PDA

View Full Version : great service at Honda Springwood

clayton4115
19-07-2009, 02:20 PM
I took my car into Springwood (Highway Honda) on the southside of brisbane for a minor service (80k service) but the car has only done 38k

and after the service the service advisor told me "you shouldnt really bother coming in to do a service even though 6 months have past since your last service, bc you have only done 3000 kms", he contined "you are just throwing money away and the oil in the car is still new", he then said "see you in 12 months time"!

he said has the car is past its warranty and now you dont need to come in every six mths, but if your car is less than three years old you must do the service every 6 months.

wow was i wrapped! because i do very few kms per 6 mths he told me i can skip the 6 monthly service.

in addition they also vacuumed and washed my car and a minor service all for $140! great work, exceptional service!

:thumbsup:

hisoka
19-07-2009, 02:29 PM
lol how was ure service 140 bucks.

sretocz
19-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Sure they are good, but they are expensive aswell.

shadou
19-07-2009, 02:33 PM
that's great, nice to see there are some customer orientated service advisers still, a lot are more profit orientated as they get a slice of the cake if they exceed sales marks.

clayton4115
19-07-2009, 03:01 PM
expensive? not when you have paid $550 for a major service!

shadou
19-07-2009, 03:04 PM
$140 for a minor (oil + filter) is a really good price, not even I get that and I used to work for one of them.

tony1234
19-07-2009, 05:59 PM
I took my car into Springwood (Highway Honda) on the southside of brisbane for a minor service (80k service) but the car has only done 38k

and after the service the service advisor told me "you shouldnt really bother coming in to do a service even though 6 months have past since your last service, bc you have only done 3000 kms", he contined "you are just throwing money away and the oil in the car is still new", he then said "see you in 12 months time"!

he said has the car is past its warranty and now you dont need to come in every six mths, but if your car is less than three years old you must do the service every 6 months.

wow was i wrapped! because i do very few kms per 6 mths he told me i can skip the 6 monthly service.

in addition they also vacuumed and washed my car and a minor service all for $140! great work, exceptional service!

:thumbsup:
I heard they won overall excellence award from Honda for Qld.:thumbsup:

Eclipsor
19-07-2009, 08:33 PM
Definitely the best honda dealer I've been to in Brisbane. Only talking about the parts dept though.

Blue Ribbon out at ipswich have been good the couple of times I've been there too. They have the longest hours on Sat too.

.k.
19-07-2009, 09:06 PM
farr.. my minor service 10k was like 200 from honda @ toowong!

sirdistik
20-07-2009, 10:17 PM
are you sure they changed the oil and filter?
OR did the vacuum and wash cost you $140?

OMG.JAI xD
20-07-2009, 10:59 PM
Bit of advertising going on here?

I understand the service quality and all but..when price is being put into the equation. Its abit of a comparison to other dealers is it not?

Hmm. Well lucky you dealt with a good service advisor.

btw. Dont think this belongs in the civic section. More like a lounge thread.

clayton4115
22-07-2009, 12:10 PM
are you serious when you ask me that q sirdistik?

ktvin09
23-07-2009, 12:28 PM
I understand where you're coming from OMG.JAI xD, but as long as its a genuine sharing of info it's good for the Honda community.

I'm from Sydney and I have just done my 20K service at Hornsby Honda. I went there because I got a cheaper quote at $211 (comparing with Scott Artarmon Honda which quoted me at around $290). However I must say the service hasn't been the best, among other things they swapped the front wheels with the rear wheels for the tyre threads to be better and more evenly wear out. That's fine, except after the service the car won't go straight anymore, there's a wheel aligment issue which they said it is normal after a wheel swap and I will have to pay $78 to have it fixed. Or they said "they can swap the wheels back to the original position for free and they problem will be gone". I chose the latter option and the car still pull to the left when the steering wheel is dead straight, i mean quite abit to the left.

I call them later that day and explained to the guy that I didn't expect new problems to arise after a genuine Honda service, and that they should have give me a more expensive quote in the first place which covers a wheel alignment process which they knew is bound to happen. The guy said come in on Monday 8:30am and I will do a wheel alignment for you for free.

I went in 8:45am and the guy said they can do it for $45, I just had enough arguments and decided that I will pay them. He said come pick up the car at 1pm. I was like, if it takes that much time why didn't u tell me on the phone this morning? (I called him beforehand to confirm the appointment that morning). And why didn't you ask me to come in at 11pm or sth?

Anyway, this is just my little experience and I'm sure there are many similar or worse expereince out there.

Philip Lee
23-07-2009, 12:34 PM
....That's fine, except after the service the car won't go straight anymore, there's a wheel aligment issue which they said it is normal after a wheel swap and I will have to pay $78 to have it fixed. Or they said "they can swap the wheels back to the original position for free and they problem will be gone". I chose the latter option and the car still pull to the left when the steering wheel is dead straight, i mean quite abit to the left.

these are purely BS. swapping wheels should not change alignment and they probably have done something they shouldn't.

i'd personally never go back to this dealer.

i'd demand to get the dealer to fix it for free. if i have to pay for alignment, i wouldn't go to the dealers.

OMG.JAI xD
23-07-2009, 05:06 PM
these are purely BS. swapping wheels should not change alignment and they probably have done something they shouldn't.

i'd personally never go back to this dealer.

i'd demand to get the dealer to fix it for free. if i have to pay for alignment, i wouldn't go to the dealers.

Having different tyres on the front than the rears can change alignment.

Even though if they are the same tyre sizes all round, it doesnt mean the diameter is the same.

You can have one tyre with 8mm tread brand new, and another with 9mm. Both having the same tyre sizes. xxx/xx/rxx

If an alignment was carried out with 3mm in the front and 7mm in the rear there is a 4mm difference in diameter.
Rotating that will lift the front by 4mm and lower the rear by 4mm.

Youd think this wont effect anything. But it does.
I aligned my car with 195/55 all round. I changed to 215/45 in the fronts only.
Aligned it perfectly with 195/55 in the rear and 215/45 in the front.

Everything in spec, the steering wheel is off to the left.
I change the rears to 215/45, the steering wheel corrects it self.

But between those tyres there are a 15 or so mm difference. But the steering was nearly 45 degrees out.

Ive had cars come in the dealership with abs/esp light coming on constantly cause they had one different tyre on one wheel.

195/55 with 240 treadwear is different to 195/55 with 280 tread wear. Those are just rating numbers, but most of the time it does indicate how much tread they have. It alters the overall diameter by a c4nt hair.

ktvin09
23-07-2009, 06:26 PM
That's what the honda man told me, that after a wheel swap, the change of thread in tyre would cause a pulling effect. Oh well, what's done is done, it's just that they should have included a wheel alignment in the service in the first place, even if they give me a higher quote.

I won't go back to that dealer that's for sure :P

Philip Lee
23-07-2009, 09:58 PM
I'd assume we're talking about stock wheels/tyres with identical front and rear on same km travel on each of 4 tyres.

Being same size on the same axle, I wouldn't think there will be substantial diff when they swap from front and back. All 4 tyres won't wear the same rate but certainly not enough to make the car to make the car to pull to 1 side substantially.

Sherweeeny
25-07-2009, 03:34 PM
I won't go back to that dealer that's for sure :P

one time my dads old crv went into service at hornsby, and came out missing the honda sticker on the rear wheel cover...

i mean what the f*ck? talk about random AND dodgy.

ive never had any issues with artarmon and would highly recommend them, and im more than happy to pay a bit of an excess for this... $20 for piece of mind works for me.

ktvin09
26-07-2009, 01:30 PM
one time my dads old crv went into service at hornsby, and came out missing the honda sticker on the rear wheel cover...

i mean what the f*ck? talk about random AND dodgy.

ive never had any issues with artarmon and would highly recommend them, and im more than happy to pay a bit of an excess for this... $20 for piece of mind works for me.

Cheers mate, I'll go to Artarmon next time :)