5,000. A basic mod like a cold air intake will see a gain - the K&N Typhoon CAI is an easy 7kw and proven for the K series engine. And it only costs $380....

aaronng
09-11-2004, 09:16 PM
The Euro's K24A3 is limited at the intake and exhaust because of noise restrictions in the luxury sedan class. If you mod those two places, and don't mind getting fined or defected by the cops, you will get more power.

Reagan
09-11-2004, 10:02 PM
K&N is a promise 7more kw at the wheels for a euro?
wat the!

Catcha
09-11-2004, 10:13 PM
wat the!

Might even give your accord 7kws as well if you put that one :D

coladuna
09-11-2004, 10:53 PM
wat the!

He probably meant 7 more kw at the flywheel.
Wouldn't know it that's an optimistic expectation or not, but 7kw at the wheel just by getting CAI seems far-fetched.

Personally, I think modding is a big waste of money, but that's just me.
I'd rather just stash that few thousand dollars and prepare for my next car or do something else with it.

People already say buying a brand new car is a waste of money because of depreciation, so why make it worse when the money you spend on mods is basically gone down the drain when the time comes to sell it?

Type R Positive
09-11-2004, 11:43 PM
K&N typhoon cold air intake gives a nice increase in torque and hp. The dyno sheet on K&N website shows a nice gain at the wheels.
http://www.kandn.com/dynocharts/69-0025.jpg
Just have to wait untill mine arrives........

jolt
10-11-2004, 02:40 AM
Check out the Injen CAI dyno sheets ...
http://www.injen.com/webpages/testing/original_files/rd1430.gif

Over 11hp gain at the wheels = 11 kW at the engine/flywheel!!

I can't wait for mine to arrive together with the Hondata intake manifold heatshield gasket, so I can fit them and get the V-AFC II dyno tuned!! :D

regards
Rod

SeraphimX
10-11-2004, 02:50 AM
mmmmm, NICE!

Hey, you got a Celica, I'd be sticking on a blitz supercharger kit on that quick smart!

Type R....teh celica is 3 yrs old...im getting an euro soon :D

SeraphimX
10-11-2004, 02:53 AM

Autos good for drag strip application??? :confused: Are you nuts?! Autos are crap for drag strip applications, in fact the only thing they are good for is laid back driving, first off, they shift slow, second they lose power thru the torque converter, they are only 5 speed vs 6 speed, they can't rev as high as you want to, if you start modding, the auto box might not be able to handle the extra power if there's a lot of it..

Type R Positive
10-11-2004, 10:59 AM
Autos good for drag strip application??? :confused: Are you nuts?! Autos are crap for drag strip applications, in fact the only thing they are good for is laid back driving, first off, they shift slow, second they lose power thru the torque converter, they are only 5 speed vs 6 speed, they can't rev as high as you want to, if you start modding, the auto box might not be able to handle the extra power if there's a lot of it.. You best be going to the drags....

If you want to go really fast, you need to get an auto. It would be fair to say that all dedicated drag cars are automatics.

coladuna
10-11-2004, 11:36 AM
Over 11hp gain at the wheels = 11 kW at the engine/flywheel!!

I don't see how 11hp suddenly converts to 11kw?

EuroAccord13
10-11-2004, 11:43 AM
I don't see how 11hp suddenly converts to 11kw?

What it means is that if you have 11Hp @ the Wheels, collectively, it is around 11Kws @ the Fly.... before DriveTrain loss...

Catcha
10-11-2004, 11:53 AM
Autos good for drag strip application??? :confused: Are you nuts?! Autos are crap for drag strip applications, in fact the only thing they are good for is laid back driving, first off, they shift slow, second they lose power thru the torque converter, they are only 5 speed vs 6 speed, they can't rev as high as you want to, if you start modding, the auto box might not be able to handle the extra power if there's a lot of it..

Proper Drag cars use automatics , fastest WRX in Oz is an Auto, The Honda Euro is not good for anything else but enjoy the comforts that the car was designed and a bit a sprited driving.

Have you taken your car to the Drags lately or any for that matter? do you know hard it is to get off the line in a manual trying to balance wheel spin and get traction at the same time? probably slighty easier in a FWD, Try AWD Too low revs car bogs down too high revs and you gotta get that realease point right without dumping the clutch to get a good launch and some sympathy for your gear box, unless it's upgraded box you can dump it at 7000rpm all day everyday WRX example.
Where as an auto you have more control once you get traction and the competition boxes, how do you think they get good reaction times with and auto, getting good reactions times at drags is already a mission get that right and you won half the battle to winning

jolt
10-11-2004, 12:11 PM
What it means is that if you have 11Hp @ the Wheels, collectively, it is around 11Kws @ the Fly.... before DriveTrain loss...

The whole point is that the translation takes the drivetrain loss into account!!

Approximately 25% difference in conversion of hp to kW means ...
1hp is approximately equal to 0.75kW

Approximately 25% drivetrain loss means ...
1hp@engine is approximately equal to 0.75hp@wheels
1kW@engine is approximately equal to 0.75kW@wheels

Therefore hp@wheels is approximately equal to kW@engine.

Obviously the drivetrain loss will vary from car to car and will be greater on those cars which are AWD, but this is an accurate enough albeit rough rule of thumb.

thanks
Rod

SeraphimX
10-11-2004, 02:38 PM
You best be going to the drags....

If you want to go really fast, you need to get an auto. It would be fair to say that all dedicated drag cars are automatics.

That's the stock auto yeh? :D I think first off, that euro is not going anywhere that fast, its FWD and I think for the mods he is thinking about, manual is still the way to go for drag strip applications. Most auto boxes I know about can't handle much torque relative to the manual, and I think you'd have to get an aftermarket autobox which is probably gonna cost a bomb in order to get that kind of auto performance. Correct me if im wrong but in Japan drags they use sequential manual for drag strip applications for gtrs etc etc..

aaronng
10-11-2004, 02:46 PM
The AMG mercs with 6 litre supercharged engines run off auto boxes. It's not that they can't handle the torque. With FWD, you would prefer an auto if you have excess power. With manual, the power overwhelms traction too easily, and the total time lost is more than the time lost from the power loss through an auto box. So they use auto.

In REAL drags, the 1/4 mile lasts 8-9 seconds and they hit speeds of over 200km/h. Can you shift through 4 gears in less than 4 seconds? Remember, you need to let the car accelerate after shifting. In this situation, an auto box is still less efficient than a manual, but will get you faster times.

Pum[Z]
10-11-2004, 03:47 PM
Mmmm.. Well looks like in drag racing due to wheelspin auto's are preffered. Thats something new... U learn new things everyday....

But for this guy is talking about modding his car so he can take on fords and holdens on the streets. On the street u need a manual car if u want it to preform better. Auto's are way to sluggish and u need human judgement to change gears on the streets... (When to perfect the timing to change gears or drop gears)....

In the end the best way is to force induct ur way to beating falcons and holdens V8's. Thats the most sensible option unless u of course got more money to burn and modify it N/A.

All in all the best way is to modify ur euro by using lightweight parts, change full exhaust and let it breathe better. If u like to be illegal and don't want to put a turbo or supercharger just nos it. But don't expect it to be like in 2 fast 2 furious coz it aint like that....

yfin
10-11-2004, 04:46 PM
']All in all the best way is to modify ur euro by using lightweight parts, change full exhaust and let it breathe better. If u like to be illegal and don't want to put a turbo or supercharger just nos it. But don't expect it to be like in 2 fast 2 furious coz it aint like that....

Stock exhaust is not bad - people are only seeing a few hp gain with a full change in exhaust on the Euro. You will see better gains relative to dollars spent with CAI, heatshield gasket, header and playing with the ECU. Sure, if you have the money - get a full exhaust too. Bang for buck - CAI and the heatshield gasket seem worthwhile - less than $500 in total for a noticeable increase in power.

aaronng
10-11-2004, 05:04 PM
']But for this guy is talking about modding his car so he can take on fords and holdens on the streets. On the street u need a manual car if u want it to preform better. Auto's are way to sluggish and u need human judgement to change gears on the streets... (When to perfect the timing to change gears or drop gears)....

In the end the best way is to force induct ur way to beating falcons and holdens V8's. Thats the most sensible option unless u of course got more money to burn and modify it N/A.

All in all the best way is to modify ur euro by using lightweight parts, change full exhaust and let it breathe better. If u like to be illegal and don't want to put a turbo or supercharger just nos it. But don't expect it to be like in 2 fast 2 furious coz it aint like that....
Since the guy's Euro is an auto, putting CAI, catback and gasket will net him 20hp at most?? Then you take that 20hp and put it through the auto box and you get maybe 12-13hp left. Worth the money? You're right, in his case, forced induction is the way. But it would be easier, cheaper and more reliable for him to get an auto WRX anyway.

Type R Positive
10-11-2004, 05:04 PM
That's the stock auto yeh? :D I think first off, that euro is not going anywhere that fast, its FWD and I think for the mods he is thinking about, manual is still the way to go for drag strip applications. Most auto boxes I know about can't handle much torque relative to the manual, and I think you'd have to get an aftermarket autobox which is probably gonna cost a bomb in order to get that kind of auto performance. Correct me if im wrong but in Japan drags they use sequential manual for drag strip applications for gtrs etc etc.. Just paying you out man, you think auto's are crap for drags.
For the Euro, yes, manual is much better. I wouldn't bother with an auto, thats why I got a manual. I know this is what you meant in your post, but I couldn't resist.

Jap drag cars are slow. Even serious jap drag cars use an auto. Ie: HKS supra.

Click on this link to see what nearly every fast drag car in the world is using for a transmission. Either this brand or similar.
http://www.lencoracing.com/

Pum[Z]
10-11-2004, 05:31 PM
Ok... Looks like the only way if u want to beat Pesky Commodore's and Falcons is don't drag with a Accord Euro. Ur wasting ur time and Petrol...

Rule no.1 if u like to drag in the streets and usually the streets aint straight... Don't buy a automatic...

Rule no.2 if u want to beat holdens and Ford's. Look for a car that can do 0-100 in the 5-6ish second mark. Ur looking at the wrong car if u think ur Accord Euro can beat a Commodore or Falcon. (Yes maybe u can if it is a V6) but hardly a match if its a V8.

Rather then pay $10,000-$20,000 to modify ur euro to make it beat Holden or Fords sell ur car and buy a Liberty GT or the coming Mazda 6 MPS....

U modify ur car because its a enjoyable experience and individuality not because u want to beat all the cars u see to teach them a lesson...

jolt
10-11-2004, 05:49 PM
Pum[Z]

Well put, you've really cut to the chase there and hit the nail on the head.

The Accord Euro is never going to be about straight line acceleration and modifying it is more about enjoying the process of improving and enhancing it, not substantially changing the underlying character of the car.

regards
Rod

SeraphimX
10-11-2004, 06:28 PM
Just paying you out man, you think auto's are crap for drags.
For the Euro, yes, manual is much better. I wouldn't bother with an auto, thats why I got a manual. I know this is what you meant in your post, but I couldn't resist.

Jap drag cars are slow. Even serious jap drag cars use an auto. Ie: HKS supra.

Click on this link to see what nearly every fast drag car in the world is using for a transmission. Either this brand or similar.
http://www.lencoracing.com/

Paying me out?? :rolleyes: ahahah now i know autos can be used in serious drag cars...but I never had serious drag in mind when I was answering to his question..but its cool...

Faiz
10-11-2004, 06:32 PM
Hey all you fellas telling me to buy a new car!!!! Come on, i have shit all money. I was lucky enough to get this car from my dad!!!!!! So yeah! I cant afford anything right now.Tell me that in 10 years when i post how to make euro faster than i will get a new car because i have no job, i am a student! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still cant believe that the semi auto if shifted by itself doesnt make the car go faster!!! thats what i had expected when i bought the car. I really should have gona for that olibertty gt.

Catcha
10-11-2004, 08:14 PM
Hey all you fellas telling me to buy a new car!!!! Come on, i have shit all money. I was lucky enough to get this car from my dad!!!!!! So yeah! I cant afford anything right now.Tell me that in 10 years when i post how to make euro faster than i will get a new car because i have no job, i am a student! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still cant believe that the semi auto if shifted by itself doesnt make the car go faster!!! thats what i had expected when i bought the car. I really should have gona for that olibertty gt.

You still dont get it do you ? ok fair enough you stuck with a car ur parents brought you. My parents brouught me a lancer as well brand new and guess what it was Auto. Did i modify it > yes i did to a certain extent Hi-tech exahust and extractors, and a uni filter panel. got 16inch mags. Was going to put a body kit Evo style, turbo charge it put a mivec engine in it and so until i came to my sensors, whatever i do it won't come close to a turbo car from factory, eg WRX, 200sx etc.
So that was all the mods i did to my lancer. I still have it till this day parents took it back after i brought my WRX with my OWN money. went out got a loan and started paying it off
So when i was shopping for a car of my OWN i promised myself no auto cause they suck slow crap shitty things no driver enjoyment, i love my driving as most here do.
I did lots of research into what i wanted, which was something fast from day one, most popular choice and bang for you bucks was and still is a WRX, didn't care what people say about too many around and all that stuff, it was what i wanted my own money, i do what i like with it.
After owning one for 14months and spending nearly 10g on mods i decided to sell it as it was getting a bit to expensive, i now have other priorties like house and stuff, so i have downgraded to a Jazz but with two incomes coming in i will either get a Euro, or a STI , or EVO a few years down the track but only drive it not modify it.

So after all my crap i have said, When you earn you own money you will make wiser decisions and not silly ones or ones influenced by your parents cause it not your money so they tell you what to get, some other people are lucky and parents get them what they want STI manual or EVO, BMW M3.

So if i was you, i would give up trying to make you EURO faster cause #1 you have stated you have no money #2 your a student. Two things that can make you Euro go faster Get more money or get a job , or ask you parents again.

Faiz
10-11-2004, 08:26 PM
I guess ill just have to play the waiting game and be patient. Im sure after all the time of waiting i would be able to buy a car and enjoy it to the max seeing i am gona wait for one to buy for a long time.

Catcha
10-11-2004, 08:52 PM
I guess ill just have to play the waiting game and be patient. Im sure after all the time of waiting i would be able to buy a car and enjoy it to the max seeing i am gona wait for one to buy for a long time.

consider yourself lucky you have a car that I also wanted, but could not afford, auto or manual.
Be thankful you even have a car, your parents work hard to give you an easier life, think of all those that have to catch the bus and carry all there books, or drive in a old car that breaks down and they have to fix it all the time.

SeraphimX
10-11-2004, 09:43 PM
You still dont get it do you ? ok fair enough you stuck with a car ur parents brought you. My parents brouught me a lancer as well brand new and guess what it was Auto. Did i modify it > yes i did to a certain extent Hi-tech exahust and extractors, and a uni filter panel. got 16inch mags. Was going to put a body kit Evo style, turbo charge it put a mivec engine in it and so until i came to my sensors, whatever i do it won't come close to a turbo car from factory, eg WRX, 200sx etc.
So that was all the mods i did to my lancer. I still have it till this day parents took it back after i brought my WRX with my OWN money. went out got a loan and started paying it off
So when i was shopping for a car of my OWN i promised myself no auto cause they suck slow crap shitty things no driver enjoyment, i love my driving as most here do.
I did lots of research into what i wanted, which was something fast from day one, most popular choice and bang for you bucks was and still is a WRX, didn't care what people say about too many around and all that stuff, it was what i wanted my own money, i do what i like with it.
After owning one for 14months and spending nearly 10g on mods i decided to sell it as it was getting a bit to expensive, i now have other priorties like house and stuff, so i have downgraded to a Jazz but with two incomes coming in i will either get a Euro, or a STI , or EVO a few years down the track but only drive it not modify it.

So after all my crap i have said, When you earn you own money you will make wiser decisions and not silly ones or ones influenced by your parents cause it not your money so they tell you what to get, some other people are lucky and parents get them what they want STI manual or EVO, BMW M3.

So if i was you, i would give up trying to make you EURO faster cause #1 you have stated you have no money #2 your a student. Two things that can make you Euro go faster Get more money or get a job , or ask you parents again.

He's right you know...why don't you have a good think about it, I think you'll make less stupid decisions that you will regret in the long run if you do that. If your a student, do what most students do, find some part time work to pay off the mods.. like I have one friend who worked his butt off for a mth during his vac and bought some mods for his skyline. All that I am saying is that you need to calm down some and think...You've got the car already, if you sell it you lose big on first year dpreciation, and its a pretty good car too...

[[[[Hey all you fellas telling me to buy a new car!!!! Come on, i have shit all money. I was lucky enough to get this car from my dad!!!!!! So yeah! I cant afford anything right now.Tell me that in 10 years when i post how to make euro faster than i will get a new car because i have no job, i am a student! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still cant believe that the semi auto if shifted by itself doesnt make the car go faster!!! thats what i had expected when i bought the car. I really should have gona for that olibertty gt.]]]]

You might even negotiate with your parents to trade in your car for a new car if your so inclined....just get something cheaper, get rid of the euro get a skyline... but seriously, I think you should drive some more before you start thinking about going fast, a fresh P plater going on about mods the way you are is just the type I'd expect to see pull some stupid shit on the road. No offence tho...

coladuna
10-11-2004, 10:13 PM
I have so many things I want to say to this Faiz guy but I'll restrain myself and just say get a life.

EuroAccord13
10-11-2004, 10:23 PM
Ok .. I think he gets it now.. Anyway let's not get this into a flame war..

Anyway, Faiz, we're all here advising you on your intention to mod the Euro...

To sum it up.. Suggest that you save some cash first since you mentioned your financial situation.. Practice driving more during this time.. Your dad gave u the car, auto it may be.. Heck.. Luxurious car dude :) If you want to modify it, do so after you save some cash and then whack the basic mods in... Bear in Mind, you won't get far with an auto but it will still be good enough to whack some Falcodores on the road..

Maybe like u said, think long term, drive the Euro and ya know, when you start working and saved enough, sell it for another faster car of your choice :)

Tip Number 1 : Changing the Exhaust and the Filter as a start will benefit alot. It makes the car breathe easier and fart easier... From there, you can then go further as your cash flow goes.

CHEERS

viperx
10-11-2004, 11:32 PM
start learning to drive before you start learning to drive fast faiz. people like you who think that they are cool because they drive a car which goes fast end up killing themselves because of one thing- usually not because of their car don't have enough safety features, but because their skill level doesn't match the car's level. every one of us started not knowing how to drive at a point in time.

if i was your dad i would buy you a 1975 corolla for your first car. cheap, easy to repair, no technology to rely on. if you think you can rely on technology to save your ass- you can't. it only hides the truth of the danger of driving from you up to a certain point where it all lets go- and that is why so many people crash, because they start off driving a new car like you and never learn how to actually drive one properly. i have seen numerous newbies turn corners for example, and instead of turning their steering wheel gradually to produce a turn with less lateral g force, they drive right up to it almost till they are past it and then turn the steering wheel like they're cranking a old motor up. try doing that in an old car.

and if you bend it you can get another 40 or so corollas for the same price as a euro. ha ha

Type R Positive
11-11-2004, 12:41 AM
hehe... yeah! Just spend your money on a decent stereo system and cruize. No need to go fast. VIP style man!

toE
11-11-2004, 12:55 AM
47 posts to kick some sense into him!

i'm proud of you kids :p

Archangel
11-11-2004, 04:09 AM
Im still very much in the "breaking-in" process of my Euro(6mt) still only clocking up about 1900km's but i've been wanting to do so many things to it, but have decided against it mainly due to warranty/insurance.

I'd ideally like to do a wide range of things and have been able to learn from others especially from this forum! *kudos, cheers and many thanks!*

Basically what it has come down to is, the more I save and bide my time the more I will be able to "play" and modify my car to my liking when the time is right (warranty/insurance/money aside!)

As im in the same boat as you Faiz, I was very fortunate to have my parents buy my car for me and im VERY thankful. Whilst im a little older than you, this doesn't mean I haven't seen Fast and the Furious or played NFSU :P teehee jk.
Anyways, as tempting as it may be (ESPECIALLY reading these forums), dont be in any major rush to modify your car just yet. As others have no doubtedly mentioned, you have a great car and I think you realise that more and more from other peoples comments. There are alot of other things to take into consideration such as insurance, warranty and especially at your age. Hell Im worried enough as is and im just shy of 22.

Ideally its up to you, but do you really need to go taking on cars with bigger engines in an auto 4cyl on your l's/p's!? If you really want to do things to your car, change the aesthetics to your liking, maybe rims, or even a kick ass stereo! I spent money on an awesome stereo for my first car (96' Civic hatch) and it could set off car alarms on just over a quarter of full volume:D

You have timeeeeeeeeeeeeee for it all dude, just be patient! read heaps, this is a great place to learn so much about the car you have and what you can do to it. Then when you know exactly what you want to do, just do it. Forget about what everyone else says!

I haven't slept yet so forgive my rambling :) but good luck to you in any case

Arch

Catcha
11-11-2004, 08:50 AM
With a car like that Euro you won't need to go fast to pull in the attentions of chicks as they would call it. Style class, damn i'm drooling need to get myself one as well, it's nearly sex on wheel. But not quite. But driving a luxury car at such a young age, to me seem to give that impression that it's not your car. You know how cars suit different ages, some people are successful and get a nice car at a young age like a Merc. But imagine seeing a teeager in his 20's rock to uni in a Merc E class . You know it won't be his car it will be there parents car for sure. or there money.

Just take it easy and don't kill yourself before your 25 street racing.
Tell you one thing if you ever do own a fast car you won't race on the street bcause you know you beat most of them and it's a waste of fuel and you value you license more because by then you need it for you job.
Real races are done on track and drags cause it's fair and you get a timeslip in B/W to prove how fast you car is, and it's the safest

but owning a WRX i do value the power on tap to get myself out of sticky situation where as if i had a corolla i wouldn't be here typing. Speed is not everything , there is someone that is going to have more cash to inject to there car to be better than you, so you'll never catch up, as long as you value what you got and don't worry about what others thing, you live a very stress free and happy life

this is not a flaming just some good advice.....you probably won't take it and in a few years time looking back you think i should have listen...i know i did that, we all have to learn the hard way ...happy motoring

viperx
11-11-2004, 11:45 AM
Tell you one thing if you ever do own a fast car you won't race on the street bcause you know you beat most of them and it's a waste of fuel and you value you license more because by then you need it for you job.
Real races are done on track and drags cause it's fair and you get a timeslip in B/W to prove how fast you car is, and it's the safest

but owning a WRX i do value the power on tap to get myself out of sticky situation where as if i had a corolla i wouldn't be here typing. Speed is not everything , there is someone that is going to have more cash to inject to there car to be better than you, so you'll never catch up, as long as you value what you got and don't worry about what others thing, you live a very stress free and happy life

Brilliantly said mate :)

SeraphimX
11-11-2004, 02:35 PM
With a car like that Euro you won't need to go fast to pull in the attentions of chicks as they would call it. Style class, damn i'm drooling need to get myself one as well, it's nearly sex on wheel. But not quite. But driving a luxury car at such a young age, to me seem to give that impression that it's not your car. You know how cars suit different ages, some people are successful and get a nice car at a young age like a Merc. But imagine seeing a teeager in his 20's rock to uni in a Merc E class . You know it won't be his car it will be there parents car for sure. or there money.

Just take it easy and don't kill yourself before your 25 street racing.

this is not a flaming just some good advice.....you probably won't take it and in a few years time looking back you think i should have listen...i know i did that, we all have to learn the hard way ...happy motoring

My friend whose 20 drives an euro AND a 2005 porsche turbo S... I wonder who bought it for him... ;)

Type R Positive
11-11-2004, 03:10 PM
My friend whose 20 drives an euro AND a 2005 porsche turbo S... I wonder who bought it for him... ;) I don't know who brought the cars for him, but, I know I wouldn't be driving the Euro around!!!

Catcha
11-11-2004, 06:15 PM
My friend whose 20 drives an euro AND a 2005 porsche turbo S... I wonder who bought it for him... ;)

I wouldn't be complaining, some people have it all.......if they work hard for it like i think most do they derserve it , but if it's other stuff well.............

SeraphimX
11-11-2004, 06:53 PM
I wouldn't be complaining, some people have it all.......if they work hard for it like i think most do they derserve it , but if it's other stuff well.............

nahhh, hes a slacker, his parents bought them cars for him

Type R Positive
11-11-2004, 11:26 PM
Got my K&N Typhoon cold air intake kit today! :D :D :D

I will have to fit it tomorrow I think. It's a flash red one!

toE
12-11-2004, 12:02 AM
Alright!
Let's keep to the topic.

:)

Speeder
07-12-2004, 01:32 PM
euro is a great car especially for a first car. my first car was a 79 UC torana, sharing it with my bro. :) you are lucky, and stop complaining with the car your given, its an awersome car man, either its your first or your last car.
i think all you need to do at the moment is clean the car at least once a week, during summer, your car gets dirty easier (well at least 4 me) . other then that, basic breathing mods and if you want to lower it, get some decent lowering springs. dont go overboard by slapping on a turbo etc, you will loose so much value on the car, you will be kicking your own head in. you have no money anyway so you have this valuable time to think about what you want to do. you are an student, do what they do best.....STUDY!!!!!
and for beating commys and falcons......stuff em, they are big bold cars, they carry no statement, except for some, but not the typical base model 6, and they are always someone faster then you.
take it easy, safe driving:)