PDA

View Full Version : Servicing Accord

sumit
22-07-2009, 03:58 PM
I am quite new in Melbourne and bought a Accord last year 2006 V6 Luxury. Now the time for first major service which is scaring me with the price. i checked with many dealers and found out that its a big difference in pricing.

Any suggestions on the dealers work quality. Howz the review of Yarra honda.

Please let me know your reviews with dealers.

Thanks & cheers.
Sumit

dkskyline
29-07-2009, 07:34 PM
I am quite new in Melbourne and bought a Accord last year 2006 V6 Luxury. Now the time for first major service which is scaring me with the price. i checked with many dealers and found out that its a big difference in pricing.

Any suggestions on the dealers work quality. Howz the review of Yarra honda.

Please let me know your reviews with dealers.

Thanks & cheers.
Sumit

cost me around $250

mr_vti_s
31-07-2009, 12:13 AM
why dont u find a good mechanic that will do the service for ur car?

i always go to my mechanic, his my mechanic for the last 3 yrs now cause wen i had a major service, changing timing belt, engine oil, oil filter, transmission oil and coolant.
this service took him 4-5 hours, and he only charge me $200 well i guess because his my mechanic n he doesnt rip me off.. but yea knowing the right people is awesome!

j.meng87
31-07-2009, 02:18 PM
why dont u find a good mechanic that will do the service for ur car?

i always go to my mechanic, his my mechanic for the last 3 yrs now cause wen i had a major service, changing timing belt, engine oil, oil filter, transmission oil and coolant.
this service took him 4-5 hours, and he only charge me $200 well i guess because his my mechanic n he doesnt rip me off.. but yea knowing the right people is awesome!

Wow $200 for all that is a bargain or it's just labour cost and you supply the parts? Where is this workshop at?

mr_vti_s
31-07-2009, 04:59 PM
Wow $200 for all that is a bargain or it's just labour cost and you supply the parts? Where is this workshop at?

well i supply all the stuff for the service, this mechanic is from bonnyrigg, he did my engine swap too, i wish i had d money back then to get h22a but i dont have enough money to get that engine, :thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

he doesnt have a workshop, he did it in his house. his got a van too. n come to ur house. n do d servicing..

snajper
02-08-2009, 08:27 AM
I usually take my car to Honda dealer but not any more for several reasons.

1) Last service my car was scratched in 3 locations - they refuse to admit - I must admit this was the shonkiest dealer on the planet.
2) Second is the price - I was quoted $230 incl all levies but was charged $309 at the end. Nothing extra was done to incur those charges.

Now I just take my car to NRMA Car service and they are min 50% cheaper and very carefull with your new car. FivE star customer service.

To sum it all up - find yourself decent mechanic that can service your car and stamp the log book.

Cheers,

ravi
13-08-2009, 08:55 AM
well i supply all the stuff for the service, this mechanic is from bonnyrigg, he did my engine swap too, i wish i had d money back then to get h22a but i dont have enough money to get that engine, :thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

he doesnt have a workshop, he did it in his house. his got a van too. n come to ur house. n do d servicing..

Hey can you please provide the mechanic's contact details, i need to fix up my transmission and the mechanics are quoting around $3000, i need to find out some cheaper alternative....
Thanks in advance....:)

[ IV 23 VI ]
14-08-2009, 04:01 PM
backyard job no warranty.