PDA

View Full Version : Ek engine harness plug pinout

ceeazian
31-07-2009, 01:50 PM
Hi guys.

I have a d series gli civic 96. Currently going in is a 97 spec b18 Jdm itr motor. Had been advised to get an ek4/ek9 engine harness to make the conversion plug n play.

Issue. Have the ek9 engine wiring harness. Missing the distributor (8 loose wires) and altenator plugs on the harness which were supposed to (if they were there) plug into the motors distributor and altenator sockets.

Is there a distributor an altenator pinout diagram to rewire these loose wires into a plug?

Any help appreciated.

CRXer
31-07-2009, 03:02 PM
if square alt plug,
hold plug with latch at top & looking at wires side,
top left-ign power(black/yellow)
top right-alt control(white/green)
bott left-charge light(white/blue)
bott right-alt signal(white/red)

if round alt plug,
hold plug latch at top,looking wires side
move all wires listed above 1 position anti-clockwise.

u should have 9 wires at dizzy,
6 sensor,1 igniter,1 power,1 tacho
just match them colour for colour either side of the plugs.
if the dizzy has different colour wires coming out of it to those of your engine harness,list the colours that it has.
in any case the power(black/yellow),igniter(green/yellow) & tacho(blue) wires should be the same colours,just maybe the 6 sensor wires depending what dizzy u have.

ceeazian
31-07-2009, 06:44 PM
Hey. Thanks for replying. On the harness where the distributor should connect (missing plug) only has has 8 loose wires? The distributor plug on the engine has 9? The plug on the engine have these colours.

Black/white
blue
blue
white
blue/white
blue/yellow
yellow/green
orange/blue
orange ?

The 8 loose wires on the harness are: white - black/yellow - green - blue - yellow/green - black - yellow - red ?

CRXer
31-07-2009, 11:21 PM
ok,your prob just missing the tacho wire in the car

on the dizzy side(or engine side as u call it)
-is black/white actually black/yellow but the yellow just faded(not important question,but check anyway)?
-look hard at the 2 blue wires,does one of them have a green stripe on it?
-is the blue/white wire actually a white/blue wire(ie white with blue stripe)?

do u have a multimeter handy?

answer these questions & i'll tell u how to connect them up....

ceeazian
31-07-2009, 11:35 PM
on the dizzy side(or engine side as u call it)
-is black/white actually black/yellow but the yellow just faded(not important question,but check anyway)? <--will check this man, quite possible.
-look hard at the 2 blue wires,does one of them have a green stripe on it?<----will look again
-is the blue/white wire actually a white/blue wire(ie white with blue stripe)?<--yes it is actually a white/blue.

do u have a multimeter handy? im sure my mechanic will do.

i'll check the other two wires tomorrow. thanks man appreciate your help.

CRXer
01-08-2009, 12:05 AM
in the meantime just do this,

dizzy >>>>>>>> car
black/white(or yellow) >>>>>> black/yellow
yellow/green >>>>>>> yellow/green
orange >>>>>>> yellow
white >>>>>> black
orange/blue >>>>>>> green
white/blue >>>>>>> red
blue/yellow >>>>>> white

for the other 2 blue wires on dizzy,
if u can see that 1 blue wire does actually have a green stripe on it,connect it to the blue wire of the car harness.

if u cant see a green stripe on 1 of the blue wires,just put one multimeter probe on the blue/yellow wire & test each blue wire with the other probe,one will give about 500ohm(cant remember exact figure) the other will give no reading at all.
the one that gives about 500 ohm,connect that one to the blue wire on the car harness side.

the other blue wire thats left at the dizzy,u can use to feed a tacho(or whatever) if u so desire.

ECU-MAN
04-08-2009, 09:10 AM
EK9 engine loom is OPBDIIb, you need an EK4 loom that is OBDIIa,

the ECU's are different, the EK9 loom will not be plug and play and require lot of work to make it suit the B18C

ceeazian
04-08-2009, 10:54 AM
hey man. Thanks for your reply. I confirmed this not long after crxer helped me with everything. What a painful process. Can you suggest who would be of most benefit and use of an ek9 engine loom so I know to give correct details given I were to sell it off? Given it's a obd2b compliant harness.

ECU-MAN
04-08-2009, 03:07 PM
I have one 2. I have no use for it other that stealing connectors from it or modify it to a custom loom