PDA

View Full Version : All EG (GLi) drivers!

DRIFT-EG
28-07-2009, 10:16 AM
Why did you pick GLI out of all the rest like VTI's, SI's

Comment about GLI's please. I want to know about them, I never hear people on here talk about em. Why is that? Anything bad about em?

And who on here has the fastest EG GLi on this forum?

shebangs
28-07-2009, 10:20 AM
Because they have power everything, and the injected engine has better fuel economy compared to the carby until I put a B18CR/K20 into it. And because I'm putting B into it, no point getting a VTI.

ps. you can't fwd drift an eg lol

DRIFT-EG
28-07-2009, 10:28 AM
Because they have power everything, and the injected engine has better fuel economy compared to the carby until I put a B18CR/K20 into it. And because I'm putting B into it, no point getting a VTI.

ps. you can't fwd drift an eg lol

Yeh I know front wheel can't drift, LOL

You got some pics of your EG4 mate? Does it still have stock engine atm? Also is GLI less weight than the Si and VTI's?

hisoka
28-07-2009, 10:47 AM
i got vti cause it was same price as gli back then lol~ vti had sunroof too

minhkore
28-07-2009, 11:07 AM
i bought a vti off hisoka because it was one of the known scariest car around sunnybank

hisoka
28-07-2009, 11:08 AM
hey there mihn long time no see ~ is the car still holding up the power i made ?

i think i saw you beat that other red ek the other night. ??

TypeG
28-07-2009, 11:50 AM
I got a gli because it got power everything which is more userfriendly
I dont get vti because sunroof is not a good thing for track and the car is like 1X years old and the sunroof is time to play up very soon and when the sunroof is playing up, you will get very pi$$ off for sure
If you are putting a b18, buy a gli will do

hisoka
28-07-2009, 12:49 PM
sunroof pretty epicness.

but there around the same price gli and vti , so i would just look for one with better paint lol~

TypeG
28-07-2009, 01:03 PM
sunroof pretty epicness.

but there around the same price gli and vti , so i would just look for one with better paint lol~

yeah paint... most eg paint is fade
but if u can get it like $500 cheaper, you can get yourself a respray just the exterior for ard $1k

hisoka
28-07-2009, 02:20 PM
yeah paint... most eg paint is fade
but if u can get it like $500 cheaper, you can get yourself a respray just the exterior for ard $1k

1k thats pretty cheap lol. but yeah if you got time and effort , then yeah thats a good point.

i bought mine with faded roof , my second eg . and it made me feel like not wanting to drive. i wanted to respray but never could be bothered, then i sold it and the next guy loved the colour so yeah~

cymax
28-07-2009, 02:43 PM
i doubt you can find any respray in Sydney for 1k. The cheapest I've ever been quoted was $1800. I've heard of $1k paint work in Melbourne from a friend before.

hisoka
28-07-2009, 05:13 PM
i doubt you can find any respray in Sydney for 1k. The cheapest I've ever been quoted was $1800. I've heard of $1k paint work in Melbourne from a friend before.

you can, but its probably really dodgey prep work, and paint will only last 3 years lol.

ive got one done in brisbane for around 1000, and it did the job nicely, but i know it wont last to many more years. honda odysee purple

Terryfying
28-07-2009, 05:24 PM
what ive learnt is if your going to buy a second hand car..u may aswell buy top of the range models...just better options and saves you time from odding it later to have thouse options...but anyway gl with the search

DRIFT-EG
28-07-2009, 05:36 PM
Well from what I heard,

Si - 1991-1993 model, hard to find aftermarket parts etc... true?
GLi - Nice car but no VTEC? true?

Red_EG4
28-07-2009, 05:48 PM
I bought a GLi because I had no idea about Honda's.
But I've enjoyed it, low km's and great condition helped.

hisoka
28-07-2009, 06:22 PM
lol dont bother getting vti over si if you just wanna hit vtak , lol the vtec on it feels like when you turn aircon off on a turbo car, even less than that lol~

90LAN
28-07-2009, 06:38 PM
gli doesnt have rear disc
but has a nice darker grey interior imo

its has a shit 1.5 motor

Mugen_B16B
28-07-2009, 06:51 PM
Well from what I heard,

Si - 1991-1993 model, hard to find aftermarket parts etc... true?
GLi - Nice car but no VTEC? true?
mate both same, just gli has rear drums and is sohc, si has rear brakes and is dohc and i think it revs abit harder

javer81
29-07-2009, 01:59 PM
I would say what plans do you have for the car. PPL please correct me if i am wrong.

My comments on GLI will be its a newer built chassis. it has some newer options over SI. as ppl have pointed out its rear drum brakes. if you will be going for perfomance, that have to go some time. more power need more braking i suppose. overall its a sohc engine with all power options and newer interior. i believe it has rear speaker on the side panels. just like a VTI model, where SI would not have.

SI will be the full options back in 1992. having power every thing dohc just no vtec. having rear disc brakes, older chassis, no rear speakers. thats about it.

VTI will be 1994 or 5 full options.. having sunroof and all that you can find in a gli. having rear disc brakes as well.

so if you have plans for an engine swap, i guess you will need to find a chassis that suits your plans. what options do you want. if you think of changing the interior as well i would think it doesnt matter which version you be getting. in terms of money converting from carby to efi. get a efi anytime.. unless you get a chassis for free its bang for buck then. all 3 are popular models ppl have done engine swap with.

if you gonna just go stock, sohc low front end, dohc high toque, sohc vtec high backend.

EG6 will always be the bomb. 90lan will know that. cheers mate.

DRIFT-EG
29-07-2009, 06:51 PM
I would say what plans do you have for the car. PPL please correct me if i am wrong.

My comments on GLI will be its a newer built chassis. it has some newer options over SI. as ppl have pointed out its rear drum brakes. if you will be going for perfomance, that have to go some time. more power need more braking i suppose. overall its a sohc engine with all power options and newer interior. i believe it has rear speaker on the side panels. just like a VTI model, where SI would not have.

SI will be the full options back in 1992. having power every thing dohc just no vtec. having rear disc brakes, older chassis, no rear speakers. thats about it.

VTI will be 1994 or 5 full options.. having sunroof and all that you can find in a gli. having rear disc brakes as well.

so if you have plans for an engine swap, i guess you will need to find a chassis that suits your plans. what options do you want. if you think of changing the interior as well i would think it doesnt matter which version you be getting. in terms of money converting from carby to efi. get a efi anytime.. unless you get a chassis for free its bang for buck then. all 3 are popular models ppl have done engine swap with.

if you gonna just go stock, sohc low front end, dohc high toque, sohc vtec high backend.

EG6 will always be the bomb. 90lan will know that. cheers mate.

Well talking about the GLI, I would do it up later on, but I want to do either B or a K engine swap. GLI is not carby right? It has airbag? Since GLI is an EG4 is there anyway to convert it to EG5? And GLI has that brand at the back of the car saying GLI, is that removable?

Anyone have a Civic GLI on here? Show me what you guys have done to it. :D

ALSO what is Civic Special Edition 1995? :S

55EXX
29-07-2009, 08:05 PM
the chassis code will always say eg4. no matter how much i wish my eg5 said eg6 no matter how hard i try it will never be a eg6. i can b swap it etc it will just be a b swapped eg5.

gli si vti doesn't matter its just your ticket into owning a eg. my opinion the best car your can buy at the price bracket as long as you get efi.

DRIFT-EG
29-07-2009, 08:36 PM
GLI is not EFI right?

Red_EG4
29-07-2009, 09:01 PM
GLi is EFI. GL is Carby.
The Special Edition '95 is the last batch of EG's to come out.
I think they had ABS and maybe a passenger airbag.

javer81
30-07-2009, 11:09 AM
Well talking about the GLI, I would do it up later on, but I want to do either B or a K engine swap.

This is doable. have been done. have a few out there. have a look in the build section.

GLI is not carby right?

GLI is efi sohc

It has airbag?

It has stock airbag with the steering wheel. unless the steering wheel has been changed.

Since GLI is an EG4 is there anyway to convert it to EG5?

technically when we say eg4,eg5 or eg6, its the chassis number. its tag to the vin number. there is no way you can change that number. the only thing you can do is only change it to a eg5 or eg6 specification from a eg4.

And GLI has that brand at the back of the car saying GLI, is that removable?

its just a sticker. it could be removed. just take a bit of time and effort.

All the best.

FastFwd
30-07-2009, 06:01 PM
I didnt know the difference at the time to be completely honest. I couldnt have picked a worse model. Actually the 1.3l single carb is the worst....I got the Dual carb 1.5 d15b4 EG4. I raced motocross for HRA (honda racing australia) so i thought to myself "lets get a honda" didnt even know what Vtec was at the time. 8 years and 70-90g later spent I cant even remember my car being stock. Its had 5-6 different rims, 3-4 different kits, 3 engines, about 5-6 rebuilds, 3-4 turbo setups, 4-5 different stereo's, 2-3 different interior colour setups including different racing seats, wheels etc.

In final words if i was to buy one now i would find an eg6 or an ek9 and start like that because i have the money to do so. But all in all the chassis are the same and if you wanna make your eg4 looks like an eg6 you can...or vice versa. Or if you wanna spend 70-90g and have your own Fast n furious chassis twisting torque mobile you can.

EG is and EG these days. Soo many swaps and changes it doesnt really matter anymore.

shebangs
01-08-2009, 02:57 PM
It has stock airbag with the steering wheel. unless the steering wheel has been changed.

I don't think this is correct. I bought a bone stock 94 EG4, and it definitely doesn't come with an airbag.

JDM-EGG
01-08-2009, 03:44 PM
just get a si, got rear disc brakes no sunroof and power everything, and dohc motor for to start off, easy

Red_EG4
01-08-2009, 04:17 PM
I don't think this is correct. I bought a bone stock 94 EG4, and it definitely doesn't come with an airbag.

I think it was in the 95's

dreamshifter
01-08-2009, 11:36 PM
I think it was in the 95's

My 94 EG4 has a driver side airbag. They come as an optional extra.