PDA

View Full Version : Coilovers

StrawberryFace
22-07-2009, 09:26 AM
TEIN SS OR D2 coilovers for my civic. i dont want it for the track juss for street use want it to be comfortable aswell. give us ur input in which ones and maybe experience if you could.

cheers steve

Jon_51
22-07-2009, 09:57 AM
tein ss > d2 ....
why not get koni's & springs

Mixtapes
22-07-2009, 10:51 AM
konis + springs are best for street use and a comfy ride.

Most if not all coilovers, you will feel everybump on the road.
I got G4's similar to D2's its good but I'd prefer konis + king springs

Toilet
22-07-2009, 10:24 PM
I keep hearing tein ss is soft, so maybe try that if you want a moderately comfortable ride.
I've got D2's, and I must say they're bumpy as hell - but tolerable since I'm use to it now.

SHOGUNOVDDRK
22-07-2009, 10:54 PM
I'd go the tiens, I've been in both in the same car.

Though, my mate got something more stiff after (from the Tien range) and I enjoyed that more.

stevey
22-07-2009, 11:46 PM
do u kno whick ones he got that were stiffer then the SS??

jeffreymui
23-07-2009, 12:09 AM
i thought when u adjust tein to its stiff-est setting would be quite stiff already and when u set it on soft it'll run quite soft? i duno but thats what my friend told me. sorry if im not helping much:P

string
23-07-2009, 01:37 AM
The damper adjustments should be used to find the right balance in transitions and then left alone! Fiddling with them for comfort purposes is 100% guaranteed to leave you with a poor handling car 99% of the time. If your suspension is too stiff then you need to soften the springs.

interfooler
25-07-2009, 09:05 PM
If you don't want to spend too much, consider BC racing coilover. I have them in my CD5 Accord and they are fantastic! If you don't visit the track like me, these coilover are for you. They are height and damper adjustable. I set mine about 4 clicks from softest (32 clicks adjustabality) for daily driving and my car rides as comfortable as stock but without the bodyroll around bends! Around some twisties and to have a bit of fun I set them to 20 clicks form softest. The car just hugs the corner with very little bodyrol. I could achieve much higher cornering speed now than I did with stock suspension.

Its good price. I got mine 1450 fitted. Very good value for money considering it offers performance comparable to the much more expensive stuff like Tein SS.

SiReal
26-07-2009, 01:17 AM
Used Tein SS on a EK/EJ/EM chassis. Nice and soft, an improvement in handling from stock but couldnt take corners for sh1t because it was so soft, even on the stiffest setting.

also single height adjust is ghey. get dual height adjust so as to not meddle with spring preload, etc.

koni H&R spring shock combo i had in the big fat accord handled better than the tein ss in the smaller, more nimble civic.