PDA

View Full Version : Power Windows

riruiz_88
18-07-2009, 09:39 AM
im having problems only with my passenger side window. i have done as much research as i can do, even found a honda shop manual for my car. i have been fault finding nearly everything by the shop manual and even more.

switches are electrically fine (good), putting battery power straight to to the window motor (good), made sure that looms in the door are securely connected (good), fuses (good), power window relay continuity (good).
although the 2 cables coloured Blue/Green and Blue/White that lead from the drivers side door to the passenger side door are not gettin continuity?

i am so buzzed out about this problem, although i must say that when i was installing my sound system i had to go through the door conduit for my speakers from my amp. and the way i did it was bring the door connector connectors into the door it self. rather than having 1 connector out side the door and the other connector inside the door, the door frame being sandwiched by both connectors. well what i was getting at, do you think the weather could be a contribution because the rubber covers for each connector are not covering the connectors much?
although my power mirrors (passenger) are working fine, which leads my to beleive somethin else is goin on.

does anybody have ideas what could be goin on?

markoJEK1
19-07-2009, 08:12 AM
How did you test if the switch was 'electrically fine' ? If motor does not initiate when you operate switch but works when you by-pass it, switch is at fault..

riruiz_88
19-07-2009, 11:20 AM
i did a continuity test for the passenger and driver side switches. i used the honda shop manual for this, and i came up with the readings it says in there. but i will test them again just to double check.

OMG.JAI xD
19-07-2009, 12:23 PM
Is your side mirrors working?

I remember doing some work on my old eg, and found 2 wires of the same colour and pattern.

Mix it around and youll have one or the other not working. Or your side mirrors only goes up or down.

Or it could be something as simple as connectors being in the wrong sockets.

riruiz_88
19-07-2009, 12:32 PM
yes the passenger side mirror works fine, you cant really make the connections in the wrong sockets as its all oem wiring.
although yesterday when i parked the car for the night, i left the master switch at off position. i wanted to see what would happen, now the window works all good but im still not convinced that the problem is fixed. i didnt play with the mirror for to long as i didnt want it to get stuck being open again.

if anyone in QLD could help me out with fault finding, would greatly appreciate it.