PDA

View Full Version : Engine Swap On EG Civic 94'

WalkerCivic
20-07-2009, 07:02 PM
Hi All,

I need a little advice. I own a 94 Model Honda Civic EG sedan, It has currently got the stock 1.5L SOHC (D15B7) Engine in it.
Im wanting to change that engine as it has very little power low rpm and high rpm to something with a bit more of a boost! My only dilemma is that whatever Engine I upgrade to, it needs to be suitable with an Automatic Transmission cause my partner also drives the car and she can only drive auto.
I've been recommended that the B20 2.0L Non-Vtec CRV Engine is a good swap into my Civic, any pointers?
I was quoted to get the B20 Engine put in my car with an Integra Auto Transmission about $3800

I Appreciate All Advice.

Thanks,

Chris.

kcokla
20-07-2009, 07:20 PM
id suggest doubling your money , keep your car stock for your partner, buy another eg shell, and go for it in manual, that way youll enjoy driving alot more

SHOGUNOVDDRK
20-07-2009, 07:22 PM
+1 What KC said.

IMO teach your partner to drive a manual :p

though to be serious, a auto D16 boosted is still somewhat fun, less fun then manual but fun none-the-less

bennjamin
20-07-2009, 07:31 PM
guys - the car NEEDS to be auto. His partner drives it too.

What i suggest....is to sell the car. Buy a integra GSi in auto. Its a decent increase andyou should pick up one around the same price as selling your current car

Q_ball
20-07-2009, 07:34 PM
^ Ditto to the above!

WalkerCivic
20-07-2009, 08:01 PM
Yeah that sounds alright though a little pointless as I would get more power from doing the B20 Conversion in the Civic With the GSI Auto Transmission, then to buy a 1.8L GSI Integra For 5k+ and with many K's on the clock, The B20 Motor I was quoted has 80,000K's on it.

Q_ball
20-07-2009, 08:07 PM
Read this then,
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47020

Covers all swaps into the EG.
Its just a matter of you finding an auto setup to drop in there versus the manual.

|N|
20-07-2009, 08:13 PM
save the hard work.. get a car that has the power ur happy with...

P.S. power is not everything ...

WalkerCivic
20-07-2009, 08:16 PM
save the hard work.. get a car that has the power ur happy with...

P.S. power is not everything ...

power is not everything? no. but drive my little 1.5L civic and you'll soon find out that you want nothing but power.

|N|
20-07-2009, 08:18 PM
power is not everything? no. but drive my little 1.5L civic and you'll soon find out that you want nothing but power.

it comes down to wat u want out of it...

and i dun need to drive ur car to know.. i ve had a slow civic b4...

WalkerCivic
20-07-2009, 08:31 PM
Read this then,
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47020

Covers all swaps into the EG.
Its just a matter of you finding an auto setup to drop in there versus the manual.

Yea thanks for that, It was helpful to me, I would like to know what auto setup I can use cause I havent been able to find anything much.

jords
20-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Pay for manual driving lessons, if you want something thats zippy then your best off having a manual gear box so you can drive it properly.

WalkerCivic
20-07-2009, 09:01 PM
Pay for manual driving lessons, if you want something thats zippy then your best off having a manual gear box so you can drive it properly.

As I said I was after something with a bit more power, and as I also mentioned my partner drives auto.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
20-07-2009, 09:01 PM
I know of a rare Auto B18C gearbox in australia if that would be a nudge in a good direction

WalkerCivic
20-07-2009, 11:04 PM
I know of a rare Auto B18C gearbox in australia if that would be a nudge in a good direction

That would definitely be a nudge in a great direction, dude do you know where I can get my hands on one?

90LAN
20-07-2009, 11:35 PM
you will also need the auto loom and ecu to suit
so too much effort and money
better to spent your conversion money on...

a holden commodore
rwd, 99 % are autos , has a v6 so heaps of power
and plenty of room as its a great family car

and dirt cheap to buy too

WalkerCivic
21-07-2009, 12:52 PM
so too much effort and money
better to spent your conversion money on...

a holden commodore
rwd, 99 % are autos , has a v6 so heaps of power
and plenty of room as its a great family car

and dirt cheap to buy too

No way dude im not down grading to a commowhore!
I love my Honda!

SHOGUNOVDDRK
21-07-2009, 05:48 PM
That would definitely be a nudge in a great direction, dude do you know where I can get my hands on one?

I will get in touch with my mate in Victoria.

I'm honestly not too sure if it has all of the above though, I will be in touch wtih my mate :thumbsup:

WalkerCivic
21-07-2009, 08:25 PM
I will get in touch with my mate in Victoria.

I'm honestly not too sure if it has all of the above though, I will be in touch wtih my mate :thumbsup:

Thanks heaps, I appreciate it.