PDA

View Full Version : 05 euro licence plate frame

boneyards
30-07-2009, 04:02 PM
hey guys just wondering what you guys did to the bulky as licence plate frame on the front bumper? i wanted to take it off, but when i did i found there were big holes underneath. gross

and, can you use turpentine to remove the glue residue left over when you debadge the 'accord euro' from the boot?

euromandeluxe
30-07-2009, 06:11 PM
I used wd-40 to get rid of the badge glue residue.

with the license plate thing, one of the black platic pieces was needed to secure the plate I believe. I took it off, trimmed the edges so it's much smaller (and hides more cleanly behind the plate) and got rid of the other black piece which is huge and unnecessary. most others have done the same

Cn88
30-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Hey bone yards i wouldn't recommend using turpentine to remove the glue residue left over try and use Eucalyptus oil to get the sticky stuff off seen in this

thread: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6094&highlight=Eucalyptus <--- post #8

cheers cn88 :)

Ken-f
30-07-2009, 08:23 PM
just cut it.

boneyards
31-07-2009, 02:08 AM
thanks guys i debadged and cut the plate frame it looks alrite. you can still see a very faint outline from the badge but you have to really squint so im not fussed. thanks for the help!

aaronng
31-07-2009, 07:44 AM
thanks guys i debadged and cut the plate frame it looks alrite. you can still see a very faint outline from the badge but you have to really squint so im not fussed. thanks for the help!

Just get some swirl remover and go over the faint outline for a few minutes and it will disappear.