PDA

View Full Version : removing old cluster from cb accord!! asap

Joni
17-07-2009, 12:38 AM
hey guys,
i need info on how to remove te cluster in a cb accord as to my ek it was easy 2 screws and just nudge it out, as to the accord it does not come out only place the 2 screws out but nothing nudged?
cheers guys

hectic_filo
17-07-2009, 10:55 AM
hey guys,
i need info on how to remove te cluster in a cb accord as to my ek it was easy 2 screws and just nudge it out, as to the accord it does not come out only place the 2 screws out but nothing nudged?
cheers guys

i was looking around most of them are for CD accord like mine, have you check honda-tech.com website?

Joni
18-07-2009, 12:02 AM
hey tried doing it today, ended up cracking a few spots 3 small ones that arent visible, honda tech didnt have any info, it did have alot about the model of the car tho, but not how to remove cluster it is in bad condition the revs work, odometer doesnt work so as the kilometres travelled and little icons flash such as the sports mode, brake, hazard and gearbox tho all of them still work perfectly. biggest defect.

CB7_OWNER
18-07-2009, 10:53 PM
see the whole plastic trim that goes around the cluster, and the air vents and the knobs and stuff at the centre console, i think that whole thing has to come off.. well im pretty sure that whole thing has to come off..unless there is a shortcut ..

Eclipsor
18-07-2009, 11:32 PM
Yep. Definitely have to take the entire gauge/heater/stereo surround off. You have to be very careful if you don't want to break it. I've been through 3 of them. From what I remember there are some screws behind the ash tray. A couple above the heater controls. Then you have to take the vents out and there are some behind them. There is one or two behind the light dimmer or possibly some of the other little switches along there. Also check behind the coin tray on the right and inside the vent above it too.

Once that's off its pretty simple. Same as any other cluster. 4 screws holding it in I think.

Have fun.