PDA

View Full Version : dc2r battery size

rykerz
26-07-2009, 02:49 PM
Hey guys my battery for dc2r just died so I am looking to buy a replacement, so I am looking for the superchrage gold, anyone know which model will fit perfectly? I measured my old battery to about 220 125 200 roughly, on supercharge site the model with the cloest measurement are

MF40B20L - 195,128,223 CCA380

MF40B20DF - 195,128.228 CCA380

is this what others have used? Does the CCA seems too low? I am not sure if it will be enough, and also where in Adelaide could I find these batteries? would the usual autobarn/supercheap auto have them

Bludger
26-07-2009, 07:45 PM
why don't you look at the charts that are usually hanging on the shelf when you go to buy the batteries? It'll tell you exactly which one you need.

alternatively, send the company an email.

sounds like this thread was born from a momentary spark in your head without prior thought or trying to be self resourceful

geeang
26-07-2009, 08:33 PM
why don't you look at the charts that are usually hanging on the shelf when you go to buy the batteries? It'll tell you exactly which one you need.

alternatively, send the company an email.

sounds like this thread was born from a momentary spark in your head without prior thought or trying to be self resourceful

Wow bludger you've turned bitter and hateful recently :o

(But I agree with you :D)

destrukshn
26-07-2009, 08:49 PM
s55b24rs it should be.
approx 430cca is usually the go for supercharge gold batteries which provide a 36month warranty

rykerz
26-07-2009, 09:39 PM
I searched on ozhonda and most ppl seems to go for 400+ CCA but when I search their website the only one thats has the same measurement as my old one only have 380CCA thats why I asked on ozhonda cos I have to catch the bus there I want to make sure I have the right model number before I get there instead and I thought ozhonda would have more specific info on the dc2r incase there are any difference.

Oh I just check the website again and found this http://linux.supercharge.com.au/battery_search.php

Sorry for the bother guys

Bludger
27-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Wow bludger you've turned bitter and hateful recently :o

(But I agree with you :D)did it come out that way?

I was trying to be as polite as possible actually.

_matt07
28-07-2009, 10:44 PM
normally you only need to worry about which way the positive and negative terminals are oreinted on a battery
-........+
or +......-
as long as it is the same as ur current one it will fit and it will work
the second thing you consider is the crankstart.. a 400 crankstart battery will have more juice than a more average 300 crankstart, which means you can run it for longer without it dying next time you turn it on after you run your system for a while when your misses is in the car or whatever

autobahn usually has every good brand and if its not in stock they can order it in for you

6thgear
02-08-2009, 10:00 PM
if you can spend a little more, always advisable to get 400+cca to be on the safe side. as above said, main thing to worry about though is the terminals are in the right place, and that it fits into the space where your battery goes. even if you get slightly bigger, not to worry. also ensure battery height is correct so that you may close the bonnet!
if in doubt just get the one recommended by the catalogue...

repco batteries arent too bad either, i believe they are rebranded century batteries. i've had good experience with exide which you can get from kmart as well - i got the red top ones which last a little longer with 24months warranty i think - or was it 36?

usually the more warranty the battery gives you - its a good indicator of its quality...

good luck!