PDA

View Full Version : Honda EG Si (Civic)

DRIFT-EG
30-07-2009, 06:02 PM
Ok just put my car on deposit, and want to know how can I tell if it's really an Si. People say check the chassis but where is that? Is that the plate near the very end of the bonnet. All I see is numbers and Something like /91 /92 is that the year model? Also how can I tell what engine it is?

How can I tell if the KM's has been clocked back or something?

What else do tell if it is an Si?

FastFwd
30-07-2009, 06:10 PM
It will say EG6 on a little plate next to your bonnet clip.

Rear disk brakes

Engine model

Interior colours/styles

stock rims

etc etc

and really the only only way you will know if the k's are clocked back is if its sitting on like 90 thou and the engines knocking and wheel bearings need replacing and suspension bushings are worn. So basically no idea really. Anyone could have got a new dash and chucked it on there...

im proud to say mines done 270,000 :) engines only done 5,000 lol Since rebuild and 55,000 since i got it from japan.

DRIFT-EG
30-07-2009, 06:14 PM

Rear disk brakes

Engine model

Interior colours/styles

stock rims

etc etc

and really the only only way you will know if the k's are clocked back is if its sitting on like 90 thou and the engines knocking and wheel bearings need replacing and suspension bushings are worn. So basically no idea really. Anyone could have got a new dash and chucked it on there...

im proud to say mines done 270,000 :) engines only done 5,000 lol Since rebuild and 55,000 since i got it from japan.

EG6? Isn't EG5? Where is the bonnet clip? Can someone take a pic of it and circle it haha

dreamshifter
30-07-2009, 06:17 PM
You have so many threads...couldn't you just consolidate all your questions into one thread and update it as more queries arises.

You should have checked all details before putting deposit on the car. Do a REVS check or whatever it is called in NSW - it'll show the history and kms of the car each time the car is registered to a new owner. Things like wonky odometer or finger prints on the inside of the cluster might be signs that it has been tampered with.

Chasis/VIN code should be:
JHMEG5###########

edit: redbook has the 91/92 models as EG6(?)

engine code should be D16, just look around the engine block, you'll see it stamped on. Or google to see pictures of the engine.

kcokla
30-07-2009, 06:37 PM
EG6? Isn't EG5? Where is the bonnet clip? Can someone take a pic of it and circle it haha

seriously dude, you've got so many threads about the same thing and asking similar/almost same stuff in all of them. no offence, but i suggest you really try to educaet yourself through the stickies and with google. sure ozhonda is a place for learning and sharing information, but gotta learn to educate urself and not hope to be spoon fed.

rayb3na_
30-07-2009, 06:38 PM
where the bonnet clips onto the radiator support on the right side there should be eg5 build date 9* something make sure it says eg5.. the engine should be a dohc meaning when you look at it the spark plugs are in the middle of the engine cover.. not on the top.. the motor is a d16a.. it should have rear disc brakes power everything. thats all i can think of from the top of my head. km's can be checked by looking at the odometer seeing whether the numbers line up perfectly cos they will if it hasnt. if its been wound back the numbers are crooked lol hope that helps

DRIFT-EG
30-07-2009, 07:17 PM
Maybe these are some clues to help me,

Inspection:

- I think it's the cup holder infront of the gear, where you press or something
- No sunroof
- When I check the brake, I look at the 2 front wheels, I see no brake pads, I checked the back there was brake pads, correct?
- I tried to check the VIN but dunno where it was, so I looked on the right back of the bonnet, where the metal thing was bolted onto the very back right of the engine bay, and I didn't see anything just numbers and just /92 and stuff.

Another thing, let say I had a GLI, can I change the rocker gasket / engine gasket to a Si gasket, to trick people?

90LAN
30-07-2009, 07:25 PM
[QUOTE=FastFwd;2374530]It will say EG6 on a little plate next to your bonnet clip.

bahhhah
everyone that owns a eg on here thinks its a eg6
yeah its eg SIR minus the R lol

eg5 vin no on the firewall
light blue interior
it will be built 91/92
d16a motor
rear disc brakes

with kms ask for original log book
if they have
if they dont then theres no chance

doesnt matter how many k's
as long as the body is straight and original
and the motor is good

get some one or pay some one exprienced to check it out
you seem like you dont have a clue
asking is always good

FastFwd
31-07-2009, 12:46 PM

bahhhah
everyone that owns a eg on here thinks its a eg6
yeah its eg SIR minus the R lol

Dont know what you mean dude? i actually thought that he was talking about a eg6 not an eg5....

i know the difference.

Chi
31-07-2009, 01:34 PM
EG6's are SiR, SiR-S etc.

EG5's are Si's and VTi's in Australia.

Don't know why you thought it was a EG6 when he stated 'Si'.

wynode
31-07-2009, 01:39 PM
Take a pic of the engine bay.

Other way to tell is that the Si/Vti has rear disks......and the Si has a black rocker cover with a roughish finish (DOHC). D16A8xxxx engine.

Si also has cup holders like the Vti. The other models (Gli etc) don't imo.

Just make sure it's not a VEi! :)

FastFwd
31-07-2009, 06:09 PM
EG6's are SiR, SiR-S etc.

EG5's are Si's and VTi's in Australia.

Don't know why you thought it was a EG6 when he stated 'Si'.

I know the diff between si and sir thats not the problem...

i thought he was talkin about an EG6. I had recently got off reading another post from the same guy when he was going on about eg6's etc.

as i said about i actually thought he was talking about and eg6 not and eg5.

90LAN
31-07-2009, 06:19 PM
I know the diff between si and sir thats not the problem...

i thought he was talkin about an EG6. I had recently got off reading another post from the same guy when he was going on about eg6's etc.

as i said about i actually thought he was talking about and eg6 not and eg5.

fair enough easy mistake to do
alot of people get it mixed up all the time

FastFwd
31-07-2009, 06:22 PM
fair enough easy mistake to do
alot of people get it mixed up all the time

newbs come on and post up 7 different posts like "hi new to OH", "what should i get" "turbo my eg" "supercharge my eg" "sex with my eg" lol

in the span of one day...see it all the time.

Anwyl
03-08-2009, 10:13 PM
newbs come on and post up 7 different posts like "hi new to OH", "what should i get" "turbo my eg" "supercharge my eg" "sex with my eg" lol

in the span of one day...see it all the time.

hahaha hey....I'm one of them newbies XD

FastFwd
04-08-2009, 10:59 AM
hahaha hey....I'm one of them newbies XD

sex with your eg? lol

all good we all learn somehow. Usually by someone like me saying something blunt to get you to stop posting 1000 posts all about the same subject.

whtdc2
08-08-2009, 11:10 AM
hope this picture can help you!!

kcokla
08-08-2009, 11:21 AM
thats a si