PDA

View Full Version : where to rebuild turbos

rfah
16-07-2009, 11:26 PM
Hey guys can someone point me into the direction of where i can get a garrett GT28rs turbo rebuild one of the seals is leaking oil. At a fair price aswell in VIC preferbly in the SE suburbs

B16
17-07-2009, 12:01 PM
Garrett's Australian distributors

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/distributor_locator/australian_distributors.html

TALEB TYRES
17-07-2009, 02:51 PM
try hypergear. They're in Melbourne, i'm sure they can do something for you.

Recently did a hiflow job there and its top notch service and quality/warranty etc.
Was also a third of the price of garrett and from other peoples and tuners experiences, they are just as good.

aimre
23-11-2009, 07:22 PM
Gcg..

g.ta
23-11-2009, 08:00 PM
+1 gcg

na-118
23-11-2009, 08:27 PM
gcg in condell park or precision

1996ek1
06-12-2009, 03:10 PM
think hypergear is around 800 for a hiflow and gcg is around 2g.

obviously the gcg is much better

Limbo
06-12-2009, 03:26 PM
Just a though before rebuilding...

What restrictor are you running on your RS? this can cause leaking of oil.
If you run the proper restrictor you may not need a rebuild depending how bad the turbo is.

Its rare for a seal to break in a turbo unless its been abused.

Lucas
06-12-2009, 07:46 PM
Revzone in Ringwood should be able to help you.
Speak to Justin, tell him Lucas from the Airforce sent you, and he'll look after you :)

Lukezen27
12-12-2009, 10:03 AM
Hey guys can someone point me into the direction of where i can get a garrett GT28rs turbo rebuild one of the seals is leaking oil. At a fair price aswell in VIC preferbly in the SE suburbs

Give me a run down on how/where your turbo's leaking oil?

How olds the turbo?
Feed line size?
Return line size?
Restrictor size?

As Limbo said, the seals don't often brake and its something else creating the problem along the line.

When I first installing my current custom turbo setup I was having all kinds of problems with oil making is way out here and there…

Even with a 1.5mm restrictor there was just too much oil pressure..

Most boosted cars with low comp motors push about 40-45psi of oil pressure hence mosted don't need any oil restrictors at all..

Honda's push like 80-90psi oil pressure and most definitely needs oil restrictions and high flow drainage

Drove my car for months with the oil leaking into the intercooler piping without any real problems.

I’ve since added a 1mm restrictor pre turbo and added size -10 hose and connecters to allow rapid oil drainage.

Since then no oils coming from my turbo anymore