PDA

View Full Version : Where to service FD1?

Jackee
31-07-2009, 01:12 AM
Hi guys,
So my fd1 is now 6 months old from delivery, but it has only done 4000 on the clock . How long can i delay the service until before i have breached the warranty requirements? Also does anyone know how much the 6month service will cost? can i just ring up and ask each dealership? Do i NEED to go to a honda dealership? I know a guy who owns a small car repair shop that does servicing, does he need to have some sort of qualification he can show me before i let him do it? Sorry about the influx of questions, but help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks =]

edmbranch
31-07-2009, 01:31 AM
You should have done your 1000kms service, that'll be the first service which is free, and every 10,000kms/6 months after that as your service & warranty guide manual would have suggested. Best to service every 6 months, you wouldn't want to risk the warranty.. avoid mistakes like not bringing your car in at all.. it'll cost you in any other means in the end..

Doesn't have to be the same dealership, so long it's honda authorised. As you'll need the chop from Honda Australia/honda authorised service.

Where abouts? Vic?

aaronng
31-07-2009, 08:13 AM
http://www.carservice.com.au/car-service-servicing-guide-2.aspx?makeid=8&carlineid=631&modelid=4032

For price, call up each dealer.

Also search because there are many servicing threads in the new Civic section.

Jackee
01-08-2009, 12:49 AM
thansk for reply, im in sydney. can a non honda dealership service my car? i've already done the 1000km free service. Can i be a month late for my 6 month ? thanks!

aaronng
01-08-2009, 09:31 AM
thansk for reply, im in sydney. can a non honda dealership service my car? i've already done the 1000km free service. Can i be a month late for my 6 month ? thanks!

THey can, but I don't trust places like Ultratune. I would rather a place like Hanny's or Toda service my car.

JOhnnyFD
01-08-2009, 10:04 AM
but do hanny's and toda have servicing accreditations in not voiding warranty??
i know that ultratune when servicing the car there, it doesnt void warranty

becoz srzly.. the main and only reason to servicing the car is to not void warranty.. if not, i could have serviced my car myself

aaronng
01-08-2009, 12:20 PM
but do hanny's and toda have servicing accreditations in not voiding warranty??
i know that ultratune when servicing the car there, it doesnt void warranty

becoz srzly.. the main and only reason to servicing the car is to not void warranty.. if not, i could have serviced my car myself

LOL, when you send your in for minor servicing, your car is worked on by apprentices at the dealer and at Ultratune. :) Don't get tricked by marketing blurb.

You can use any workshop to do the service as long as they stamp your log book. Your warranty is void if you miss the service or failure was caused by abuse/neglect. Read your warranty statement in your service log book.

black8thgen
01-08-2009, 12:45 PM
does ur warranty void if ur a month late on the service? pleaseee say no...

curtis265
01-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Don't think 1 month would do it.. I think skipping entirely fk's it up