PDA

View Full Version : CAI splash shield

rmalov
15-07-2009, 03:54 PM
got a dc2r with a fujita intake, as u alredy would know the pod sits just in front of the right rim, any1 got any good ideas for something to put there to stop the splash back then it is raining, dont want water to get sucked in,

i was thinking of a icream containtaer or somthing like that to put around the pod lol, they also sell a thing call a hydro shield its like a sock that goes over the pod and apparently it replels water but its expensive to get off ebay.

any good ideas would be apreciated

cheers

kriZy
15-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Also interested to know.

teggiboy
15-07-2009, 04:07 PM
do u still have that plastic piece that goes inside the wheel arch? i know it has to be removed for the CAI to fit, but I cut out a square piece for the pod, therefore it still protects the pod from splash

teggiboy
15-07-2009, 04:10 PM
there is also a waterproof pod made by injen. I remember seeing it for $25USD. I wouldn't put a sheild on it coz that will compensate air flow

rmalov
15-07-2009, 04:10 PM
u talking about the resinator, that air silenceing thing?? yeh i was thinking of that but looks like too much work

i was thinking of a plastic shield that i can clip onto the end of the piping so it covers the pod or something

is there anyfing u can buy that is made for this, besides the bs injen hyrdoshield

kriZy
15-07-2009, 04:18 PM
this is also a good idea against coppers wanting to defect you for having an exposed pod in your hard to find wheel arch.

having something covering it but still sucking cold air would be better.

teggiboy
15-07-2009, 04:25 PM
u talking about the resinator, that air silenceing thing?? yeh i was thinking of that but looks like too much work

i was thinking of a plastic shield that i can clip onto the end of the piping so it covers the pod or something

is there anyfing u can buy that is made for this, besides the bs injen hyrdoshield

nah...not the resinator... that has to come out...i'm talking about he guard inside the wheel arch....

btw, how much did u pay for ur CAI?

rmalov
15-07-2009, 04:26 PM
yeh i think u can get an icebox that can do that and it sits in the engine bay, and runs a hose to the front of the car which sucks cold air into the box, but probly wouldnt be as noisy