PDA

View Full Version : ABS light!

yiannixanthos
31-07-2009, 11:40 PM
just recently the abs light has been coming on,, sometimes the car would be turned on and running but it wont come on but other times it will, hasnt come on for the last couple days but today it did, seems to come on and off...do i take it to honda or can mechanics fix the problem? thanksguys

Premature Vtec
01-08-2009, 12:14 AM
yeah you can. or Check your fuses to see if any have blown referring to ABS Control or auto electrician because it might be your wires ect ...

interfooler
01-08-2009, 09:33 AM
It could as simple as a blown fuse or a resistor. So check the fuse box and reset the ECU. In your case it comes on and off that could be due to loose wiring.

yiannixanthos
01-08-2009, 04:16 PM
It could as simple as a blown fuse or a resistor. Or it could mean the entire airbag needs to be replaced. So check the fuse box and reset the ECU. In your case it comes on and off that could be due to loose wiring.

My SRS light came on twice. First time it was a very expensive fix. The whole airbag needed to be replaced and it costs me 800 bucks at Honda.

Second time the light came on it was due to a faulty dummy resistor (to tell the system there is only driver airbag present). That was 200 bucks out of pocket at Honda.

nahhh not the SRS that was replaced when i bought the car back in december....its the ABS light....ill check the fuses today! thanks guys ill get back to you

yiannixanthos
01-08-2009, 04:30 PM
wait a sec, im confused here...whats SRS got to do with ABS i thought ABS was the brakes and SRS was the airbag? i looked for the fuse, i found a SRS fuse, cant find a ABS fuse, where should i be looking? help much appreciated! and how do i reset the ecu?

xcwizit
01-08-2009, 05:00 PM
wait a sec, im confused here...whats SRS got to do with ABS i thought ABS was the brakes and SRS was the airbag? i looked for the fuse, i found a SRS fuse, cant find a ABS fuse, where should i be looking? help much appreciated! and how do i reset the ecu?

Check the fuse box under the steering column, if not there it should be in the other fuse box in the engine bay!

interfooler
01-08-2009, 06:01 PM
nahhh not the SRS that was replaced when i bought the car back in december....its the ABS light....ill check the fuses today! thanks guys ill get back to you

Saw the wrong thing sorry! Thought it was SRS you were asking about. haha.

yiannixanthos
01-08-2009, 06:41 PM
xcwizit, i checked before and i couldn't find a fuse named ABS,, its late at night now but ill check both again tomorrow morning......interfooler hahaha thats alright, got me abit confused haha...is it possible to reset the ecu?

interfooler
01-08-2009, 08:16 PM
Best to look in the manual cuz all fuses look the same you wouldn't know which is what. Yes you could reset the ECU by taking out the battery terminals and wait few hours.

yiannixanthos
01-08-2009, 11:18 PM
ok ill give it a look tomorrow for the fuses, will resetting the ecu do anything or just mask the problem?

interfooler
01-08-2009, 11:46 PM
Resetting your ECU is like restarting windows when you see 'program not responding'. :P

yiannixanthos
02-08-2009, 12:32 AM
bahahaha thats a quality observation there.....what i was meant to ask, if its something like the sensors with the brakes will resetting the ecu do anything? or you mean just reset it and see if the light comes back on again?

interfooler
02-08-2009, 12:37 AM
No resetting the ECU wont fix any wiring or hardware problems. But it might clear some of the calculation / programming error in the ECU chip.

yiannixanthos
02-08-2009, 12:39 AM
ok so what u mean is, if i reset the ecu and the light comes back on again then theres something wrong with the brakes, but if i reset it and the light doesnt come back on its just a calculation/programming error? thanks interfooler

yiannixanthos
02-08-2009, 12:46 AM
ohh shit just looked at the manual, and the ABS fuse has its own box, that explains why i couldn't find it in the engine bay or under the drivers side....ill have to check it tomorow morning

interfooler
02-08-2009, 12:50 AM
Yeap.. check the fuses. if they are not blown, do the ECU reset. If light is still on, time to ring honda.

yiannixanthos
20-09-2009, 10:01 PM
hi there again,, it seems as though it was fine for a while,, but now the light comes up again after driving for abit,, and ive noticed something else now,, when i start car and throughout driving the car,, there is like a grunting noise coming from the engine area,, like a motor pressurizing or sumthing, its quite loud too! any ideas,, ive read that this could be a leak on the unit causing it to pressurize constantly?