PDA

View Full Version : DIY 98 Honda Accord Boot Lid Replacement

charles321
17-07-2009, 12:48 PM
Hi,

I just reversed my car into something the other day and dented my boot lid pretty bad and broke a tail light on a 1998 Honda Accord. I have managed to find both parts from Honda wreckers and should be picking them up next week(given the boot is the correct colour etc), anyway i was just posting here to ask for some instructions on how to remove the boot lid and replace with new one.

I think i should be able to do the tail light pretty easy, but after looking at the inside of my boot there are cables and lights etc i'll need to remove and put in new one etc. I want to do it myself if I can and if it isn't too much of a hassle otherwise anyone recommend mechanics/panel beaters around the 3191 area in Victoria.

Thanks in advance
Charles

charles321
19-07-2009, 03:22 PM
bump anyone done anything like this. Is this even in right section?

FAT VTI
22-07-2009, 11:13 AM
Ive replaced a bootlid on a 94 accord.

Was pretty simple mate, just disconnect wires for the light on the licence plate, feed it back through to the base of the car (u have to disconnect these lights), disconnect and feed wires back through the bootlid for the tail lights (where applicable),

unbolt the 2 rails holding the bootlid and then put a new 1 on, restring the wires through the bootlid and then attach clips to lights, bolt lights in .

Not hard, you'll need a mate to help u hold it on, 2 would be better.