PDA

View Full Version : Honda Civic EG Si (vs) Honda Civic EG VTI

DRIFT-EG
27-07-2009, 05:13 PM
Sorry for asking all these questions really need help to pick a car.

Just want to know the pros and cons of these 2 cars.

Also which car is faster? Since the SI is DOHC and the VTI is SOHC with same KW's. And which car is more compatible with changing engines, or can both of them change to any Honda engine like B16A, B18, B20, K20 etc....

Thanks

VTi_b0i
27-07-2009, 05:15 PM
lol theres countless threads asking this dude

DRIFT-EG
27-07-2009, 05:15 PM
lol theres countless threads asking this dude

Where? LOL

90LAN
27-07-2009, 05:18 PM
vti has vtec loom already
so alot easier for conversion

but vti is heavier

but saying that any fuel injected eg is suitable for a conversion

either one is faster
depending mods and driver

Terryfying
27-07-2009, 05:20 PM
^^^ what he said...

DRIFT-EG
27-07-2009, 05:27 PM
90LAN, thanks

Anything else I need to know? :)

Terryfying
27-07-2009, 08:00 PM
like i said in your previous thread(s)...vti comes with sunroof...some with airbags whereas si you dont have those options...interior is a dark grey in the vti as opposed to light grey in the si...thats pretty much it...

I heart the SSS
27-07-2009, 08:02 PM
I presume you're into drifting, drift eg.

so I say go EG3 single carb breeze, lightweight for skidz at ebisu ftw

SHOGUNOVDDRK
27-07-2009, 08:07 PM
EG Breeze will be easier to get into Munjie.

But all shit stirring aside Lan has got it case closed.

DRIFT-EG
27-07-2009, 10:06 PM
Thanks how about the GLI? Any good? Is GLI EG4?

SHOGUNOVDDRK
27-07-2009, 10:12 PM
Its not exactly fast, but its fuel injected which is good if you choose to swap.

DRIFT-EG
27-07-2009, 10:20 PM
Thanks, GLI has no sunroof,

how about electric windows, airbag, A/C, alarm, immobilzer?

- It's fuel injected that means I can swap to B16A, B18, B20, K20?

I'm confused, with all this models SI, GLI etc... how about I tune up the GLI, will it outrun an SI? LOL

Also what are the pros and cons of GLI?

Is there a way to convert a GLI to a SI (EG5), what do I have to change and how much you rekon it will cost? Besides changing the engine.

will13
27-07-2009, 10:41 PM

I'm confused, with all this models SI, GLI etc... how about I tune up the GLI, will it outrun an SI? LOL

Is there a way to convert a GLI to a SI (EG5), what do I have to change and how much you rekon it will cost? Besides changing the engine.

AFAIK...

Breeze = EG3, base model, lightest model 1.3L carby (and also came in dual carb?)

GL / GLi = EG4, came in 1.5L, the GLi being the fuel injected one, no other real differences to the breeze?

Vti = EG5,1.6L sohc vtec, sunroof, darker trim than Si, airbags in the 95 models, fuel injected

Si = EG5, 1.6L dohc non vtec, fuel injected, no sunroof, lighter trim than Vti. probably faster than the Vti

work any civic and it will probably beat an Si

pretty sure all came with a/c, power steering as options and power windows as options, except for the breeze

TenanK
28-07-2009, 11:11 AM

a guy told me tat if u got an Si, it's quite ez to do engine convrsion to B series as well, coz basically u alrdy have the "structure", seein tat Si is a DOHC, but as Lan said, vti has the vtec loom alrdy n its ez too.. :D

but im curious, y u want to buy a GLi n engine swap to Si?? coz tis gen of cvcs r quite old, n the engines might have high mileage.. so B/K-swap straight away is better IMHO.. :thumbsup:
g'luck!! :D

minhkore
28-07-2009, 11:17 AM
im sitting at school laughing at this thread LOL

hisoka
28-07-2009, 11:18 AM
buy a vti, its newer and has vtak loom, and before you do the swap, you can already say you has vtak.

also has rear sway bar, and sunroof. and i think its got rear disc brakes, which si doesnt have correct if wrong ?

stock for stock there about the same in a race.

edited. LOL mihnkore, go learn something man, you VTi lover

TenanK
28-07-2009, 11:27 AM
im sitting at school laughing at this thread LOL

lolz.. it's quite entertaining isnt it?? :D

buy a vti, its newer and has vtak loom, and before you do the swap, you can already say you has vtak.

also has rear sway bar, and sunroof. and i think its got rear disc brakes, which si doesnt have correct if wrong ?

stock for stock there about the same in a race.

edited. LOL mihnkore, go learn something man, you VTi lover

my Si sedan got rear disc brakes.. but not sure for the hatches tho :D

DNY*BOY
28-07-2009, 11:30 AM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1819661#post1819661

connorling
28-07-2009, 02:08 PM

i replied to that on ur last tread, every model with details.

connorling
28-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Where? LOL

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24423&page=1&pp=12

connorling
28-07-2009, 02:11 PM
i dont know what vtec loop we r talking about, but u swap the engine anyway, do u mean the wiring harness???
get a half cut, do the damn thing, buy a GLi, even Breeze for god sake.
i did it with my Breeze, u need to buy EFi fuel tank fuel line, it costs a bit more cos of the ECU harness, i did b18c swap, so it was from OBD1 to OBD2a.

SEARCH

DRIFT-EG
28-07-2009, 10:16 PM
Does Si have airbags? Got me wondering, if it doesn't can it be fitted with airbags? How much would it cost? Ta

TenanK
29-07-2009, 12:28 PM
Does Si have airbags? Got me wondering, if it doesn't can it be fitted with airbags? How much would it cost? Ta

well my Si sedan has no airbags, not sure abt hatches of the younger age tho.. but my friend's 95 vti got airbag, n from wat i saw in tis forum abt installing an airbag, it's gonna cost a lot n ppl might say its not worth it.. :D
here's the link
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116091

Wolf-UAY444
18-08-2009, 08:17 PM
i dont know what vtec loop we r talking about, but u swap the engine anyway, do u mean the wiring harness???
get a half cut, do the damn thing, buy a GLi, even Breeze for god sake.
i did it with my Breeze, u need to buy EFi fuel tank fuel line, it costs a bit more cos of the ECU harness, i did b18c swap, so it was from OBD1 to OBD2a.

SEARCH

ok im planning to go to a B16a purely because they are more p plate legal in victoria than the b18c. Because the b16a comes in a civic somewhere along the lines; i cant remember the exact technicality.

I have a breeze that weighs like 950kg with out driver. 1.3ltr Carby; they are slow but will teach you how to hold your speed in the corner if you're chasing an S13.... (yea i know stupid) but i have had no complaints of my car; The Breeze's are more likely to have been grannied, as they the cheapest model around; so if you're lucky you can find a cheap well conditioned body; with a full service history and the most hardest drive its ever had will get when you test drive it.

the only annoying things about the Breeze, at least for me personaly; are the lack of central locking; the not adjustable steering coloumn, power windows(not so much). Id love a sunroof but probably better off with out one(as i want to turn this into a track car after i get a Teg(dc2))

they are quite a good little car; but wouldnt recomend buying a sloppy one as you'll end up with a slow pain in the ass. compared to a slow machine that you;re constantly adding little things to :P