PDA

View Full Version : help with the EG air vents

connorling
24-07-2009, 04:01 PM
hi there, i just change my EG air con control unit, oem to oem.
but i cant change where the air comes out, doesnt matter what i choose, the air is coming out in all direction.

also the vents right at the bottom of the windscreen is blocked.
i dont know the reason, but no air is coming out, very hard to drive in rain as the hot air doesnt hit the wind screen, fog up like crazy.
thanks for the help

VT3C
24-07-2009, 06:34 PM
so.. you are trying to install a JDM Climate Control ? did you swap over ALL of the Heater system ? because aside from the Climate control unit itself you need to change over everything for full functionality. I was going to do this but i'd ripped out my Air-Con allready and then as I discovered it wasnt a plug n play job I decided against it.

One option I considered was installing the Climate-Control facia on top of the original analogue unit.. then it LOOKS like you have the JDM climate Control but you still retain regular heater functionality.

if you DID swap all the guts over, I'd say you've conected one of the heater hoses to the wrong spot or you've broken the lever/switch that manually operates the flap to distribute the air.

OMG.JAI xD
24-07-2009, 11:41 PM
Check the cable is connected.

Check the vents are sitting in the mechanism properly.

And of course. Check something isnt snapped or broken.

connorling
27-07-2009, 02:26 AM
so.. you are trying to install a JDM Climate Control ? did you swap over ALL of the Heater system ? because aside from the Climate control unit itself you need to change over everything for full functionality. I was going to do this but i'd ripped out my Air-Con allready and then as I discovered it wasnt a plug n play job I decided against it.

One option I considered was installing the Climate-Control facia on top of the original analogue unit.. then it LOOKS like you have the JDM climate Control but you still retain regular heater functionality.

if you DID swap all the guts over, I'd say you've conected one of the heater hoses to the wrong spot or you've broken the lever/switch that manually operates the flap to distribute the air.

i mean the normal A/C control, no matter which one i choose, the air comes out in all directions but the vent under the windscreen