PDA

View Full Version : Honda Civic EG (Question)

DRIFT-EG
24-07-2009, 12:23 PM
I'm buying an EG soon,

I want to know what are the difference between:

- Si
- GLI
- GL
- Breeze

Is it just the engine that is different? Or is it the looks and the car cage aswell?

Thanks

altong0840
24-07-2009, 12:30 PM
GL/Breeze= carb engine+ smallest disc brake+rear drum brake
GLI= EFI engine
SI= EFI engine+ bigger brake+ rear disc brake

the body almost 100% same, but carb engine mount locate a little bit different to efi engine

fuel tank fuel rail will need to replace if u want carb to efi

some come with sunroof some not~

teddychan
24-07-2009, 12:30 PM
Here (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72623) and search is your best friend.

DRIFT-EG
24-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Lets say I buy a GL, GLI, BREEZE and I convert it to Si? Like change the parts that the Si has besides the engine?

teddychan
24-07-2009, 12:39 PM
Here (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47020) and read the first five threads here (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8).

Terryfying
24-07-2009, 02:05 PM
if your going to do that you may as well buy the Si, ull end up spending more money in the end as the price difference between the two models isnt much....plus you wont have as much headaches as you would if your going to convert parts

teddychan
24-07-2009, 02:34 PM
^^^^:thumbsup:

if your going to do that you may as well buy the Si, ull end up spending more money in the end as the price difference between the two models isnt much....plus you wont have as much headaches as you would if your going to convert parts

connorling
24-07-2009, 03:50 PM
GL/Breeze= carb engine+ smallest disc brake+rear drum brake
GLI= EFI engine
SI= EFI engine+ bigger brake+ rear disc brake

the body almost 100% same, but carb engine mount locate a little bit different to efi engine

fuel tank fuel rail will need to replace if u want carb to efi

some come with sunroof some not~

electric window and electric mirror are not in Breeze i think. cos i dont have it in mine.

also noted that Breeze is 1.3L carby (no rpm shown on cluster)
GL is 1.5L carby (no rpm shown on cluster)
GLi is also 1.5L EFi
Si is 1.6 DOHC non vtec
VTi is SOHC vtec
VEi is SOHC vtec-e(economical)
SiR is DOHC VTEC 1.6L, best of all EG( only in Japan i believe) suspension is different to others, also lots are different. brakes, interior etc.

Si is just as fast as VTi, and u can pick up a VTi for cheap, as cheap as GLi if u r lucky.
changing from GL and Breeze to Si is annoying, u need to change the fuel tank, fuel line, and the cluster.

Mikecivic78
24-07-2009, 10:06 PM
SI- 96 kw (dohc)
vti- 96 kw ( sohc vtec)

forget about the rest- gli and breeze are crap compared to them, gli is 74kw and breeze (zzzzz) 55kw. Take ur time and find a clean one. In my opinion, i think the si is better.

dvsx
24-07-2009, 11:00 PM
vti has sunroof! =D

Terryfying
25-07-2009, 01:18 AM
vti has sunroof..some have airbags..and imo interior looks better than the si but power output for both is reoughly the same

DRIFT-EG
26-07-2009, 06:58 PM
Thanks guys, really helped :)

Just wondering where can I get a EG (Si) from that is low on KM's and not too pricey, I have searched everywhere (carsales), and really hard to find Si with low KM's. Any other sites or something I should know about? I'm in Sydney. Ta

Terryfying
26-07-2009, 07:03 PM
trading post.com, drive.com, here(ozhonda)...just wait around for the right one..never impulse buy..

[[d a n n y]]
27-07-2009, 12:53 AM
another person who doesnt use the search function or any other sticky threads
anyhow Vti is the way to go if u wanna change the motor later on
Si vti same thing pretty much
not much diff in performance