PDA

View Full Version : Neon light under the rear seats!

DavidLing
09-11-2004, 10:01 PM
Do anyone put a neon light under the rear seats?

At first, i used double side sticky tape to stick the neon light under the rear seats, but i found that it is so stupid to do that, coz' i need to take it out every time i move the magic seats, and need to replace the double side sticky tape again.

I find a easy way to solve this problem, (may be u already know this method :o ) and i wanna take a space in this forum to share this method to anyone who have the same problem as me. If u have another good methods, please let me know!! :p Thanks!

What u need:
1. Velcro (also called "Hook and Loop Tape"), get the one with sticky tape on the other side.

http://img37.exs.cx/img37/1744/IMGP0077.jpg

Where u can get it:
K-marks: AU$5.99 for 1m (recommend that u to share with other ppl, coz' 1m is more then enough.)

Steps:
Step 1: u only need the "Hook" side (the left one) and stick in on your neon light

http://img37.exs.cx/img37/86/IMGP0078.jpg

http://img37.exs.cx/img37/533/IMGP0074.jpg

Step 2:
Stick your neon on the carpet area that under the rear seats. It is because the carpet have the same texture as the "Loop" of the Velcro, so it can stick on the carpet.

http://img37.exs.cx/img37/7183/IMGP0075.jpg

FINISH:

http://img37.exs.cx/img37/6686/IMGP0076.jpg

Thus, u can take it out and stick it back as many time as u want, without replace the dobule side sticky tape again!

-MuGen PoWer-
09-11-2004, 10:44 PM
cant see the pic

DavidLing
10-11-2004, 12:05 AM
Can u see the pic now??

Philip Lee
10-11-2004, 09:36 AM
Can u see the pic now??

nop...

try http://www.imageshack.us/ they're free.

TypeG
10-11-2004, 10:29 AM
i love neons inside the car but hidden them
good design so i can get some neons as well

DavidLing
10-11-2004, 12:48 PM
Thanks Philip! I hope u guys can see it this time!

It is not a big mod, just a little trick! i feel that i is useful for the ppl who need to move the rear seat often!

supatt
11-11-2004, 10:18 PM
can i ask, did you diy your neons?.....if you did...which wire did you hook it up to ?....
every time i try to hook mine up to my cigarrett lighter leads...my fuse blows..!!

DavidLing
11-11-2004, 10:25 PM
i didn't DIY the neons. i just use a "1 divide into 4 adapter" which can plug into the cigarrett lighter plug!

TypeG
11-11-2004, 11:05 PM
wtf
blow the fuse?
is it for car?
coz i plug in mine and work fine
i now cut the wires and connect to the amp...

simpdogg
11-11-2004, 11:57 PM
I have installed only 2 green neon lights under my dash so it gives off a pretty wicked green glow running into a power conector,wired onto the missle switch for the foggys which is run to the battery, im keen to put them in the rea but didnt worry cos i thought they might get damaged with passengers in the car, looks sweet dude might look at doing something similar to the back

DavidLing
12-11-2004, 12:03 AM
my neon light is not strong enough either!

If u stick your neon light is sticked on the area as show on the picture below. I don't think passengers will step on it or somthing, coz't their feet won't reach there if they seat normally!

http://img37.exs.cx/img37/7183/IMGP0075.jpg

DavidLing
12-11-2004, 12:06 AM
i am thinking to change all the neon light to ultraviolet light!!

dark138
12-11-2004, 12:22 AM
i've got two red neons installed under the driver/passenger in that litter slit under the storage area. hooked it up to a beat sensor that came in the package.

anyways i want to strip some wire and make the two neon tube so it will only take one plug to turn everything on. anyone know will that blow any fuses?

simpdogg
12-11-2004, 12:36 AM
The Ultra Violet light looks sweet as, where did you run the wires for the neons? i asume that they are hidden, ive put green led's in the doors and center light, i didnt like it at first but it grew on me, its just experimenting something new......where do i stop, i dont know how to post pics but if ur interested in having a looklet me know

DavidLing
12-11-2004, 12:48 AM
The Ultra Violet light looks sweet as, where did you run the wires for the neons? i asume that they are hidden, ive put green led's in the doors and center light, i didnt like it at first but it grew on me, its just experimenting something new......where do i stop, i dont know how to post pics but if ur interested in having a looklet me know

for the front area neon light, i hide all the wire under the dash board (behide the A/C adjusting buttons)

For the rear neon light, i just link the wire form the adapter, which is under the dash board, to rear by passing through the driver seat. And then i used a carpet to cover it!! Easy, simple and lazy method!

u put a Green LED in the center light, is it good? yes, it is the frist time i heard about it! GOOD TRY~! but u won't see it unless u open the doors or turn it on buy yourself!

simpdogg
12-11-2004, 08:19 AM
Ill give your way of hiding the wires a go, i was thinking to run it under the panels along side the front seat proberly up under the center console bit and then feed the wire under each seat.
hahaha yep i certainly did put a green LED in the center light & doors, true you cant see them unless you turn it on yourself or open the door, but it adds another affect and noticable when you get in the car ill take some pics tonight and post them.

i dont recommend driving with the LED center on at night

supatt
12-11-2004, 10:03 AM
dark 138, i dont know if it is the cause of fuse blowing....but mine is hooked up together...... like joined the two cables together onto one and then ran the single to my ciggarett lighter....(hardwired it to the ciggarett lighter) and it blew my fuse twice.....last time i had the neons in my other car...my friend did it for me and he connected the neons to another power source.....dont know how or what!!...so trying to find another one in the jazz..if anyone know where i can hardwire the neons...it would be great!!..thanks!

TypeG
12-11-2004, 10:43 AM
what mean by hardwired?

dark138
12-11-2004, 01:35 PM
i tihnk thats directly wiring to the dash board power..
so when the dashboard light turns on, so will the neons.

supatt
have you tried using a high AMp fuse so it wouldn't blow?

supatt
12-11-2004, 05:10 PM
never heard of that...will give it a try...can i get one from any motor shop?......
will if fit in the fuse box?...
sorry for my ignorance...=)..heheh..

dark138
12-11-2004, 10:26 PM
i mean... a higher amp fuse... so teh current allowed to go thur will be higher

TypeG
13-11-2004, 01:03 PM
just link to cig plug wires or to the amp
i link all my neons there
no problem at all

brightboyfree
13-11-2004, 03:44 PM
can i ask, did you diy your neons?.....if you did...which wire did you hook it up to ?....
every time i try to hook mine up to my cigarrett lighter leads...my fuse blows..!!

Try to turn everything off and plug out before you start the engine... :rolleyes: if u follow this, no fused will blow again... :thumbsup:

DavidLing
13-11-2004, 06:48 PM
How can i join all the neon light (i mean 3 of them) into 1 cigarrett lighter plug?

And how can u make it like when u turn on the headlight, the neon on, when the headlight off, the neon off??

brightboyfree
13-11-2004, 06:59 PM
How can i join all the neon light (i mean 3 of them) into 1 cigarrett lighter plug? --> buy adapter to separate.....

And how can u make it like when u turn on the headlight, the neon on, when the headlight off, the neon off?? --> you can do this, but more hard to change in future(the stuff may be broken or want to change colour)

DavidLing
13-11-2004, 07:05 PM
How can i join all the neon light (i mean 3 of them) into 1 cigarrett lighter plug? --> buy adapter to separate.....

And how can u make it like when u turn on the headlight, the neon on, when the headlight off, the neon off?? --> you can do this, but more different to change in future(the stuff may be broken or want to change colour)

I already bought a "1 divide into 4 adapter", and i already used 3 for the neon lights. What i want is join all the neon lights into 1 plug which have switch!

Did u tried to cut off the cigarrett lighter plugs from each of the neon light, and then join all the wire into 1 cigarrett lighter plug? Do u think it work??

brightboyfree
14-11-2004, 01:20 AM
I already bought a "1 divide into 4 adapter", and i already used 3 for the neon lights. What i want is join all the neon lights into 1 plug which have switch!

Did u tried to cut off the cigarrett lighter plugs from each of the neon light, and then join all the wire into 1 cigarrett lighter plug? Do u think it work??

it woundn't work...try to get a adapter with power switch... :)

simpdogg
15-11-2004, 08:21 AM
I have cut off the cigarette plugs, i have an adapter which is wired onto a missle switch which operates my fog lights,this wire is directly hooked onto the battery, you can do this but make sure your good at soldering, and you know what wire it is that you want to connect your neons to, in respect to actually, putting it on with ur headlighs lihtes on neons on etc, check what the law is in your state just make sure that you dont need a seperat switch, i know in vic the cops wont give you any grief if its runs on a seperate switch