PDA

View Full Version : who can do the CHEAPEST engine conversion

norm84
20-07-2009, 04:57 PM
hey ppls, just wondering who does the cheapest engine conversions. iv got a my eg4 twin carbi, wanting to go b16.

if you have a friend, or have a friend of friend, or its someones cousins brothers mothers uncles step brother that does its can you please tell me the details..

if you read this and you can do it, please PM me with a price, location and how long it would take to do

thanks

damienm
20-07-2009, 04:58 PM
it would help to know which state youre in :)

norm84
20-07-2009, 04:59 PM
shit.... my bad.. from sydney

thanks man

geeang
20-07-2009, 05:01 PM
Judging by your signature, this is bad news......

PM fatboyz39 or Benson.

norm84
20-07-2009, 05:04 PM
lol dont worry man. i aint a hoon. sig was done cus i was bored. iv had my street hoon days when i had my GTO tt and GTR.

thanks for the details..

kcokla
20-07-2009, 05:14 PM
pm benjamin

teh_mechanic
20-07-2009, 05:29 PM
bein a carb engine to efi engine remember who ever does it will be factoring in $$$ for the carb to efi conversion, not a fun job

bennjamin
20-07-2009, 05:49 PM
bein a carb engine to efi engine remember who ever does it will be factoring in $$$ for the carb to efi conversion, not a fun job

exactly right. EFI conversion adds parts and labour to the cost....which even backyard rates wont be cheap.
IF it was a simple EFI to EFI conversion , easy.

dinorider
20-07-2009, 10:32 PM
I suggest you don't do a carby to efi conversion. Cos if you do go ahead, you're in for a world of pain. There's just too much to swap out as the entire fuel system and lines all need to be swapped.

MWAKU
20-07-2009, 11:00 PM
sell it buy an efi

Limbo
21-07-2009, 06:13 PM
i'd recommend decent price from a decent installer, not cheapest.

Your gonna end up with more problems going cheap, and will prb cost u more in the long run

norm84
21-07-2009, 06:36 PM
what kind of probs we talking about??

90LAN
21-07-2009, 07:03 PM
like always you get what you pay for

look save yourself the hassles and head aches
buy the eg with a b16a already on it here for 7k
or any other eg with a b16a for that matter

and sell the sad excuse of a mistake honda did by releasing the carby models of egs

mr180sx
21-07-2009, 07:07 PM
Nicely said!

^^This man knows his shit!!:thumbsup:

hondar
21-07-2009, 07:30 PM
you should ask who can do the neatest /best engine conversion. it can be cheap now but it sure will add on if you dont do it properly.

plus ask the installer can give after sales support just in case something happen.

go 90lan way... the law is getting tighter. u sure dont want to spend all your money paying for pain you can avoid

SHOGUNOVDDRK
21-07-2009, 07:32 PM
Dutch Auctions won't be any help to you.

Your Budget vs the install/after support is the key.

Give the usuals a Pm and see what you get.

For me, Ben is my mechanic and he will remain the only to touch my car other then a select few.

90LAN
21-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Dutch Auctions won't be any help to you.

Your Budget vs the install/after support is the key.

Give the usuals a Pm and see what you get.

For me, Ben is my mechanic and he will remain the only to touch my car other then a select few.

get the engine and the correct parts needed for the conversion
to start off with
then your half way to a good easy hassle free conversion
this saves money and time

and makes both parties happy time wise

lloyd how hard is it to work a carby motor like yours lol

SHOGUNOVDDRK
21-07-2009, 07:55 PM
lloyd how hard is it to work a carby motor like yours lol

You're correct in the above Lan.

It really depends man what you mean by 'work' Lan, When it comes to working on my car its fun, not fun because its like going through a super happy fun slide but because the cars in such shit shape its fun.

My cars engine is fun from stock, its slow in comparison to many things (I should know, I'm always the test pilot of my mates cars) but still fun where you want it.

Doing the basic things such as a Devac (removing vacuum lines) and webers will help the engine perform better (haha- GG fuel economy)

If you mean something more aggressive like a B16 swap, some people have no issue, some complain its a headache, some throw the towel in and leave older school forever.

IMO prep is the key to any conversion, have everything ready if you want it done pronto, do it once, do it right.

Having this car has tought me that.

I personally don't plan to touch the engine (touch = remove and replace) untill I know I have every-single-little-bit-I-need but hell, thats me.

/ends old school modding spam

p.s to the OP, EG EFI conversions aren't too costly these days on Ozhonda (IF you can find one)

Example:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114476

TONTON
21-07-2009, 08:15 PM
Just sell the car and buy an EG already with a B16a...

ROCK ON

R~R