PDA

View Full Version : type s speakers

r3ckless
30-07-2009, 10:55 PM
got a type s, 2005 model, speakres in it just SUCK.. just wondering, if i keep the standard HU, but hcange all speakers to something powerful and aftermarket.. (btw i dont want amp / sub), would i be able to get much better sound? As my mate said if i just change the HU, the sound will be better, but i want the stock HU?

dsp26
31-07-2009, 09:24 AM
depends... match the speaker wattage to the deck if unamped.

a 4x50w deck generally produces 4x12wrms

keep a note though, i plugged in 250wrms speakers straight to the deck.. blew the mosfets in a week

reedyek4
31-07-2009, 10:10 AM
type s speakers will run fine of a stock head unit..will just not get as much grunt as an amped example

JDM.Power
31-07-2009, 11:03 AM
if your after sound, 6'5inch splits, for a good set you looking around $180-200 worth the investment, they make a big difference in clarity sound.

hectic_filo
31-07-2009, 11:46 AM
ill reckon the stock speakers will work better off an after market HU, after market HU has more rms watts, more sound enhancement more option to change bass treble mid etc, stock HU doesnt give much watts and sound enhancement compare to aftermarket HU

but if your after a speaker tyre-R splits wont let you down,

r3ckless
31-07-2009, 05:31 PM
hmm, i rather keep the stock HU, and replace the spekaers to good quality speakers..

shoppingsecure
31-07-2009, 05:34 PM
If you want to keep your factory head unit but have good quality aftermarket speakers you will need to amplify them. The factory head unit wouldn't have enough power to run those speakers correctly.

That said, I really don't like the Type S speaker and I think they sound horrible whether they are connected to an amplifier or not.

Do you have splits or coaxials?

hectic_filo
31-07-2009, 09:01 PM
If you want to keep your factory head unit but have good quality aftermarket speakers you will need to amplify them. The factory head unit wouldn't have enough power to run those speakers correctly.

That said, I really don't like the Type S speaker and I think they sound horrible whether they are connected to an amplifier or not.

Do you have splits or coaxials?

yea the stock HU wony give out enough power to power those high quality after market speakers,

the question is does the stock headunit has RCA preout for the amp? if doesnt you might need to buy the converter to convert speakers wires to RCA into an amp.

but if your dnt want an amp, there maybe a slight better quality from stock unit to after market speakers.. compare to stock speakers

aka_NSX
31-07-2009, 11:25 PM
its always Good to run an Amp BUT

if you really don't want any Amp try to find speaker with a very high sensitivity

r3ckless
02-08-2009, 11:08 AM
yeah, see but i dont want to run any amp/sub in my boot... i think im jsut going to keep it stock as, and listen2 my vtec instead :D

dsp26
03-08-2009, 07:55 PM

which is fair enough but there are not many decent amps out there that accept high level input... most if not all even half arsed amps only come with low level input (rca cable).. no stock deck afaik come with low level input except those new cars like a Mazda6 that come with sub/amp combo from factory

jdmlvn
11-08-2009, 10:19 AM
start off with a headunit, the stock HU only punches 15wattsx4, ive had mine replaced by a JVC 50wattx4, and u wouldnt believe the difference, and im still running stock papercone ek1 speakers

COR73S
11-08-2009, 10:49 AM
Yeah, as most of the guys have said here, I doubt you'll get the sound you are after without replacing the headunit or using an amp.

Sorry dude

jdmlvn
11-08-2009, 10:56 AM
no point getting mad speakers if ur headunit is stock. after getting ur headunit, even getting those $50 6" splits would make such a big difference

mattchuej8
21-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Headunit will improve your sound. But factory speakers are usually poo. Especially if you're planning to pump it. Theyll blow and crackle. i rekn go headunit first then wait for them to blow then get speakers or get it all done at once. :)