PDA

View Full Version : black jazz

rosewood
28-07-2009, 11:39 PM
anyone here got a black jazz, having problem keeping it clean. Had paint protection done truseal which is garbage. Had one car done with a ming product which was great. they left buff marked all over the car & it looks horrible. Didn't notice it at first till late one afternoon in the shade.

they were going to buff all the squirl marks from the paint work which hasn't been done & these buff marks have made it look worse.

I see all these other black cars driving around & they look great, Don't know whether I should take up the issue with them or just take it a professional to fix up & get it over & done with.

curtis265
29-07-2009, 12:25 AM
When you're washing, make sure that you clean the car properly. You probably haven't washed all the dirt of properly - give it a good wipe.. maybe even try claybar if u really want to.

I didn't quite catch what you said, but use Meguiar's products and polish the swirls out - use proper microfibre cloths too otherwise you'll insist more scratches into your clearcoat...

I hope that helps.

Oh and if it makes u feel better my dads black mazda6 is ther dirtiest f*cker out on the road... he doesn't wash it that reguarly.

rosewood
29-07-2009, 10:08 AM
to clarify my post, my black jazz had a lot of squirl marks which I told the dealer I required them all to be buffed out before they applied the trueseal paint protection. I rang them a couple of days before delivery & asked them whether they got the scratches out, they said they would make a note of that. I beleive they had already done that paint protection.

In the shade I noticed all these buff marks down both sides of the car
obviously when the trueseal person was applying the product which is a white power product that they buff on the paint work.

So I need all the buff marks & squirl marks taken out & better product. I have seen other products that the water just runs off the car, this is the product I need.

I am not sure what's best take it back to the dealer to fix or just call it quit's & get a professional to fix it.

The products you mentioned I saw on line last night, is this product going to give me the finish I want.
as I said previously I liked the ming products but no-one seems to use them now.

4thGenExi
29-07-2009, 03:37 PM
Have a look at the Car care/Detailing sub forum under Appearance, you'll learn some good tips. Sounds like the dealers done a less than impressive buffing job to remove the swirls and probably made the car worse than it already was.

My advice; pay a professional who is genuinely passionate about their work (unlike a dealer who couldn't give a rats ass how the car looks as long as they're getting paid). For a couple of hundred dollars your Jazz will look better than new. Also read up on some basic car care techniques:

- washing with microfibre mitts
- not drying with a chamois (swirl central - use microfibre towels only)
- applying wax or sealant

EDIT: And for the record, paint protections a rort, and a huge one. Quite simply: It's a rip off and it doesn't go the distance. It is impossible to give any car a lifetime guarantee against any further paint maintenance. Even the best boutique products barely last 6 months. You're basically paying the dealer anything up to $1k in some instances, for a wash and wax/sealant treatment.

aaronng
29-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Not the fault of paint protection, but the fault of the lazy person buffing with a rotary and not finishing up with a fine pad before applying paint protection. All they need to do is to use a soft polish pad after the buffing pad and that will remove the buffing holograms. Then reapply the paint protection.

Take up the issue to the dealer if you paid them to get the paint protection applied.

GTI-Jazz
29-07-2009, 03:48 PM
Not the fault of paint protection, but the fault of the lazy person buffing with a rotary and not finishing up with a fine pad before applying paint protection. All they need to do is to use a soft polish pad after the buffing pad and that will remove the buffing holograms. Then reapply the paint protection.

Take up the issue to the dealer if you paid them to get the paint protection applied.

Agreed. It's best to not have dealers do/organise your paint protection work.

Contact someone like Mark @ Dr Detail to do the work for you. If you're not happy with the work, ask the dealer to redo it, with your choice of detailer prior to having the PP reapplied.

curtis265
29-07-2009, 05:24 PM
yup dealerships will never detail your car properly. If you really want you can kick up a big fuss about it... but they'll probably turn a blind eye and a deaf ear.

rosewood
29-07-2009, 07:10 PM
thanks for all your replies, I actually didn't know you had a detailing section here,
I agree with re the dealer & I normally give paint protection a miss, however being that the jazz was black in colour that was the only reason I purchased paint protection thinking it would help to keep it clean. it was a conditional of the sale that they were to buff the marks out.

I will need to find out who applied the treatment, just a little jerk the use to wash cars or someone trained.

I will be looking for a mobile person in sydney around liverpool/penrith area.

fundies
30-07-2009, 01:40 PM
Ive got a black Jazz, and it'll be the last black car I ever buy. :(

bc143
20-08-2009, 09:03 PM
ditto! last black one i think
mine r black too, virtually u can't do anything to keep it silky smooth. I been using so many product in the market. Whatever they say, they just make more marks. I ask the pro, they say they can remove most but will come back after 1 or 2 weeks.....

aaronng
20-08-2009, 09:19 PM
ditto! last black one i think
mine r black too, virtually u can't do anything to keep it silky smooth. I been using so many product in the market. Whatever they say, they just make more marks. I ask the pro, they say they can remove most but will come back after 1 or 2 weeks.....

It is not the product. It is the method.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1376397&postcount=34

rosewood
20-08-2009, 11:56 PM
well the dealer rang me re a follow up after sales call & I told them I was not happy & what was promised to me prior to the sale was not done.

They told me to bring it back & they would give me a loan vehicle for the day.
I asked who does the work & they told me just the yard detailer.
I am thinking of forgetting about it & going to a pro, chances are the car yard is going to muck me around again & it would be better to get someone to fix
& get it over & done with.

CleptaK
22-08-2009, 09:26 PM
Ive got a black Jazz, and it'll be the last black car I ever buy. :(

Me too! I was impatient and didn't wait for a yellow one. Never, ever again!

Mine had terrible swirl marks on it. I had it detailed by a mobile detailer and it was the best $250 I spent on my Jazz. It looked amazing until it rained the next day. Such is life!

Good luck Rosewood!

rosewood
23-08-2009, 10:37 AM
did your squirl marks stay out or did they come back

curtis265
23-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Hahaha just makes sure you use microfibre towels to buff it... and superclean water and plenty of soap before you wash your car. u shud be fine.

LonSkii
11-09-2009, 12:01 PM
buy white car!

I never know that dealer do shit paint protection. I thought it would be better than other people. Meh! paid like $500-600 when i bought my JIZZ!

rosewood
11-09-2009, 01:05 PM
yeah, I paid 600.00 & now I paid another $400 to get it fixed up. It now looks like a new car.

curtis265
12-09-2009, 11:07 AM
^that's good to hear...

no watch out for rockchips like mad - my dads mazda6 is horrible now cos of all the scratches and rockchips - i cbf scratchXing it out... and that chipstick thing for the rockchips is total bull.