PDA

View Full Version : Car Audio Noob - Q's regarding Subs AND Rockford Fosgate Stuff

Whatsthedillio
09-11-2004, 11:25 PM
Okey dokey.

My 1st question is: Can all "subs" be bridged? i thought you bridged amps, not the sub, but the guy in strathfield said "hmm i dont know if i can bridge a panasonic sub"

(Am getting the panasonic, as my mates dad works for em and got me a kickass discount)

2nd Question is, how good are rockford fosgate as a brand of Amp? My mate knows an auto electrician, he's selling his Rockford Fosgate (not sure of amperage, have to check it out) i'm sure it's a four channel, he said he'd give it to me for $350, i guess i'll take it supposing it doesn't suck ass.

Um, yeah, can anyone give me some advice?

Cheers,

Whatsthedillio.

Dominik
09-11-2004, 11:31 PM
I swear by Rockford - they have been there for a long time, and won alot of car audio comps in thier time. Havent heard their new stuff, but i've had personal experiences with a 40w amp of theirs, powering 2 x 15" subs

Never heard of bridging subs, but if it is a dual voice coil subwoofer then perhaps he is talking about wiring up the voice coils in parallel or series...

Either that or he was doubtful of whether the panasonic could handle the output from a bridged amp??

toE
10-11-2004, 12:19 AM
Rockford can be trusted, as long as it's not fake ;)
Their whole range of audio equipment are top notch, if not just great. :)

As for bridging subs...hmm..as what Dominik said.

Hope that helps and good luck.

Whatsthedillio
10-11-2004, 07:46 AM
yeah, take that strathfield jerk, :D

Thanks guys :)