PDA

View Full Version : Can a DC2 exhaust fit an EK?

Lerlo
17-07-2009, 03:05 PM
Was wondering if a DC2 exhaust can fit an ek, as in the bends on the exhaust after the cat and before the muffler be able to fit in an EK?

90LAN
17-07-2009, 03:20 PM
the b pipe can fit
axle back no

Limbo
17-07-2009, 03:45 PM
dc mufflers are too long for eks

Lerlo
18-07-2009, 02:09 AM
dc mufflers are too long for eks

Yup...I know its too long, I just want the cat back flange to the axle back flange.
Thanks!

Mugen Civic
18-07-2009, 02:28 AM
Just want to expand on this,
is the axle back too long for a EK sedan?

90LAN
18-07-2009, 08:20 AM
Just want to expand on this,
is the axle back too long for a EK sedan?

no it will fit
slightly short

eg5civic
18-07-2009, 06:31 PM
thread hijack but ek catback to eg

what needs shortening/lengthening

90LAN
18-07-2009, 06:48 PM
thread hijack but ek catback to eg

what needs shortening/lengthening

most eg/ek systems will fit each other

but some ek systems are slightly longer
some just need a slight mod like a inch or 2 taken of the lenght to fit a eg

both systems are for hatch too

eg5civic
18-07-2009, 07:47 PM
sweet

thanks lan, your just an encyclopedia of honda

Anwyl
25-07-2009, 02:50 AM
yeah ns he da man he help me with a similar question as well haha

Eddie
27-07-2009, 11:40 AM
is the dc2 b pipe direct fit with the stock or after market axle back?

Anyone know?

after an b pipe

EK1.6LCIV
27-07-2009, 11:52 AM
for the effort, just get a local shop make up a proper 'legal' system :)
none of the half assed junk I see under some cars lol

at best cat back would be $350 up, for a new system built by professionals

90LAN
27-07-2009, 03:52 PM

no after market exhaust is legal from the exhaust shop
cops see any fart cannon on the back they can defect you

as itr is alot better quality than any cheap mild steel exhaust you can be made up for cheap
that rust after a few years
and cannot be interchange able with other exhaust as it custom
and has stupid 2 bolt flanges in its designs

itr exhaust are perfect fit and made of stainless
cant go wrong for power and quietness
and is legal

90LAN
27-07-2009, 03:53 PM
[QUOTE=Eddie;2369358]is the dc2 b pipe direct fit with the stock or after market axle back?

yes to stock muffler
NO to after market
some jdm axle backs fit with out mods

mr180sx
27-07-2009, 05:11 PM
say no to fart canons and crappy mild steel.:thumbdwn:

Is that what you have Ryan a $350 exhaust system built by professionals:thumbsup:

EK1.6LCIV
28-07-2009, 11:43 AM
lol as opposed to rienhart systems that sound like a vl at full speed leaving logan with a chopped off exhuast and missing a cat, lol

op get a local shop to make a cs system, stainless is a waste, and is more reserved for active track users or the hard parked...

cops go off a db meter, Ive been tested several times by the epa and police at a few meets, my exhuast shop does an honest/legal job and have been working with all types of cars from run of the mill locals all the way to porsches and lamborghinis, dont back yard it whatever you do, waste of time, lol

90LAN
28-07-2009, 03:54 PM
how is oem stainless exhaust a back yard job
made by honda ?
the dc2r comes stainless from the factory
no mild steel crap from the factory

mr180sx
28-07-2009, 04:27 PM
What does the reinhard system have to do with this thread. OP wanted to know if the dc2r exhaust fits onto his car and your rambling on about other exhausts.

BTW i would take a high flowing reinhard system over your piece of crap sounding car anyday!:D:thumbsup:

lol as opposed to rienhart systems that sound like a vl at full speed leaving logan with a chopped off exhuast and missing a cat, lol

op get a local shop to make a cs system, stainless is a waste, and is more reserved for active track users or the hard parked...

cops go off a db meter, Ive been tested several times by the epa and police at a few meets, my exhuast shop does an honest/legal job and have been working with all types of cars from run of the mill locals all the way to porsches and lamborghinis, dont back yard it whatever you do, waste of time, lol

ef yu
28-07-2009, 04:35 PM
whats a reinhart? ive never heard of it? ive only heard of reinhard

EK1.6LCIV
29-07-2009, 07:54 AM
What does the reinhard system have to do with this thread. OP wanted to know if the dc2r exhaust fits onto his car and your rambling on about other exhausts.

BTW i would take a high flowing reinhard system over your piece of crap sounding car anyday!:D:thumbsup:

may as well have a $15,ooo cheque ready for the epa with you at all times with your free flow crap

the dc2r exhaust is a waste of time, it wont work straight up... it will look crap, not meet emissions, what more do you want to hear, some people arent hard parked and like legal designs...

mr180sx
29-07-2009, 09:02 AM
Im running a mugen street exhaust on mine so if your referring to me being hardparked with the reinhard then think again.

My brother is running the reinhard and drives it daily. Of course he drives it with a silencer and will pass EPA anyday.

You should go back to dreaming about putting a b series engine into your car because all i see is talk and not much doing, unless buying a rocker cover is doing a conversion!;):thumbsup:

may as well have a $15,ooo cheque ready for the epa with you at all times with your free flow crap

the dc2r exhaust is a waste of time, it wont work straight up... it will look crap, not meet emissions, what more do you want to hear, some people arent hard parked and like legal designs...

EK1.6LCIV
29-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Im running a mugen street exhaust on mine so if your referring to me being hardparked with the reinhard then think again.

My brother is running the reinhard and drives it daily. Of course he drives it with a silencer and will pass EPA anyday.

You should go back to dreaming about putting a b series engine into your car because all i see is talk and not much doing, unless buying a rocker cover is doing a conversion!;):thumbsup:

epa is not noise mate, its emissions co2, he will get done, only matter of time lol

rather continue going os more often than waste any more on an engine atm tbch lol

90LAN
29-07-2009, 04:53 PM

it is stock from honda and has been adr approved
so how would honda not be able to pass emissions and noise ?

eg/ek/dc2 share the same floor plan

i would rather oem muffler than a fart cannon any day

ef yu
29-07-2009, 08:19 PM
im worried about other things then just emissions and noise LOL?

epa is not noise mate, its emissions co2, he will get done, only matter of time lol

rather continue going os more often than waste any more on an engine atm tbch lol

mr180sx
29-07-2009, 08:20 PM
hahaha. Thats just excuses. Why say your going to do things when your not. Then again, it is ozhonda.

All talk no show!:thumbsup:

EGJOE
01-08-2009, 06:21 AM
After the catylic converter has nothing to do with emission control. Emmissions controls all got to do with tune, egr valves, catyic converter, pcv etc not exhaust piping after catylic converter. Rest of the system only effects sound and flow.

A cat works by heating up so hot it burns excess fumes, so if your using an a stock cat its gotta meet epa.

EKTYPR
03-08-2009, 10:39 AM
just wondering...would my zetti performance exhaust from catback produce just as much power on a dc2r setup as the exhaust used on the dc2r???
cheers

90LAN
03-08-2009, 03:56 PM
just wondering...would my zetti performance exhaust from catback produce just as much power on a dc2r setup as the exhaust used on the dc2r???
cheers

not really you have a d series
more noise than power

Killa From Manila
03-08-2009, 04:04 PM

the half assed junk u see under some cars came from local exhaust shops complete with welds that look like a yr 10 manual arts student did. and lmao at a stock dc2r exhaust not meeting emmisions. do u make up ur own facts? btw i saw ur car at sunnybank yesterday, u stopped at some lights then took off revving it to like 5-6k...i hope my car doesnt sound like that

mr180sx
03-08-2009, 05:21 PM
hahaha. He wanted to show you what his professionally installed $350 exhaust sounds like. ;):thumbsup:

the half assed junk u see under some cars came from local exhaust shops complete with welds that look like a yr 10 manual arts student did. and lmao at a stock dc2r exhaust not meeting emmisions. do u make up ur own facts? btw i saw ur car at sunnybank yesterday, u stopped at some lights then took off revving it to like 5-6k...i hope my car doesnt sound like that

Anwyl
03-08-2009, 09:52 PM
lol this has gone off topic since I last was here...though I'm pretty noob when it comes to cars even I know emission control stops at the cat :)