PDA

View Full Version : Injector question

shecomb
10-11-2004, 10:47 AM
Guys,

Need to know what brand of injectors will fit a '95 Prelude Si. I've been having trouble finding any in Aust with the same spray pattern as standard.

This is for a turbo setup so just need dimensions of injector and where they can be bought, preferrably in Aust.

Cheers, any help would be appreciated.

Dave

BLKCRX
10-11-2004, 11:20 AM
Spay won't effect power that much ! but is also depends don application, sometimes a narrow spray can help for NA and a wide spray for turbo... but meh the size of the injector / ohm of the injector is more important. in general you want any hi impedance injector, to work with the stock ECU... almost any top feed injector will work.. its just how you adapt the ECU / plugs the fuel management to control the injector which is the most important thing.

Regards James

shecomb
10-11-2004, 11:23 AM
Thanx for the quick reply! :)

Ok, running a Si non vtec engine with Autronic SMC. I just want to make sure the injectors are similar in spray to standard cause Honda's R&D expense is much higher than mine so i trust they got the spray and shit right!

Running 8psi on a T3/04E - lookin at 550 - 750cc just need to know the right fit/brand to go for. Don't really wanna be machining injectors to fit thats all

Weq
10-11-2004, 11:28 AM
RC injectors make high and low impedance injectors which will suit ur application. Check with ur ECU manual as to which impedance they take, im sure its high though. They are used by the best, so dont doubt their abilities. US ebay can help u out, ~200-300USD for a set + shipping. I know james uses them, and ive been using em to with sucess.

shecomb
10-11-2004, 11:35 AM
Ok yeah that may be a go. Was a little weary of US product incase there faulty then too hard to replace.

Weq
10-11-2004, 11:45 AM
Ok yeah that may be a go. Was a little weary of US product incase there faulty then too hard to replace.

Ive heard quotes before on Bosch injectors. Lets just say that the chance of having 4 faulty RC's OR spending ~70usd on a replacement, is wort the slight risk.

BLKCRX
10-11-2004, 11:47 AM
The SMC will run both high and low impedance injectors, actually it will run almost ANY injector on the market. All you need is a top feed injector, the rest is history. RC, siemens, delfi, any main stream name injectors will be fine, there’s heaps of injector resellers here in Australia, if your in Melb try EFI hardware for injectors of if ya in syd try petri jet.

I would go after the larger injectors 700cc will do you for almost any application low to kinda high boost… just make sure your part throttle and accelerator enrichment is tuned correctly so you don’t get fuel spurge from a large “rush” of fuel into the engine on low TPS.

Regards James

shecomb
10-11-2004, 11:51 AM
Cheers for that, i will call Petri Jet and see what they got on offer

WPN.22R
13-11-2004, 03:54 PM
i run DENSO 650cc injectors. (if that helps) no mods needed, checkout powerflow in smithfield (i think)

Civic Type R
17-11-2004, 12:25 PM
im also stuck in the poo with my injectors. I have been trying soem Mugen Group A injectors with a 330cc flow rate - which is what i need, only they are the low resistance ones. I need the high resistance ones. Anyone know where i can find these ?

CHU85
18-11-2004, 02:19 PM
I'm running rc750's that i bought from the states about 1month ago. I got them in about 1 week. Check out honda-tech.com. classifieds in the sponsors forum have great deals. I think they cost me $325usd which is about $416 dollars at the moment cos the our dollar is good. Posting shouldn't be anymore than $80
Hope that helps.