PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane - Brake Light Mod Group DIY Day

Philip Lee
09-11-2004, 11:44 AM
continue from the post regarding brake lights mod:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11456

DavidLing and i will be doing the mod together. if anyone wants to join us, please reply here.

time: currently schedued for Saturday morning 10:00am 27 November 2004.

place: 84 Crompton Road Underwood (behind Metalcorp). it's my mate's warehouse. he's got tools and enough space to work under a roof.

parts needed for the mod:
33513-SAA-003 $15.60 each & u'll need 2
http://hondafit-web.hp.infoseek.co.jp/diy/lump/lump01/lump_09.JPG

2 light bulbs to suit the above.

I have placed an order for this part with Highway Honda in Springwood. they don't have any on the shelf & require full payment before they will order from Melb. Southside Honda does not require payment in advance and the price is cheaper. please order the parts well advance as it can take days to get here.

people who have confirmed attendence:
DavidLing;
vtc - Please bring drill;
brightboyfree;
kin;
NeuroX;
Kuso;
Superlover;
Philip Lee.

if you have any suggestion, feel free to post.

DavidLing
09-11-2004, 12:00 PM
I just called Southside Honda, and they sell it $13.12 each (cheaper then Highway Honda, and the guys told me that is a Honda recommend price) So if other ppl wanna order this part, better order form Southside honda!

And i have made an order from them, they said they have only 1 in Melbourne, so need to order the other one form Japan. It take around 10-12 working days to get it!

If anyone want it, please let me or Philip know! Or you can order by yourself:
Southside Honda: 3249 6477

Philip Lee
09-11-2004, 12:04 PM
David, does Sthside Honda needs to pay upfront b4 they order?? if not, then i'll get them from them.

thanks
Philip

DavidLing
09-11-2004, 12:12 PM
No, I don't need to pay upfront to southside honda! That is really good!! :thumbsup:

By the way, what kind of light blub i need??

Philip Lee
09-11-2004, 12:29 PM
Super Cheap or Autobarn or Repco should have them. i'm not sure which type so i'll buy them when i got that part from Honda.

DavidLing
09-11-2004, 12:50 PM
How much does the light blub cost form Honda???

Philip Lee
09-11-2004, 01:11 PM
no idea..... must be > than places like Super Cheap

vtc
09-11-2004, 03:21 PM
Can Civics come along? haha And do you guys know what your doing?

Philip Lee
09-11-2004, 03:45 PM
of cos u can come along and give us a hand.

well i kinda know what we're doing. i have installed a pair of park sensors, this shouldn't be too hard.

vtc
09-11-2004, 04:00 PM
I wanna do it on my car as wel.. do you have an article for civics or what part? if different do i need

Philip Lee
09-11-2004, 04:07 PM
sorry mate, i haven't found anything for civics so i can't be for sure.

but i guess the principle should works the same......

petrovski
09-11-2004, 04:14 PM
my mum has a 6th gen civic and it can be done to hers, had a look at it after doing mine.

i assume you can do it to the 7th gen ones as well!

vtc - as long as you have all the same parts and tools you can do it i guess, i dont know what an ek civic is bc i dont know civic codes but if you have an empty red spot in your lights i guess you can do it just check to see if you have a free spot like the pic below

http://hondafit-web.hp.infoseek.co.jp/diy/lump/lump_01.JPG

Pete :)

Philip Lee
09-11-2004, 04:37 PM
EK:
http://www.pakfeifercanada.com/bodykits/civic_ek4_1.jpg

brightboyfree
09-11-2004, 06:28 PM
I just called Southside Honda, and they sell it $13.12 each (cheaper then Highway Honda, and the guys told me that is a Honda recommend price) So if other ppl wanna order this part, better order form Southside honda!

And i have made an order from them, they said they have only 1 in Melbourne, so need to order the other one form Japan. It take around 10-12 working days to get it!

If anyone want it, please let me or Philip know! Or you can order by yourself:
Southside Honda: 3249 6477

Could you get that for me too ;) ....If u can, I'll be there...... :thumbsup:

DavidLing
09-11-2004, 09:17 PM
Could you get that for me too ;) ....If u can, I'll be there...... :thumbsup:

Hi, brightboyfree, i just sent a pm to Philip to ask about delay the DIY Day, coz' the staff from Honda said it will take 10-12 working days to get it from Japan. Even i ordered it in this moring, i don't think i can get it before 20 Nov. I think we should set a deadline for ordering, let say this Saturday (13 Nov), so that Philip and I can know the total number of the parts that we need.

By the way, i saw your Jazz last week outside Domino's Pizza (opposit to Garden City one). You Jazz is really COOL :thumbsup: , espically that 3 meters! And this is my first time i saw a Jazz with different body kit! And the stickers are very match your car too!!

kin
09-11-2004, 10:24 PM
I just had a look at the back of the car today, i dont think u need to take the rear bumper off for this job. I can alredy see the plastic hole from just taking off the cover from inside the boot. looks like u need a right angle drill or a flexible drill to do it. i ordered the bulb holder today from southside too ..the salesman was suprise i am the 2nd person today to look for this part and ask wat we want it for :) anyway ..im going to drill it this weekend after exams finish and let u guys know if it works.

DavidLing
09-11-2004, 10:40 PM
Ha ha! the saleman asked me the same question too when i order it today. I think more and more ppl will ring them, and give them more suprise!! ha ha!!

Kin, are u going to drill it without take out the whole tail light box (i mean taking off the cover from inside the boot and drill it from there) ??? i don't think it is easy to drill in that way, coz' u need to sit inside the boot and drill it from a diffiuclt angle! But anyway, if u success, please let me know~! Thanks!!

kin
09-11-2004, 11:11 PM
yeh i'm going to drill from inside the boot. or else like u guys said, u have to take off the rear bumber to take the lights out which seems like alot of trouble. only thing with drilling from the boot is like u said.. a difficult angle so u need a drill with flexible attachment..i'll let u knww how it goes

brightboyfree
09-11-2004, 11:21 PM
Hi, brightboyfree, i just sent a pm to Philip to ask about delay the DIY Day, coz' the staff from Honda said it will take 10-12 working days to get it from Japan. Even i ordered it in this moring, i don't think i can get it before 20 Nov. I think we should set a deadline for ordering, let say this Saturday (13 Nov), so that Philip and I can know the total number of the parts that we need.

By the way, i saw your Jazz last week outside Domino's Pizza (opposit to Garden City one). You Jazz is really COOL :thumbsup: , espically that 3 meters! And this is my first time i saw a Jazz with different body kit! And the stickers are very match your car too!!

BTW, I was the person who gave you the adv. to sell the vti-s body kit too... :p

DavidLing
10-11-2004, 12:13 AM
BTW, I was the person who gave you the adv. to sell the vti-s body kit too... :p

Oh ic! i guess so!!! :D

Actually, i wanted to stand near your car and have a good look of the inside, but a girl (i guess is your gf) walked toward to the car, so I stoped!! he he :p

Hey, brightboyfree, if u want to order that part, i think u better order by yourself (like Kin, he ordered by himself). or you may tell Philip (i know he didn't order yet). Coz' i already made the order, i think it is quite trouble for the honda salemans to update the order~! (i guess they already sent my order to Japan already) sorry about that!!

DavidLing
10-11-2004, 12:31 AM
yeh i'm going to drill from inside the boot. or else like u guys said, u have to take off the rear bumber to take the lights out which seems like alot of trouble.

to get the rear bar off if you have a vtis you dont need to take the rear spoiler off! there is just a couple of screws and those pull out tabs and it 'snaps off'.

According to the message from Pete, he said no need to take the rear spoiler off, I think he means rear spoiler is equal to the rear bumber. But i have no idea about what is rear bar, i will ask Philip and Pete again~!

kuso
10-11-2004, 12:39 AM
Man I wish I can do it as well.... I got exams till the 20th.. and right now im studying nearly like every hour of the day....

I don't have time right now to go and even order parts :(

Brightboyfree: you dont use msn no more ? cos dont see u online these days - maybe just cos i come on late cos i study all the day and night

DavidLing
10-11-2004, 12:54 AM
According to the message from Pete, he said no need to take the rear spoiler off, I think he means rear spoiler is equal to the rear bumber. But i have no idea about what is rear bar, i will ask Philip and Pete again~!

I got confirm that rear bar means rear bumper!! That is a big big trouble if need to take a bumper off for just getting the tail lights!!

DavidLing
10-11-2004, 01:03 AM
Man I wish I can do it as well.... I got exams till the 20th.. and right now im studying nearly like every hour of the day....

I think we may need to delay the DIY day because we all need to get parts from Japan. It take 10-12 working days! (i think i am the first one to order that past, the saleman told me that only 1 left in Melb, and the other one they help me to order from Japan) So Kuso, u may have time to do it together with us! But u need to order it by yourself. Just a 1 min call, u can make it right!! he he!!

I will talk with philip again to confirm the actual date!!
(p.s. This is the chance that all Jass owners can meet up together!! ha ha)

DavidLing
10-11-2004, 01:12 AM
Actually, before we do this mod. i think we need the basic skills: e.g.
1. how to take the rear bumper off?
2. how to conect the wires for the car to the new light blub?
3. Which light blub that we need?
4. Which wires that we need?

I think we need at least one person who has these skill and knowledge during the DIY day. Otherwise we all in troubles.

Do anyone who has these skill and knowledge can help us during the day? I know Philip knows how to take the rear bar off, coz' he mention that he took it off when he install the reverse senser!

brightboyfree
10-11-2004, 03:17 AM

Brightboyfree: you dont use msn no more ? cos dont see u online these days - maybe just cos i come on late cos i study all the day and night

I'm being exam week, that's y didn't online (MSN)......may be see you after exam....myexam finish this week.... :thumbsup: good luck to your exam...

brightboyfree
10-11-2004, 03:19 AM
Hi Philip, could you order that for me too, please......... :D

Philip Lee
10-11-2004, 09:25 AM
ok the date has changed to 27th Nov to suit everyone.

just want to clear a few things:

1. it is required (and probably easier) to remove the rear bumper. basically there is a metal clip at the bottom of the lights to hold them tight. without removing the bumper you can't get to them. it's probably easier to make mistake if you drill with the lights still on the car and will probably be messy;

2. David, with your concerns:
- how to take the rear bumper off? i haven't done it to my Jazz before but there're only a few screws. we will find out alone the way, it can't be that hard.
- how to conect the wires for the car to the new light blub? this bit i've done b4 for the park sensor so no problem;
- Which light blub that we need? when we got that thingy off Honda, i'll go to Autobarn and buy a few;
- Which wires that we need? just normal wires will do, pick them up at Bunnings.

bbf, pls refer to my 1st post re part ordering.

looking forward to see you guys.

kin
10-11-2004, 05:29 PM
hey guys
i decided to drill it just then ...very easy, only took 2 minutes. but it require to have a flexible attachment drill, or else its impossible.

only thing with drilling from the inside is all the plastic drop everywhere and u can see it through the lense, but i just got a vacum cleaner and suck it out.

i havent got my light bulb holder yet.. so i shove the one from the top to see if it fits...it fits very tight.

Philip Lee
10-11-2004, 05:43 PM
kin, are u in brisbane? if so can we borrow your drill for the day??

DavidLing
10-11-2004, 06:20 PM
Kin, are u coming to the DIY Day, can u show us your way to drill it without take off the bumber???

kin
10-11-2004, 11:20 PM
sure, the parts dont arrive until nov 20 something for me too.. looking forward to installing it with u guys, i'll bring the drill for u guys.

petrovski
11-11-2004, 07:58 AM
hey guys,

ill do a diy write up today for you, just follow the steps and you shouldnt have a problem!

i did teh diy write up the other day and i had prblems with login so i lost it all :mad: so ill try again :)

when its finished if you still have questions you can pm me or post up ur questions.

Philip Lee
11-11-2004, 09:21 AM
thanks guys, looks like it will be a great meetup.

NeuroX
11-11-2004, 09:48 AM
hey guys

i've got a 7th gen civic and looking @ doing a similar mod with my brake lights . . . do u mind if i come to the DIY day with my civic? :)

Philip Lee
11-11-2004, 10:10 AM
NeuroX, vtc is coming with his EK so feel free to drop in.

just remember to buy the parts and they may take a while to come.

petrovski
11-11-2004, 11:32 PM
supatt put up a link how to do it.

its easy to follow with the pics the only thing i did was put it in comprehendable english!

but i lost it :mad:

heres the link to the site supatt put up:
CLICK HERE (http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=ja_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.snake.ne.jp%2f%257Efooser%2 freport%2ftail%2ftail.html)

anyway if you still have questions ask away

oh yeah, have a vaccuum cleaner to suck all the little plastic bits out after you drill!

MRFIT
12-11-2004, 12:04 AM
ummmmm........ "When the bumper you remove, such feeling".............

DavidLing
12-11-2004, 11:26 PM
place: 84 Crompton Road Underwood (behind Metalcorp). it's my mate's warehouse. he's got tools and enough space to work under a roof.

Just wanna make the address clear:

The place actually is called Sunflower Motors, which is behind a metal store/factory called Metalcorp. The metal store is surrounded by Blue fence.

When u arrive 84 Crompton Road, just turn into the metal store and then go straight, after pass through another gate, u will see the motors shop on your right!!

(Coz' last time when i was driving my car and arrive the address, i couldn't see the motors shop, then i turned into a small road, parked my car there and walked back to have a look. Finally i found that place!!)

muli
13-11-2004, 11:03 AM
is it near BP and that european car sales yard

DavidLing
13-11-2004, 01:11 PM

i can't remember, i just been there once!! Philip should know more!!

kuso
13-11-2004, 03:46 PM
You reckon its possible if someone orders for me? I really can't move at the moment. cos I am in library bascially for 18 hours of my day. STill in exam week... I have like 4 more exams to go... already done 3 :(

WOuld appreciate it if someone can order for me and I can pay them back for it.

Neurox.... jason... u going as well? Can u order my parts? If anyone can order for me give me email at wickeeeeeeeeee@gmail.com

Philip Lee
15-11-2004, 08:35 AM

it's between BP & Bunnings. not sure which euro car yard u're talking about as there're a few car yards.

just drive in from Metalcorp. Metalcorp got big signs, you can't miss it. drive in and go straight to the second fence.

btw, we may need a few other bits and pieces.

if you want a neat joint, u can get these at K Mart ($1.95 for a box of 4, we will need 6 per car) http://www.snake.ne.jp/%7Efooser/report/tail/JPEG/t31.jpg

electricial tapes to wrap things up (K Mart; Jaycar; Bunnings);

soldering iron (i'll bring one);

and don't forget the light bulbs.

petrovski
15-11-2004, 10:33 AM
use female speaker plugs to plug the wires into the bayonnets (bulb holders) and wrap them up with tape or heat shrink tubing for insulation.

its much easier than soldering bc there is so little room

Philip Lee
15-11-2004, 05:19 PM
oh yeah, female pinouts are easier. they're available at Dick Smith/Jaycar. just make sure the size is right.

i guess we need 6 of those per car.

also some wires are needed too.

DavidLing
16-11-2004, 11:48 AM
when can i get the white colour cap??
http://www.snake.ne.jp/%7Efooser/report/tail/JPEG/t08.jpg

Oldman
16-11-2004, 11:57 AM
when can i get the white colour cap??
http://www.snake.ne.jp/%7Efooser/report/tail/JPEG/t08.jpg

Go to Jaycar at Wollongaba. Dicksmith or Tandy.

DavidLing
21-11-2004, 07:58 PM
Go to Jaycar at Wollongaba. Dicksmith or Tandy.

Philip and i went to Jaycar in Springwood, but we can found it. However, we bought a rubber tube instend! I think i will give the same functions!

BTW, i did order the sockets on last Wed, but i still didn't get any phone call form Honda. But Philip can get it just within 2 days!! I really worry about did honda help me to order form Jap or not!!!

kin
21-11-2004, 10:30 PM
Philip and i went to Jaycar in Springwood, but we can found it. However, we bought a rubber tube instend! I think i will give the same functions!

BTW, i did order the sockets on last Wed, but i still didn't get any phone call form Honda. But Philip can get it just within 2 days!! I really worry about did honda help me to order form Jap or not!!!

Southside Honda said the parts will be arriving on the 23th Nov. They told they got one from Melb. still waiting for the rest to arrive.

Philip Lee
22-11-2004, 08:59 AM
if the worst happens and we don't get the parts from Honda, we can still drill the holes and wire everything up on the day. putting the parts & bulbs in is a piece of cake.

kin
22-11-2004, 01:38 PM
I rang sthside honda this morning, they told me they are expecting the parts to arrive in the next 5 days.

brightboyfree
22-11-2004, 06:32 PM
are there any thing I should prepare or bring on this Sat DIY day??? :)

MRFIT
22-11-2004, 09:32 PM
Hi guys in Brisbane...... put take pics as u guys go about installing the lights..... a write up of the pics would be nice too.... if its not too much trouble..... share the knowledge..... :D so us down at melbourne might get together and have the lights done too...... appreciate it.....

cheers...

spoon fit
22-11-2004, 10:40 PM
hi, hope this can help~
http://hondafit-web.hp.infoseek.co.jp/diy/lump/lump02/lump02.htm

DavidLing
23-11-2004, 12:24 AM
What we need:
1. Socket x2
2. Light blub x2
3. wire (1m is more then enough)
4. female speaker plugs (1 pack)
5. sticky tape

I know someone will bring a drill, and i will bring a vacuum machine just in case

Oldman
23-11-2004, 01:01 AM
What we need:
1. Socket x2
2. Light blub x2
3. wire (1m is more then enough)
4. female speaker plugs (1 pack)
5. sticky tape

I know someone will bring a drill, and i will bring a vacuum machine just in case

You need to cut a short peice of water hose (50cm) to attach (tape) it to the vacuum hose so that you can insert the smaller hose into the hole you drilled to suck out all the plastic bits inside the light.

6.) 6x solderless connector. (kmart $1.99 a pack of 3)

kuso
23-11-2004, 02:22 PM
Ill be coming on the 27th, but I dont think i will be doing the mod cos I hvan't ordered my parts. I just finished exams on saturday. Thank god they are over

Philip Lee
23-11-2004, 03:08 PM
Ill be coming on the 27th, but I dont think i will be doing the mod cos I hvan't ordered my parts. I just finished exams on saturday. Thank god they are over

as i said b4, just get the holes drill & cables wired up. when the parts arrived, it's a matter of putting the bulbs & stuff in.

you may try to call Sthside Honda just in case they ordered a few more.

TypeG
23-11-2004, 06:13 PM
do a write up pls so ppl in Melbourne can have a similar metting as well

kuso
23-11-2004, 06:38 PM
true hey... good idea. I will get he holes drilled and stuff. Where abouts do I go buy the wires? that are needed in that list htat was posted eariler in the day

DavidLing
23-11-2004, 10:53 PM
hey guys
i decided to drill it just then ...very easy, only took 2 minutes. but it require to have a flexible attachment drill, or else its impossible.

only thing with drilling from the inside is all the plastic drop everywhere and u can see it through the lense, but i just got a vacum cleaner and suck it out.

i havent got my light bulb holder yet.. so i shove the one from the top to see if it fits...it fits very tight.

Hi Kin, Do u mind to bring the drill on the DIY day, and show us how to drill it without take off the rear bumper.

Kin and Oldman, if u guys have a peice of water hose, do u mind to bring it on that day as well? thanks

kin
24-11-2004, 12:37 AM
sure.. no problem :thumbsup:

DavidLing
24-11-2004, 03:10 AM
sure.. no problem :thumbsup:

hi Kin. just wanna confirm that u will bring the drill, or the peice of water hose, or both? Thanks!

Philip Lee
24-11-2004, 09:23 AM
water hose?? i'm sure there are some lying around & we'll just cut a bit off without letting anyone knows... haha

kin, all the bits & pieces are available @ Jaycar/Bunnings.

Philip Lee
24-11-2004, 09:24 AM
do a write up pls so ppl in Melbourne can have a similar metting as well

will do mate.
:wave:

superlover
24-11-2004, 01:17 PM
will do mate.
Hello,Philip lee,
Excuse me , i also interest to do the Brake light as well, But now i asked the Honda dealer for the 33513-SAA-003,BUt they said need to wait 2 weeks probably, So how can i do,Can i buy that at another place? Thx

Philip Lee
24-11-2004, 01:49 PM
Hello superlover,

i assume u're in Brisbane too right?

if so and you're interested to come along on Saturday, please do the following:

1. order a pair of 33513-SAA-003 at any Honda dealer. i got mine from Sthside Honda and i believe u'll need to wait but it's ok;

2. please buy the following bits & pieces from Jaycar/Autobarn:

1. Light blub x2
2. wire (1m is more then enough)
3. female speaker plugs (1 pack) - this is be the smallest one available as there're not much space;
4. electrical tape;
5. 6x solderless connector. (kmart $1.99 a pack of 4, buy the red ones).

bring the above and come along on Saturday morning. we'll drill the holes and wire everything up. and when the parts come, you can finish it off.

if you're not confident with the final bit, we can organise a day to meet again & do it together. but it's very easy and once u see it on Sat, u'll be able to do it.

these are the best instruction i've seen so far. i suggest you read it carefully and make sure u buy the right parts (size etc):
http://www.snake.ne.jp/%7Efooser/report/tail/tail.html

p.s.this post applies to all those who want to come along, just buy the above and come along.

see you all on Saturday.

cheers
Philip

superlover
24-11-2004, 03:41 PM
Hello superlover,

i assume u're in Brisbane too right?

if so and you're interested to come along on Saturday, please do the following:

1. order a pair of 33513-SAA-003 at any Honda dealer. i got mine from Sthside Honda and i believe u'll need to wait but it's ok;

2. please buy the following bits & pieces from Jaycar/Autobarn:

1. Light blub x2
2. wire (1m is more then enough)
3. female speaker plugs (1 pack) - this is be the smallest one available as there're not much space;
4. electrical tape;
5. 6x solderless connector. (kmart $1.99 a pack of 4, buy the red ones).

bring the above and come along on Saturday morning. we'll drill the holes and wire everything up. and when the parts come, you can finish it off.

if you're not confident with the final bit, we can organise a day to meet again & do it together. but it's very easy and once u see it on Sat, u'll be able to do it.

these are the best instruction i've seen so far. i suggest you read it carefully and make sure u buy the right parts (size etc):
http://www.snake.ne.jp/%7Efooser/report/tail/tail.html

p.s.this post applies to all those who want to come along, just buy the above and come along.

see you all on Saturday.

cheers
Philip

Thank you very much ,WOuld u mind to give your moblie to me ,That's i think easiler to call u .anyway i send my moblie to your pm box in Fitter club of hk .Ok?

Philip Lee
24-11-2004, 03:53 PM
PM sent.

DavidLing
26-11-2004, 02:00 AM
Hey! everyone, GOOD NEWS. I rang to Southside Honda, and the staff said some sockets are arrived from Japan. I got it today, so if u have ordered it, u better check with them.

Philip Lee
26-11-2004, 09:22 AM
hi guys,

if you have time today, please get those female pin thingy connected to the cables first. this will save time tomorrow.

see ya tomorrow.

cheers
Philip

superlover
26-11-2004, 10:31 PM
Hey! everyone, GOOD NEWS. I rang to Southside Honda, and the staff said some sockets are arrived from Japan. I got it today, so if u have ordered it, u better check with them.

Excuse me ,Do u think they still have two? and WHat is southside Honda phone number aR~,How much per one aR?i Hope can reply me as soon as possible,Beacuse IF i can ,i will get tomorrow ,Thank you

DavidLing
26-11-2004, 11:32 PM
Excuse me ,Do u think they still have two? and WHat is southside Honda phone number aR~,How much per one aR?i Hope can reply me as soon as possible,Beacuse IF i can ,i will get tomorrow ,Thank youIf u did order b4, your parts should ready for u to pick up already! If not, i don't think they have extra, since it is not a common part, they don't inport many of them. But i sugget u to ring them as ask about it! Have a try!

Southside Honda - Parts: 3249 6477
And u can ask Highway Honda as well, but i don't know the number, u better check on line http://www.honda.com.au (http://www.honda.com.au/)

It cost $15.4 each! and u need 2, = $30.8

Hope u can get it!! Good Luck! in the worst case, u still can drill holes and connect the wire tomorrow!!

superlover
26-11-2004, 11:39 PM
If u did order b4, your parts should ready for u to pick up already! If not, i don't think they have extra, since it is not a common part, they don't inport many of them. But i sugget u to ring them as ask about it! Have a try!

Southside Honda - Parts: 3249 6477
And u can ask Highway Honda as well, but i don't know the number, u better check on line http://www.honda.com.au (http://www.honda.com.au/)

It cost $15.4 each! and u need 2, = $30.8

Hope u can get it!! Good Luck! in the worst case, u still can drill holes and connect the wire tomorrow!!

Thank you, yes ,anyways .
i think i can't get those,But i also will come to drill holes and learn how to do,Thx a lot,And the address is close with sunny bank or ...........??sorry,beacuse i am live in near ipswich.so i never heard that before,sorry!

kin
26-11-2004, 11:42 PM
I picked mine up from Southside Honda today. The salesman told me only 3 ppl have collected the parts, so I think they still might have some left. Those who want it should ring them tomorrow morning, not sure the parts dept. is open on Saturday.

DavidLing
26-11-2004, 11:49 PM
I picked mine up from Southside Honda today. The salesman told me only 3 ppl have collected the parts, so I think they still might have some left. Those who want it should ring them tomorrow morning, not sure the parts dept. is open on Saturday.
Did u ask how many ppl ordered and how many they need and how many they left? If someone order it, i don't think they will sell it to other ppl!

But anyway, why not have a try!!

superlover
26-11-2004, 11:54 PM
the address is close with sunny bank or ...........??sorry,beacuse i am live in near ipswich.so i never heard that name before,sorry!

kin
27-11-2004, 12:07 AM
Did u ask how many ppl ordered and how many they need and how many they left? If someone order it, i don't think they will sell it to other ppl!

But anyway, why not have a try!!
No I didn't ask how many ppl ordered and how many they have left.

DavidLing
27-11-2004, 01:00 AM
No I didn't ask how many ppl ordered and how many they have left.
That's alright! Just wanna get more info for other ppl if u know. Thanks~!! :D See u tomorrow!!

superlover
27-11-2004, 06:39 AM
i saw a map,but i still no idea how to go,Can anyone tell me how to get there?please

superlover
27-11-2004, 08:53 PM
please go to have a check
CHeck it out ~
http://forum.fittaer.org.hk/viewtopic.php?t=6862

Oldman
27-11-2004, 09:25 PM
please go to have a check
CHeck it out ~
http://forum.fittaer.org.hk/viewtopic.php?t=6862
How did you guys go. Did you all manage to finished all the wiring.

vtc
27-11-2004, 10:22 PM
I dont know what you guys are giving me thanks when i wasnt even there! haha.. i was held up and couldnt make it. How many cars got done anyway?

kuso
27-11-2004, 10:47 PM
Yea it was pretty successful in my opinion. Except a few cars didn't have the parts but that was not that big of a problem since several people brought extra parts. We got all the wiring done on all the cars if I remember correctly. I am missing the part from honda and that's about it. Once I get that, its just plug and play with another brake light. Photos should be up soon.

TypeG
27-11-2004, 10:49 PM
very nice man
how many cars are there?

kuso
27-11-2004, 11:46 PM
don't remember... think somethign like 8 cars

kin
27-11-2004, 11:53 PM
There was 6 of us that did the brake lights to be exact ;)

spoon fit
28-11-2004, 01:15 AM
pic quick pls

DavidLing
28-11-2004, 12:11 PM
All of us didn't take of the rear bumper and dirll it directly from the boot. (Except Philip). It was quit successful, coz' one of us (Sorry, i just can remember his real name, not his internet name) and his friend bring a flexible drill (it is different to a gun shape drill), so make this step easiler.

Just remember to use a thin (have to be really thin) water hose to attach on the tube of vacuum cleaner, so that it can suck all the little plastic pieces out from the tail light box. (I feel this is the most trouble step, coz' of the static electricity make the little plastic pieces stick inside of the tail light box).

The wires connection step is easy, but need to be PATIENCE and CAREFUL, so that u won't cut off the original wires.

muli
28-11-2004, 04:23 PM
sorry i couldnt come, had to work

MRFIT
28-11-2004, 04:58 PM
pics..... pics.... u guys did TAKE pics right???? Plz say yes

brightboyfree
28-11-2004, 05:31 PM
pics..... pics.... u guys did TAKE pics right???? Plz say yes
YES, We did...should be upload soon....;)

spoon fit
28-11-2004, 05:58 PM
YES, We did...should be upload soon....;)

quick! thankyou! :D

Philip Lee
29-11-2004, 09:20 AM
thanks to all who came along. we had a productive day. it was fun meeting you guys and getting things done.

we took a few pics but to be honest with you, they are not that much different to those Japanese links.

let's organise another DIY item for the next meet in Jan/Feb 05.

superlover
30-11-2004, 02:55 AM
Good new, i think i can post photo in this few days, i will post as soon as possible ~

superlover
02-12-2004, 03:00 AM
Hey guy, i already uploaded the photo ~
Check it out ~

http://hk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/inoran_2/my_photos

spoon fit
02-12-2004, 06:38 AM
good!
but y don't u take a pic like this?
http://sppp.i-see.jp/off/soff3.jpg

Philip Lee
02-12-2004, 09:45 AM
thanks mate for the pics.

spoonfit mate, we didn't take one of those bcos if we have everyone in the car stepping on the brakes, no one is going to take the shot.........

anyway, here's my car after mod:

http://img39.exs.cx/img39/984/bl01.jpg

http://img59.exs.cx/img59/2108/bl02.jpg

http://img132.exs.cx/img132/164/bl4.jpg

btw, when will we see your pic David??

DavidLing
02-12-2004, 10:10 AM
btw, when will we see your pic David??
Ha! Ha! Sorry, actually, i did burn into a CD, but haven't give to "brightboyfree" yet!!

But almost the same as "Superlover"

TypeG
02-12-2004, 12:07 PM
but y there is no pic on how to do the brake light mod? i just saw one cutting the wires with a knife..... but actually there is a tool can do it in a minute
that is very useful tool and is worth to buy that is u guys going to do more DIY work.

Philip Lee
02-12-2004, 12:19 PM
we took pic on removing rear bumper, cutting and connecting wires. dunno where they've gone.......

but they're pretty much the same as those on the japanese links in this thread. not a lot difference really :D

DavidLing
02-12-2004, 12:23 PM
but y there is no pic on how to do the brake light mod? i just saw one cutting the wires with a knife..... but actually there is a tool can do it in a minute
that is very useful tool and is worth to buy that is u guys going to do more DIY work.
Oh! we all used cuter to cut the wires. coz' it is easier for us to control.

I did take some pic of taking off the bumper, and and special drill (actually is not that special, just different kind of dirll) However, i am using 56K, that will take me long long time to upload the pic. i will try to upload later on! but mostly is same as that Jap website!

TypeG, what is the name of that tool? can u post the pic of that tools?